• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sven's Transfer Targets: Summer 2018

If we were to spend big money on one player, what position would you prefer that to be for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
we'll find out more when the squad for Singapore is announced - anyone know when that will be?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I wouldn't be getting rid of Welbeck personally. He's developing into quite a useful defensive forward. We don't really have anyone else who can do that. Especially in a pressing system it's a useful tool to have in your squad. Doesn't mean he has to start, but over the course of a season it will have its uses.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I wouldn't be getting rid of Welbeck personally. He's developing into quite a useful defensive forward. We don't really have anyone else who can do that. Especially in a pressing system it's a useful tool to have in your squad. Doesn't mean he has to start, but over the course of a season it will have its uses.
If he goes he will have to be replaced.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

We're going to be dominating the ball in 85% of the games we play next season. I don't want Welbeck anywhere near our attack.

Welbz played 25 league games for us last season, cannot be having that.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
We're going to be dominating the ball in 85% of the games we play next season. I don't want Welbeck anywhere near our attack.

Welbz played 25 league games for us last season, cannot be having that.

Actually, Welbeck's defensive effort makes him a good fit for the pressing game Emery will be utilizing. He may very well move on as he enters the final year of his contract and maybe will look for more playing time, but he could be an enormously useful squad player if he stays. Not every player has to score 20 goals. He contributes in so many other ways.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If it comes down to Welbeck or Perez, who do we keep?

Pros and cons of selling each one -

Perez
Pros of selling Perez -

Free's up a foreign squad spot.
Lower work rate than Welbeck.

Cons of selling Perez -
Perez is way more technically gifted than Welbz.
Better finisher than Welbz.
Much lower fee if we sell/possibly very hard to shift.
Left footed forward which is something we lack up top.

Welbeck
Pros of selling Welbz -
Everything that's in the con's of selling Perez list.
Would command around 15/20M in the current market from a PL team, there would be quite a lot of interest and his wages aren't too high to get a move to a lower club.

Cons of selling Welbz
He's one of our homegrown players so selling him has absolutely no impact on the squad. In that sense we should keep him if he's happy with a bit part role even if we sign another winger.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Danny every time.

One a great squad player, elite club education & never complains. The other a cardio lacking moaner who pipes up before Christmas in his first season at a big club.

Theres levels to this **** & a random Squawka key pass stat changes nothing.

He had every reason to pipe up getting no game time despite performing incredibly well every time he played. He's superior in everything barring work rate.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Think it's fair to say our midfield links will die down once Ramsey has made a decision.

And we will buy another one player regardless before the window shuts. Very few clubs have made as many movements as we have. Now the WC is finished there will be wheeling and dealing and amongst that an opportunity will arise.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Actually, Welbeck's defensive effort makes him a good fit for the pressing game Emery will be utilizing. He may very well move on as he enters the final year of his contract and maybe will look for more playing time, but he could be an enormously useful squad player if he stays. Not every player has to score 20 goals. He contributes in so many other ways.

Aye, the assumption that all your forwards should be nimble 30 goal-a-season types is flawed. If we had 4 strikers in the mould of Lacazette for example we'd suffer for it. You need variety. We really lost something when Giroud left. You see what he does for France, he's not scoring goals but he's playing a role in that team. Welbeck isn't at Giroud's level, but he can do similar things: put himself about and help more skilful players around him.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
It is the 15% of the games that @dashsnow17 is worried about and I agree with his sentiment here. Those are the games where the league or even top 4 is won or lost. Sometimes we'll need a hard fought draw and Danny is the player you look to when you need that. Someone who can press effevtively and put serious pressure on defenders.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
But can't shoot to save his life. I don't get this argument. Why would you keep a poor player for those tough 15% of games, just because he works hard? If that's what you want, might as well move Kolasinac up two lines.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
But can't shoot to save his life. I don't get this argument. Why would you keep a poor player for those tough 15% of games, just because he works hard? If that's what you want, might as well move Kolasinac up two lines.

Kolasinac has a fantastic shot on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom