• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sven's Transfer Targets: Summer 2018

If we were to spend big money on one player, what position would you prefer that to be for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynamic

We're being linked with too many underwhelming names. And Emery has a restricted budget? Just more of the same for us it seems.
The starting-XI is pretty much sorted. We purchased 5 starters this year (Auba, Mikhi, Sokratis, Torreira and Leno), strengthening positions that have been neglected for a decade.
Currently, the recruitment staff focuses on signing a cheap back-up for midfield/wings. What names do you expect us to be linked to? Will Thiago Alcantra be pleased to sign for us as a back up?
Give Sven and the staff some credit, obviously the recruitment job is being done way more efficiently now than it has been before.

Song Billong

The starting-XI is pretty much sorted. We purchased 5 starters this year (Auba, Mikhi, Sokratis, Torreira and Leno), strengthening positions that have been neglected for a decade.
Currently, the recruitment staff focuses on signing a cheap back-up for midfield/wings. What names do you expect us to be linked to? Will Thiago Alcantra be pleased to sign for us as a back up?
Give Sven and the staff some credit, obviously the recruitment job is being done way more efficiently now than it has been before.

Fair point. I recognise the biggest improvement will come from our tactical changes and set-up. That's what I'm looking forward to seeing the most.

LeafsBro

Thiago would more than likely start for us and be a fantastic signing.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Odd how people are against Fellaini now.

I got it before Torreira but he is in the bag now.

Any additional CMs are very welcome for me. Fellaini makes sense with the group.

Stannis

Odd how people are against Fellaini now.

I got it before Torreira but he is in the bag now.

Any additional CMs are very welcome for me. Fellaini makes sense with the group.

he is rejecting a 120 k at United

so if we get him he would want more

thats the issue

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
he is rejecting a 120 k at United

so if we get him he would want more

thats the issue
I had read 80k & a one year deal was offered by United... Even 120k thats still a poor offer for a 30 year old of his calibre who is out of contract.

I dont really get why the majority so pro Sokratis & Lichtsteiner but anti Fellaini. I would back Fellaini to have atleast an equal impact.

Stannis

I had read 80k & a one year deal was offered by United... Even 120k thats still a poor offer for a 30 year old of his calibre who is out of contract.

I dont really get why the majority so pro Sokratis & Lichtsteiner but anti Fellaini. I would back Fellaini to have atleast an equal impact.

Because what is he a back up to?

He hasn’t been a DM in years and is prone to stupidity. It’s not like he bangs in goals frequently either. That game against us was the first time he scored as sub when United were chasing the game.

We would essentially be wasting money on a crap version of giroud, that what fellani is these days

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Because what is he a back up to?

He hasn’t been a DM in years and is prone to stupidity. It’s not like he bangs in goals frequently either. That game against us was the first time he scored as sub when United were chasing the game.

We would essentially be wasting money on a crap version of giroud, that what fellani is these days

Exactly. If we sign him he’d be bottom of the list in terms of midfield depth and the only purpose he’d serve is to bring him on as a “physical presence”. At least with someone like Banega he can play in several positions and is actually better than most of the players we have in those positions.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Better stats than Matic as a DM in his last full season with United bro's j'sayin.

You lambast him all you want but he's a stunning player and would add grit.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Just competing as a CM. If the managers stays to type we will be starting three.

Our group now is Torreira, Xhaka, Ramsey, Elneny & AMN.

Personally just dont see a downside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom