• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sven's Transfer Targets: Summer 2018

If we were to spend big money on one player, what position would you prefer that to be for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yup + El Neny and Welbeck

Maybe loan Holding to? If there is any u21 CB that can step up

Sign young LB, DM, LM and striker

Striker?! We've just signed a young DM?

Don't see any point in selling Elneny, very useful squad player. Signing a young striker is stupid if we want Nketiah to go far.

Jack_The_Lad

Who will count towards our HG quota this year? Is AMN going to count towards this? Also: does Martinez qualify as HG?

So far I've got:

Ramsey, Welbeck, Jenkinson, Macey, Chambers, Bellerin, Holding, Akpom and Iwobi.

Asking this here, because some people are proposing for us to shift on about half of those players, which clearly isn't possible.

benjamin86

Established Member

Don't see any point in selling Elneny, very useful squad player. Signing a young striker is stupid if we want Nketiah to go far.
Nketiah needs a loan to actually play some senior football. I can't see him getting more than a couple of starts in cups and last 10 mins Uefa.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

We've signed two midfielders who can slot in at DM. Matteo is young but training with first team.

Could do with a winger though...

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Who will count towards our HG quota this year? Is AMN going to count towards this? Also: does Martinez qualify as HG?

So far I've got:

Ramsey, Welbeck, Jenkinson, Macey, Chambers, Bellerin, Holding, Akpom and Iwobi.

Asking this here, because some people are proposing for us to shift on about half of those players, which clearly isn't possible.

Wouldn't matter if we sold all our HG players we'd just have a squad of 17 players not including the u21's like AMN.

18 current NHG -

Leno, Cech, Ospina, Lichsteiner, Sokratis, Mustafi, Koscielny, Kolasinac, Monreal, Elneny, Xhaka, Torreira, Özil, Mkhitaryan, Aubameyang, Perez, Joel Campbell, Lacazette.

Need to get rid of one before the season starts or two if we want to sign another.

10 current HG's -

Martinez, Macey, Holding, Chambers, Bellerin, Ramsey, Welbeck, Jenkinson, Akpom, Iwobi.

Can have a maximum of 8, I only expect 5 or 6 to stay but we always beef it up so we have a 25 man squad using Macey and such.

Last edited:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Nketiah needs a loan to actually play some senior football. I can't see him getting more than a couple of starts in cups and last 10 mins Uefa.
An injury to Danny and/or Laca & PEA changes things though... tricky one that because barring what I just stated, I agree.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I don't follow. You need 8 don't you?

Don't need 8. You could have 3 if you wanted to, City only had 3 or 4 last season. All it means is you have a squad of 20 registered (if you had 3 homegrowns) compared to a squad of 25 if you were to have the maximum of 8 home grown players.

So we could sell 5 of our 10 homegrown players, be left with 5 and carry a main registered squad of 22 into the new season.

Then you have Mavropanos, AMN, Afro etc who don't have to be registered which is why its nice to have talented u21's in the main team.

benjamin86

Established Member
An injury to Danny and/or Laca & PEA changes things though... tricky one that because barring what I just stated, I agree.
We've also still got Akpom, Perez and Campbell on the books who i imagine we're going to sell if possible. (Akpom might be worth keeping as 4/5th choice if it means Nketiah can go on loan)

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We've also still got Akpom, Perez and Campbell on the books who i imagine we're going to sell if possible. (Akpom might be worth keeping as 4/5th choice if it means Nketiah can go on loan)

Ramsey, Welbeck, Bellerin, Holding, Chambers, Iwobi and a keeper will take up 7 HG spaces so you could actually have Akpom in and it not make a difference overall. Not a bad shout.

Reactions: Jae

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
That’s £72m spent on Leno, Sokratis, Torreira, Guendouzi and Lichsteiner.

Considering there were all those rumours that £60m was going to be our budget, Sven’s done incredibly well to bring in 5 promising players for £72m.

