• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sven's Transfer Targets: Summer 2018

If we were to spend big money on one player, what position would you prefer that to be for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
CR/ to Juve gotta get things moving right?

some winger to scope up?

or a talent coming out of South America?

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
you can't replace CR7 with just a big name like Hazard, me thinks he costs more then he will provide

Neymar, don't think Real wants the drama

Griezmann, don't think he will make that move tbh

Mbappe, yeah maybe but he WILL cost what?

My guess is that they will sign a proven goalscorer, a big strong fast guy, Icardi or Lewandowski

and a speedy youngish tricky winger
Hazard has the dribbling skills, but he hogs the ball too long and his end product is inconsistent.

Griezmann just signed a new contract at Atleti and he's going nowhere, especially not their main rivals.

Mbappe will cost a ton of cash and he won't offer you 30-40 goals per season, so he's a long term investment that would pay off or not.

Lewandowski is past it in my opinion, but he'll do a decent job there.

A friend of mine who's a Real supporter wants Eriksen and Kane.
While the first one is realistic, Kane just signed a new contract and for at least a year isn't going anywhere.

It will be interesting to see who they can get and how much they'll have to overpay for them.
In today's market you're paying 100 mil for good players instead of great ones, Ronaldo being the exception to the rule.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
A cool £175 million for Kane would go a long way to paying off their stadium debt.
I doubt Levy will let him go for so little. He'll ask for add-ons if he scores x no. of goals, if he scores in x no. of games in a row, if he scores the winner in a CL knockout game and so on until the amount reaches astronomical figures.
But yeah, they can possibly pay their stadium by selling him.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
I doubt Levy will let him go for so little. He'll ask for add-ons if he scores x no. of goals, if he scores in x no. of games in a row, if he scores the winner in a CL knockout game and so on until the amount reaches astronomical figures.
Ah, yes. £175M, what a lowball offer that would be.. also, if 175 - which would be the second highest fee all-time - isn't astronomical, what the **** is then.

The amounts of money thrown around for footballers makes me sick.

Divided_Pie

on how many more players he would like to sign…
Normally, in my career the big clubs don’t close the [door] or the moment to sign a new player. Today, we are OK. Maybe we can bring in one if there’s a very good possibility for them to help us, but the club has done a great job of signing new players and I am happy.

So essentially if the opportunistic buy pops up we'll go for it.

The good thing about this window is that even though Arsenal haven't made any huge signings, they have adequately filled up all the major holes. That means there won't need to be any desperation moves made in the last days of the window (Mustafi, Perez, Lemar, etc) that result in less-than ideal players/fees.

This gives them leverage in any further deals they might make. They can watch the dominoes fall and jump in if the opportunity arises. If nothing materializes they are are at least in solid shape for the start of the season and won't have to over-spend.

There are still players that could be sold IMO (Ramsey, Xhaka, Mustafi, Welbeck, Perez, Chambers, etc.). Even players like Bellerin and Lacazette could go for the right price assuming replacements can be lined up. With nearly a month left to go in the window the team has time to identify possible moves, work out the fine details, and negotiate fees from a position of strength.

Personally I suspect more changes at CM - there's a lot of smoke at CM (N'Zonzi, Kovacic, and now Rabiot). If Emery wants to replicate the midfield he had at PSG with Motta/Veratti/Rabiot then N'Zonzi/Torreira/Rabiot is a pretty close facsimile. The fact that Ramsey remains unsigned adds some intrigue here.

A top young CB, Winger, or LB would be nice as well if the opportunity should arise. The good news is Arsenal are now in a great position to be opportunistic.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

Paying off a good chunk of the stadium debt would be their best move anyway. Otherwise they'd probably just squander most of it like they did the Bale money.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
A cool £175 million for Kane would go a long way to paying off their stadium debt.
Kane will leave eventually, he's just 24 now. His value isn't going to decrease much. Levy will look at selling him when he's 27 or something. From his viewpoint it'll be like getting 3 years out of an elite striker for minimal expenses.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
For some reason I think Kane is not galactico enough for Real.

I Dunno why I have a hunch that Man City will just heap money on him.
They only have one striker in Aguero
Sane, Jesus, Sterling, Mahrez are more Wingers/attacking mids

Aguero to Real?

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
For the money shaqiri is somebody I wouldn't mind

Only 16m€ to Pool?

He already got two swizz big brothers in the team now! They will make him work hard

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Ah, yes. £175M, what a lowball offer that would be.. also, if 175 - which would be the second highest fee all-time - isn't astronomical, what the **** is then.

The amounts of money thrown around for footballers makes me sick.
If you haven't noticed we jump up an astronomical fee each window. Definitely not unrealistic to think it could happen.... In 2011 the record was like 80

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
With the links to Gomes and Rabiot it feels like Ramsey's contract stalling is making us keep backup options there just incase. Would take Rabiot over Ramsey but Gomes would be such a downgrade.

Midfield 3 of Xhaka, Torreira and Rabiot is pretty tasty.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
If you haven't noticed we jump up an astronomical fee each window. Definitely not unrealistic to think it could happen.... In 2011 the record was like 80
Never said it couldn't happen, I was just more saying, that 175 should be considered astronomical no matter what.

It's only going to get worse from now on. Even Football Manager isn't this ridiculous.
Yeah, it's horrendous.. It has to stop though, at some point surely. It has to go down.

benjamin86

Established Member
Never said it couldn't happen, I was just more saying, that 175 should be considered astronomical no matter what.

Yeah, it's horrendous.. It has to stop though, at some point surely. It has to go down.
It's down to the TV money, Sky and BT know that majority of their customers are there for sports (football being the biggest sport). We've got streaming services like Netflix and Amazon prime for everything else.

I think TV money will probably continue to go up for couple more years, with Amazon testing the waters and buying the boxing day football fixtures. If all goes well they might try and take it over from Sky and BT they've got the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom