• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Club confirm Sven Mislintat leaving Arsenal on February 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I was surprised that Atletico let him go in the first place.

Being one of the more talented academy products to have come through.

Might say something about the sort of player he is because Atletico and Simeone aren't the type to let such a player go.

This might have something to do with this

"For me he’s one of the best ‘numbers eights’ with the ball, he orientates himself excellently, albeit with small weaknesses. For me, with half a year to prepare, he was the perfect Ilkay Gundogan replacement."

They also have Saul that broke thr0ugh not long ago.

Giroud

Established Member
Sergio Oliveira was suspended so Porto brought Otavio into the midfield. Otavio got injured in the warm-up so Andre Andre was brought in. Oliver Torres not getting a look in.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Think this interview in April was interesting in context of all the changes being made now at the club .

"I think that there are things that won’t change, we’ll only spend the money we have, we can probably improve the results of younger teams, but also improve our scouting. When you mention Mbappe, maybe we can have him when he’s younger, we have to improve in this area. Because Griezmann, Kanté, we could have signed them, but we missed the opportunity to do so, not necessarily because of our financial restrictions but because we weren’t rapid enough. That is something we must improve, to sign young players before they become stars because at that moment all the clubs know them and want to sign them."

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Think this interview in April was interesting in context of all the changes being made now at the club .

"I think that there are things that won’t change, we’ll only spend the money we have, we can probably improve the results of younger teams, but also improve our scouting. When you mention Mbappe, maybe we can have him when he’s younger, we have to improve in this area. Because Griezmann, Kanté, we could have signed them, but we missed the opportunity to do so, not necessarily because of our financial restrictions but because we weren’t rapid enough. That is something we must improve, to sign young players before they become stars because at that moment all the clubs know them and want to sign them."

Wonder if he's unloading on Grimandi there

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Hope there will be some typical German discipline enforced for our youngsters(slackers) from next season:

Sven bringing in youngsters, Per taking over as youth coach and the Mad Jens to scare the bejesus out of them

:lol: this post made my day!! maybe it will also *convince* (picture Per and Jens in enforcer role) Özil to stay.

say yes

forum master baiter
They want a new centre half in January and will look for another in the summer with Mainz’s Abdou Diallo and Wolfsburg’s Ohis Felix Uduokhai among the names being scouted. They have also looked at West Brom’s Jonny Evans.

They still want Monaco’s Thomas Lemar and Lyon’s Nabil Fekir could be a replacement if Özil decides to snub a new deal and leave in the summer.

Two of the greatest paragraphs I’ve ever read :drool:

Please be right for once in your life John Cross.

Apparently reading on Arseblog that Sven has broughr in new team of scouts.

Hopefully this means Grimansi will be sacked or better yet, sent to siberia.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Hope this guy is as good as I’m reading. We aren’t gonna spend enough to compete so he needs to find Wenger 5 or 6 Dembele’s.

Watch him turn to pot now he’s here though, he’ll be back in Dortmund in 3 years and become great again.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He loved player from la Ligue 1.

Hope he's following Malcolm (who could be sold since Bordeaux is in a total mess).
Sp**s and United being linked, he must be good.

We’ll probably watch.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I don't know. I'm in the middle on him tbh.

Statsbomb did a piece on him recently if you wanna check that out. They like him but say a valuation of around 25m would be realistic. So he's not quite Ousmane Dembele in his Rennes days. Still very young though obviously, you have to speculate to accumulate etc.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Germany, France, Italy & Spain are overflowing with talent in many positions right now. He'll surely have his eye on a good deal of it.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Eredivisie too of course, though that comes with the usual hackneyed caveats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom