Sven's Transfer Targets: Summer 2018

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Aevius, May 10, 2018.

?

If we were to spend big money on one player, what position would you prefer that to be for?

1. Goalkeeper

24.7%
  2. Defender

16.7%
  3. Central Midfielder

33.3%
  4. Winger

25.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Agenda Merchant

Understandable. It is vital for the rich and the elite that humans don't get to the asteroids that are worth trillions of dollars. Unless of course if USA controls it!

2. JENSON_GUNNER

JENSON_GUNNER Well-Known Member

Can't believe I'm agreeing with Hydro on this forum o_O

3. every little thing

every little thing Well-Known Member

In july 2014 during the world cup, Wenger was at a beach before signed alexis sanchez :cool:

[​IMG]

4. Cazorlinho

Cazorlinho Took years to learn how to embed tweets

This is weird though.
    Especially if we're after Soyuncu like it was reported.

To raise funds we should sell Mustafi Chambers Welbeck and Iwobi.
    I don't know if we'd be in trouble with the HG rule though.

If we can get £20M for Chambers + £15M for Welbeck (he's going to be a free agent next year) + £15/20M for Iwobi + £15/20M for Mustafi it'd be great.

If Leno and Torreira get done, I think we still need more one CB and a winger.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  5. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Transfer Junkie

We wouldn't be in trouble but it leaves the squad quite thin. You can safely assume one of Ospina or Cech will be gone after the Leno arrival. Or maybe even both with Martinez as backup.

Any manager with a brain would ditch Ospina and Cech now. Have Leno with Martinez as backup, instantly frees up one non HG spot and covers a HG one. Koscielny will always be included in the 25 man squad.

Leno, Martinez*
    Lichsteiner, Bellerin*
    Sokratis, Chambers* (Mavropanos)
    Mustafi, Soyuncu, Koscielny
    Monreal, Kolasinac
    Xhaka, Elneny (AMN)
    Ramsey*, Torreira
    Mkhitaryan, Özil
    Iwobi*, Welbeck*
    Aubameyang, Lacazette, Perez

There's a lot of room, especially if we sell Perez on top of Ospina/Cech, for more foreign signings. The lack of true wide man every time I look at the squad distresses me :lol:

Leno, Lich, Sokratis, Torreira another CB another CM and a winger. 7 signings in one summer, lets go:D

6. TornadoTed

TornadoTed Well-Known Member

I thought the rule was that you had to have no more than 17 non-home grown players rather than having to have 8 home grown players.

Couldn't you in theory have 17 French senior players, 8 French under 21 players and have a 25 man squad that complies with the home grown rule!

There is so much conflicting info on this online it would be good if someone who really knows could give a definitive answer.

7. field442

field442 Abandoned Emery because of Cech

Starting to think we are going to need another midfielder with Wilshere going, especially as it seems like we’re going with a midfield 3. Elneny can backup Torreira and AMN for Elneny but we don’t really have anyone to sub in for Ramsey. The Banega links seem like bollocks it would be a good option.

8. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

Golovin

9. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

If we going with 3 midfield then going for another midfield make sense but even if we don't buy won't be big problem because Iwobi is capable of playing there too I don't we can spend 20-30M for a mid to be backup for Ramsey Xhaka and Torreira

10. Swallow

Swallow Well-Known Member

You are absolutely right. Under the home grown rule, teams are not obliged to register home grown players, they are rather restricted to 17 senior foreign players. So you can have a squad of 25 home grown players for instance.

11. Sanchez11's ghost

Sanchez11's ghost Well-Known Member

Hope we buy a winger is it too much to ask??

thierrytheking14 likes this.
  12. TornadoTed

TornadoTed Well-Known Member

I thought that was the case. 8 home grown players are only required if you want 25 senior players.

The whole rule is a farse.

HairSprayGooners and Swallow like this.
  13. yousif_arsenal

I read Sevilla only value Banega 12M euros. If true than it won't be bad addition

Ricardinho likes this.
  14. yousif_arsenal

If our budget allow it then we should try to get winger our squad lack pacy and skillful winger

thierrytheking14 likes this.
  15. Sanchez11's ghost

Sanchez11's ghost Well-Known Member

I hope so mate

16. berric

berric Well-Known Member

10m pounds for Banega would be a great business.

17. HairSprayGooners

Our teams going to look so so so different next season and even more different the season after. Its very exciting, making incredibly astute buys, adding to a wealth of attacking talent.

Mark Tobias likes this.
  18. tap-in

tap-in :-)

I guess Mhki can also play that role if required. Having said that if a player like Golovin is available for 25m we should be all over it.

19. yousif_arsenal

Yes but Golovin won't start ahead of Xhaka Torreira and Ramsey we'll need to get someone who won't cost so much decent player and accept to be squad player.

HairSprayGooners likes this.
  20. HairSprayGooners

Was thinking this. Banega has good experience and would be great backup for that midfield three something we're really lacking. Cannot go wrong for £10M.

Golovin would have to be a starter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.