• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sven's Transfer Targets: Summer 2018

If we were to spend big money on one player, what position would you prefer that to be for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

The leagues are quite different in terms of set piece taking and physicality in the box. He will need at least a bedding in period. Not to afford him that would be naive IMO.
Him getting stuffed against City and Chelsea would not be ideal no. I remember what happened with Bravo. I agree, give him time, we can’t do what they did and just buy a new goalkeeper.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
The leagues are quite different in terms of set piece taking and physicality in the box. He will need at least a bedding in period. Not to afford him that would be naive IMO.

One slight problem here. If Emery does as he says and plays a high pressing game you’re going to need a sweeper keeper. That’s not Cech.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
One slight problem here. If Emery does as he says and plays a high pressing game you’re going to need a sweeper keeper. That’s not Cech.
Him getting stuffed against City and Chelsea would not be ideal no. I remember what happened with Bravo. I agree, give him time, we can’t do what they did and just buy a new goalkeeper.
Look guys. I am not advocating for Cech. I also think he was well below par and in decline before last season. I just don' t see it as a priority even though I was happy we signed Leno (or at least will). Cech did well initially. I think I just see the board's current status as being ' okay' with him until Leno is settled and we're on our way back to top 4.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Look guys. I am not advocating for Cech. I also think he was well below par and in decline before last season. I just don' t see it as a priority even though I was happy we signed Leno (or at least will). Cech did well initially. I think I just see the board's current status as being ' okay' with him until Leno is settled and we're on our way back to top 4.

They made him number 1 for a reason.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Banega played as the main CAM under Emery. Would be an odd signing, 29 years old. Wouldn't be against it and fills a hole in the squad but pushes AMN back one more.

Linson

Banega played as the main CAM under Emery. Would be an odd signing, 29 years old. Wouldn't be against it and fills a hole in the squad but pushes AMN back one more.

As in pushes him down the pecking order or back on the pitch?

This is all very exciting, a new GK / CB / RB & DCM

Sounds like Emery knows what he wants and is mercilessly going about getting it. Now there's talk of a winger as well as another young CB. If this is true, we need to start selling players to accommodate all these new signings.

I would like to see Nketiah, AMN and Nelson all get playing time next season as well and hope they get the chances that they deserve.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
As in pushes him down the pecking order or back on the pitch?

This is all very exciting, a new GK / CB / RB & DCM

Sounds like Emery knows what he wants and is mercilessly going about getting it. Now there's talk of a winger as well as another young CB. If this is true, we need to start selling players to accommodate all these new signings.

I would like to see Nketiah, AMN and Nelson all get playing time next season as well and hope they get the chances that they deserve.

Pecking order if we play in a 3.

And you're right. After Leno, Torreira and Sokratis assuming they all sign we'd have to look at selling Perez one of Ospina/Cech and then one other if we go for a young CB, winger and Banega.

Odd link for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom