• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Club confirm Sven Mislintat leaving Arsenal on February 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Noticed we’ve been linked to a lot of unknown youngsters after signing the Greek lad. Do you think Mislintat has been given his own budget and we then loan out whoever he signs?

Would be a clever way of working IMO.

KROENKE SUCKS

Has he sacked Grimandi yet?
Why sack Grimandi? Wenger didnt say that we didnt identify him, just that we didnt swoop in quickly enough. Sounds like a shot at Gazidis/Law, the geniuses who've missed out on Mata and a whole host of players.

Some people will work very hard to misdirect things to make sure the mud doesn't spill on Gazidis. If I was Arsenal CEO and the Arsenal marketing department came under me ultimately, I too would make it clear that after exonerating and deflecting away from my boss (the majority shareholder) their second job was to do the same for me.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Why sack Grimandi? Wenger didnt say that we didnt identify him, just that we didnt swoop in quickly enough. Sounds like a shot at Gazidis/Law, the geniuses who've missed out on Mata and a whole host of players.

Some people will work very hard to misdirect things to make sure the mud doesn't spill on Gazidis. If I was Arsenal CEO and the Arsenal marketing department came under me ultimately, I too would make it clear that after exonerating and deflecting away from my boss (the majority shareholder) their second job was to do the same for me.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5126935/Wenger-insists-Gazidis-transfers.html

Gazidis has nothing to do with transfers. It’s all on Wenger, he admitted that himself you know.

KROENKE SUCKS

Why not post the relevant text that backs up your point instead of forcing me to give the daily mail clicks and fish through the article and guess at what you might be referring to?

To my knowledge after Dein's sacking and Gaz's hiring, Gaz was the one who handled the Arshavin negotiation, which took forever (although in that instance we got our guy). Then Gaz hired Law from the US to handle transfer negotiations under Gaz's auspices.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Why not post the relevant text that backs up your point instead of forcing me to give the daily mail clicks and fish through the article and guess at what you might be referring to?

To my knowledge after Dein's sacking and Gaz's hiring, Gaz was the one who handled the Arshavin negotiation, which took forever (although in that instance we got our guy). Then Gaz hired Law from the US to handle transfer negotiations under Gaz's auspices.

Because I don’t have to do all your work, the quote is literally there and there’s a video form as well when he he said this in a press conference after Sanllehi’s appointment.

Gazidis has absolutely nothing to do with transfers. In fact that whole article talks about Wenger’s influence in getting a new backroom staff (Mislintat, Sanllehi, Fahmy) which again confirms Wenger’s great influence at the club.

KROENKE SUCKS

Because I don’t have to do all your work, the quote is literally there and there’s a video form as well when he he said this in a press conference after Sanllehi’s appointment.

Gazidis has absolutely nothing to do with transfers. In fact that whole article talks about Wenger’s influence in getting a new backroom staff (Mislintat, Sanllehi, Fahmy) which again confirms Wenger’s great influence at the club.

You are the one making the argument, copying and pasting is not so much effort. Besides who said its work unless you are getting paid for this.;)

Wenger's influence has always been overblown, so as to deflect from the failing s of others at this club. I have seen a thousand generic quotes of Wenger's taken out of context to imply that he handles contract negotiations, when they do no such thing. How about showing us your quote so that we can see if its any different?

If Wenger was all powerful at this club why would he need to force Kroenke to meet him personally to get this new backroom staff? Surely all he would have to do is snap his fingers to get it done. Or maybe his influence is never quite what the board have made it out to be.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
DS3g7ksVwAISHOn.jpg

Excellent vote of confidence for Mislintat :)

FreakySami

He basically says mislintat adds info when it comes ti the German market but I'm sure he adds kpis that are fundamental to scouting and recruiting players that will become works class

KROENKE SUCKS

He is just reiterating what he has already said, Mislintat is not here to identify the best young talents, we already know who they are, Sven is here to make sure we swoop in and sign them before anyone else. According to his previous quotes we already knew Mbappe, etc, but Law, Gazidis, whoever else handles transfer and contract negotiations ****ed up and we missed out on those talents. Mislintat is here to make sure with his contacts/ relationships with agents, etc that we beat other clubs to these signings. I think we've sacked Law have we not? Looks like that idiot screwed over a lot of our transfer deals.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

If Wenger was all powerful at this club why would he need to force Kroenke to meet him personally to get this new backroom staff? Surely all he would have to do is snap his fingers to get it done. Or maybe his influence is never quite what the board have made it out to be.

Can you provide a link for that little tidbit?

KROENKE SUCKS

I think he's annoyed with the assertion that his scouting network is losing its touch, when the problem isn't with player identification but acquisition.

KROENKE SUCKS

The outcome is unclear but the decision rests solely with Wenger and Kroenke and will be relayed to directors at a Tuesday board meeting.

Fresh terms were agreed in principle months ago, but nothing has been signed to extend Wenger's 21-year tenure.

Arsenal are planning to make an announcement on Wednesday.

Although Wenger, 67, also met chief executive Ivan Gazidis on Monday, the time he spent with Kroenke would have been decisive.

The implication at the time on here was that Arsène had won out against the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom