• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Club confirm Sven Mislintat leaving Arsenal on February 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Its great that we are looking at ways to improve our future team. Its clear we wont or cant compete with City and a few others so we have to do what we can to give us that extra dimension. This has to be a positive step in the right direction. Out with the old in with the new!

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Its great that we are looking at ways to improve our future team. Its clear we wont or cant compete with City and a few others so we have to do what we can to give us that extra dimension. This has to be a positive step in the right direction. Out with the old in with the new!
and increases the chance of Wenger finding all the changes too much and deciding to retire gracefully

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
This is a small step in the right direction. We've needed a stronger infrastructure for a while and Wenger himself said that our scouting/recruitment needed a change.

Along with the potential appointment of a new technical director (the guy from Barca), Per Mertesacker - an unknown quantity - becoming academy director and signing the Leicester City analyst a few seasons prior. Even Jens Lehmann coming on board as a coach. Still need a few more coaches IMO.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I have hopes of seeing an immediate impact with this appointment come the summer, but I have a feeling we may not see any effects for a couple of years (i.e., player signings).

VancouverCanuck

It's been too many years since our scouts unearth a world class player: Judas.

So this is a few years late. But step in the right direction nevertheless.

FreakySami

I see a lot of people creaming over this guy, maybe I should create a model with different kpis and make a neural network model give me a description of efficient tactical analysis of the game. I think I'll do that, not sure how my model would work though and what parameters to measure.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

WTF! It's the DM boys & girls so use that pinch of salt wisely

The Germans are coming!!!

Arsenal 'set to pay £1.75m' to buy Michael Zorc out of Borussia Dortmund contract and appoint German in new sporting director role
  • Michael Zorc credited with developing Robert Lewandowski and Marco Reus
  • Borussia Dortmund chief would take new post if Arsenal buy out contract
  • Bild report Gunners need to pay £1.75 to secure Zorc as sporting director
  • 55-year-old's position at Emirates expected to be announced in coming days

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ia-Dortmund-s-Michael-Zorc.html#ixzz4yzONSeeN
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Any news about Zorc?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
That great news he is the one who got the likes lewa kagawa auba Hummels dembele etc.. To Dortmund.

Interesting transfer windows ahead.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
It's been too many years since our scouts unearth a world class player: Judas.
Extremely difficult statement to back up. If Holding turns out great then, no, it hasn't been a while. We currently have a very exciting youth group. Some local boys, and agreed mostly known names...

logic DC

Extremely difficult statement to back up. If Holding turns out great then, no, it hasn't been a while. We currently have a very exciting youth group. Some local boys, and agreed mostly known names...
feel like those are still in progression, they are still developing, they may turn out to be world class or just fall off, RVP and Cesc are indeed the last world class players we've had coming through who actually became WC players. btw I don't think we have any WC prospects coming through rn maybe Nelson but m not sure.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
feel like those are still in progression, they are still developing, they may turn out to be world class or just fall off, RVP and Cesc are indeed the last world class players we've had coming through who actually became WC players. btw I don't think we have any WC prospects coming through rn maybe Nelson but m not sure.
But that is exactly it. You can't really judge the scout until the project is over. Most WC talents usually show their spark early, but not always. Kane is an example of this. Do you think the scouts were congratulated for Kane while he was failing his loan spells before anybody knew who he was.
Our scouting needs work. Won't deny that, but this is not a department that can necessarily be judged over just a season. It takes some time to analyse the network you have.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
and increases the chance of Wenger finding all the changes too much and deciding to retire gracefully

I dont think he'll be here beyond his current contract anyway. I think that's already decided by him and the BoD. Unless of course he wins the PL next season :)

BobP

Memri Fan
Probably rules Tuchel out for the Arsenal job :lol:

What confuses me is that Tuchel left Dortmund, wouldn't Mislintat have basically been 'reinstated', so to speak, after his departure? Why would that brief experience have influenced his decision making vis a vis his career?

Regardless, I like his title, 'head of recruitment'. Sounds like he'll have autonomy, subject to approval by board and Wenger, over recruitment for both the 1st team and the academy. Long overdue shift. Shrewd recruitment had at one point been the bedrock for our success, need that area to be tightened up if that is to be the case once more.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
What confuses me is that Tuchel left Dortmund, wouldn't Mislintat have basically been 'reinstated', so to speak, after his departure? Why would that brief experience have influenced his decision making vis a vis his career?
Guess he saw how easily the higherups could take the side of another party & the trust had gone.

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan

Regardless, I like his title, 'head of recruitment'. Sounds like he'll have autonomy, subject to approval by board and Wenger, over recruitment for both the 1st team and the academy. Long overdue shift. Shrewd recruitment had at one point been the bedrock for our success, need that area to be tightened up if that is to be the case once more.

He actually was promoted after that situation. After it happened, immediately the BVB bosses promoted him. So it looked like the where siding with Mislintat in a way. BUT also maybe they didn't intervene with the problems he had with Tuchel and the training ground ban, so he was still seperated from colleagues at the training ground.

So maybe he's a little sour that Dortmund didn't do more, but I don't know, plus this happend season before last, so he stayed at Dortmund for another 18 months after it.

I think he just used yesterday as a chance to vent his dislike of Tuchel and how he was treated by him, as he had kept quiet through the whole thing while still employed by BVB.

I don't think there is anything confusing here. We made him offer he couldn't refuse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom