• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sven's Transfer Targets: Summer 2018

If we were to spend big money on one player, what position would you prefer that to be for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
With Sevilla his main position was as a number 10. He wouldn't be in Xhaka/Torreira or Ramsey's position imo.

He's played primarily as a defensive or box-to-box central midfielder.

Screen_Shot_2018-06-18_at_11.23.25_AM.png

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
He did play 33 games as central midfield 15 games as attacking mid

Not saying he can't play an attacking role. He has and has done it well. But since his days at Boca Juniors he's been primarily in the defensive or central midfield.

I think bringing him in would be a great move. He and Emery have had a great relationship and he's a perfect fit for what Unai wants to do (assuming he wants to do what he's always wanted to do). Great in possession. Excellent passer. Can bring the ball from the back and dictate the tempo from midfield. Creates opportunities for the players in front of him. Certainly an upgrade on Wilshere in the midfield.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
With Sevilla his main position was as a number 10. He wouldn't be in Xhaka/Torreira or Ramsey's position imo.

No. He’s not even close to being a no.10. He was a midfielder playing a more advanced role in attack. He wasn’t a no.10 like Özil.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Not saying he can't play an attacking role. He has and has done it well. But since his days at Boca Juniors he's been primarily in the defensive or central midfield.

I think bringing him in would be a great move. He and Emery have had a great relationship and he's a perfect fit for what Unai wants to do (assuming he wants to do what he's always wanted to do). Great in possession. Excellent passer. Can bring the ball from the back and dictate the tempo from midfield. Creates opportunities for the players in front of him. Certainly an upgrade on Wilshere in the midfield.
He would be good addition still we'll buy another mid if Ramsey is sold. With Torreira Xhaka Ramsey Elneny and Niles I'll be surprised if we add another CM

Bangea. Another 20 M offer throwed out into the darkness hoping someone will bite. Lovely stuff!

Not that I dont like the player. He is decent.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Hard to know with Banega.

The guy can play Xhakas role better than Xhaka, Ramseys role better than Ramsey & arguably we would be more balanced as a team with him at #10/CAM.

Risk is the pace & opposition of the PL could kill his game. Seen better than him from Argentina fail.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Banega played in the number 10 position for Sevilla but didn't play as a number 10, he played as number 8 but with two guys behind him. I don't think Emery is a fan of actual number 10's, the way Banega played was similar to how Xavi played in the same role while still have Busquets and Alonso behind him for Spain. I think some call it an 8.5 role, will get involved in the build up, drop deep to pick up the ball. Whereas a number 10 is expected to play behind the striker and pick up positions between the lines.

I'm not fully convinced if Özil will be given the 10 role under Emery, unless he can replicate the same role that Banega had at Sevilla, he'll probably be shifted wide maybe.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Thought Joel was out of contract. If not hope we get him a good move & not hold out of the right fee... Never kicked up a fuss with all these loans & work permit issues before.

Lucas Perez on the other hand can do one. His agent complaining a couple of months into first season was ridiculous. So much for his 'contract for life' back at home club. :lol:

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Thought Joel was out of contract. If not hope we get him a good move & not hold out of the right fee... Never kicked up a fuss with all these loans & work permit issues before.

Lucas Perez on the other hand can do one. His agent complaining a couple of months into first season was ridiculous. So much for his 'contract for life' back at home club. :lol:

It was long thought that Joel's contract ran out this summer, but then Arsenal listed him among returning players. Would be great to see him find just the right situation. He's actually a very good player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom