Sven Mislintat joins Arsenal

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by redanddread, Nov 20, 2017.

1. redanddread

redanddread The stone that the builders refuse

Anybody know what the **** it says?

[​IMG]

EDIT: OK - they've sanctioned his immediate move to Arsenal. 1st signing done and dusted & the window ain't open. Transfer windows might just become a lot more fun!!

2. redanddread

WTF! It's the DM boys & girls so use that pinch of salt wisely

The Germans are coming!!!

Arsenal 'set to pay £1.75m' to buy Michael Zorc out of Borussia Dortmund contract and appoint German in new sporting director role
    • Michael Zorc credited with developing Robert Lewandowski and Marco Reus
    • Borussia Dortmund chief would take new post if Arsenal buy out contract
    • Bild report Gunners need to pay £1.75 to secure Zorc as sporting director
    • 55-year-old's position at Emirates expected to be announced in coming days

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ia-Dortmund-s-Michael-Zorc.html#ixzz4yzONSeeN
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Gooner416 likes this.
  3. Borussin

Borussin AM's Resident Dortmund Fan

Its' official now about Sven Mislintat, Dortmund announced it on thier website earlier.

Gooner416 and redanddread like this.
  4. samshere

samshere Why so serieuse?

Earlier we used to have clubs making a beeline for the hottest new talents. Now, we're seeing competition for the best scouts to spot those talents. Soon there'll be scouts that identify scouts with potential.

5. redanddread

:rolleyes::D

El Granit-Coq likes this.
  6. redanddread

So give us your take on this then.....

7. redanddread

8. Borussin

For the last few months he was 'Head of professional football' at Dortmund, I am not sure what exactly that means :lol: The chief scout duties he gave up a little while ago. Markus Pilawa is the chief scout of Dortmund these days.

He was for sure a big part of Dortmund's revival from 2008 onwards, after Aki Watzke, Kloppo and Michale Zorc, no one likely had more influence than Mislintat. They whre like the perfect union, which sort of went a bit wrong with Tuchel who of course famously (in Germany at least!) fell out with him.

He also was by the way an analyst for Dortmund, I do not know if he is going to be at Arsenal too? He would analyze every game from the stands and cut video ready for the coach at half time.

So yeah, I would say a very good addition to Arsenal, I am not sure what his role title is yet? Can't blame him for going, he has been at Dortmund 10 years, so I guess he feels this is a great and exciting opportunity for him.

CaseUteinberger, redanddread and BobP like this.
  9. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Probably rules Tuchel out for the Arsenal job :lol:

10. rich 1990

rich 1990 Not Actually a Moaner

Yes, Wenger won't try something similar.

11. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Agenda Merchant

Thank Bergkamp for that!

12. redanddread

13. redanddread

14. redanddread

Arséne Wenger said: “We are delighted that Sven is joining us. Identifying and developing talent is a core part of our philosophy and Sven has an outstanding track record over many years.

“We look forward to him taking our existing recruitment approach forwards.”

15. Borussin

ahh Thomas Tuchel, even after being sacked he's casting a dark shadow on Dortmund! But yes, I'm sure he'll likely know that Arsenal will not be pursuing Tuchel any time soon!

16. BBF

BBF Real name: Ragip Xh...

Great appointment. Here's hoping he has some say in getting rid of clowns like Grimandi.

albakos, BobP, Trilly and 2 others like this.
  17. Tosker

Tosker Well-Known Member

Would that all Arsenal's signings were done as quickly

18. FinnGooner

FinnGooner Well-Known Member

Hopefully we'll let him do his job. Next summer might be the busiest of Wenger era. Having to possibly replace Alexis, Özil, Giroud, Mustafi and hopefully upgrading on Elneny/Coq and Walcott.

Linson likes this.
  19. tap-in

tap-in :-)

I saw a brilliant 9 year old playing in the park at the weekend. I noticed that a few others (probably scouts) were watching him. I think I may now be hot property :)

Mark Tobias likes this.
  20. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Well-Known Member

It's a good step in the right direction. Hopefully it works. Is Zorc coming too or is that a step too far? Where does that leave Overmars?