Guessing there was a lot of work done behind the scenes here, not least to wring a bit extra from Kroenke, but we’re probably done. Expect the odd sale to finish off.

benjamin86

Established Member
Ramsey, Welbeck, Bellerin, Holding, Chambers, Iwobi and a keeper will take up 7 HG spaces so you could actually have Akpom in and it not make a difference overall. Not a bad shout.
Keeping Akpom who is probably going for to be Afobes level at best means at least we've got someone available for emergency and don't stunt the growth of Nketiah and Mavididi who can go out on loan, otherwise sell Akpom and keep 1 of Nketiah or Mavididi as 4/5th choice striker.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Don't need 8. You could have 3 if you wanted to, City only had 3 or 4 last season. All it means is you have a squad of 20 registered (if you had 3 homegrowns) compared to a squad of 25 if you were to have the maximum of 8 home grown players.

So we could sell 5 of our 10 homegrown players, be left with 5 and carry a main registered squad of 22 into the new season.

Then you have Mavropanos, AMN, Afro etc who don't have to be registered which is why its nice to have talented u21's in the main team.

Doesnt the u21 players need to have been on the books for a year to be excluded from registration-requirements?

I mean i only know this from FM but still

It is not just HG right?

4 needs to be Club raised to

Hence why we should have brought Woj Back!

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Doesnt the u21 players need to have been on the books for a year to be excluded from registration-requirements?

It is not just HG right?

Hence why we should have brought Woj Back!

Think its a little different on FM. Premier league clubs can supplement their squads with as many u21 players as they like according to the rulebook.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐

It is not just HG right?

There are slight differences between the Premier Leagues 'Home Grown Player' & UEFAs 'Club Trained Player'. So the same squad may not fit the requirements for both.

PL
  • A “Home Grown Player” is defined as a player who, irrespective of their nationality or age, has been registered with any association football club affiliated to the FA or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or non-continuous, of three seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which they turn 21) (A.1.81).
  • At the outset of the season, each club is allowed to register 25 players over the age of 21. Of those 25 players, 8 must qualify as home grown players (A.1.156).

UEFA
  • A “club-trained player” is defined as a player who, between the age of 15 and 21, irrespective of their age or nationality, has been registered with their current club for a period, continuous or non-continuous, of three seasons or of 36 months between the ages of 15 and 21.
  • An “association trained” player fulfils the same criteria but with another club, or clubs, in the same association.
  • If a club has fewer than 8 locally trained players in its squad, then the maximum squad number of 25 players is reduced accordingly.
  • However, clubs competing in UEFA competitions have no obligation to put a specified number of home grown players on the field of play or in the match day squad, ensuring that they have a large degree of autonomy when it comes to deciding their team and match day squads.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Considering there were all those rumours that £60m was going to be our budget, Sven’s done incredibly well to bring in 5 promising players for £72m.

Guessing there was a lot of work done behind the scenes here, not least to wring a bit extra from Kroenke, but we’re probably done. Expect the odd sale to finish off.

Pretty sure even Ornstein followed the news that it was upped from 50m to 70m rather than 60m, but doesn't take away much from your statement anyways

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
The Premier League HG player rules are exactly why so many clubs list all their academy players on their official EPL roster. This way if they come good, they'll be HG in no time.

I wouldn't be surprised if AMN and Reine-Adelaide are already HG with Nelson, Nketiah, etc at the very least taking only another season to be HG.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
The Premier League HG player rules are exactly why so many clubs list all their academy players on their official EPL roster. This way if they come good, they'll be HG in no time.

I wouldn't be surprised if AMN and Reine-Adelaide are already HG with Nelson, Nketiah, etc at the very least taking only another season to be HG.

Yeah makes sense when you can supplement your squad with as many u21's as you like. Having AMN/Guendouzi/Nketiah/Mavropanos but not having to register them in the 25 man squad is unreal.

If we had bought Mbappe he wouldn't even have to be registered for the 25 man squad, imagine the scenes :lol:

Jae

Happy if thats our business done for the summer. Wouldn't be opposed to a cheeky deadline day deal if someone becomes available though.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

Or maybe the rumours about the supposed transfer budget were nonsense? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom