• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sven's Transfer Targets: Summer 2018

If we were to spend big money on one player, what position would you prefer that to be for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I know we aren't challenging for the league but aim higher brother, there's a reason why he's only being linked with West Ham and Leicester. He's another donkey.
I would have happily taken any of Ndidi, Pereira, Diop & Felipe of their business last year or so.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I know we aren't challenging for the league but aim higher brother, there's a reason why he's only being linked with West Ham and Leicester. He's another donkey.
You know who was only linked with Leicester a couple of years ago? Kante, the best DM on earth. Of course that's an outlier but it's not like these teams aren't capable of finding gems.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Apart from pool and city we are in the mix as it stands. Just need some players to step up.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
You know who was only linked with Leicester a couple of years ago? Kante, the best DM on earth. Of course that's an outlier but it's not like these teams aren't capable of finding gems.

At least 5 current/ex Leicester players all capable of gracing the much bigger clubs in the league.

By the way, what happened to their promising left back that burst onto the scene or year or so back? Could he be an option as long term replacement for Nacho?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Ben Chillwell or Kieran Tierney would be ideal but god knows how much they’d cost.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Lets say incomings are done, are we happy with the squad to challenge for the top 4?

Cech, Leno, Martinez*
Bellerin*, Lichsteiner
Sokratis, Chambers* (Mavropanos)
Mustafi, Holding*, Koscielny
Monreal, Kolasinac
Torreira, Xhaka (Maitland Niles)
Ramsey*, Elneny (Guendouzi)
Özil, Iwobi* (Nelson)
Mkhitaryan, Perez, Welbeck* (Smith-Rowe)
Lacazette, Aubameyang (Nketiah)

Joel Campbell and Ospina I've put down as definitely leaving but we have 1 foreign squad spot left so either could be added.

Its clearly a huge squad, space for one more signing? Absolutely, even more so if Perez leaves.

I still think we need some X factor up front, a player who can beat a man at will. All we have right now on that front is Nelson.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Lets say incomings are done, are we happy with the squad to challenge for the top 4?

Cech, Leno, Martinez*
Bellerin*, Lichsteiner
Monreal, Kolasinac
Özil, Iwobi* (Nelson)

Joel Campbell and Ospina I've put down as definitely leaving but we have 1 foreign squad spot left so either could be added.

Its clearly a huge squad, space for one more signing? Absolutely, even more so if Perez leaves.

I still think we need some X factor up front, a player who can beat a man at will. All we have right now on that front is Nelson.
Id love a winger mate but i think were going to wait until Jan.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
So loan signings can still be made until the end of august? Seems a bit silly if so. Teams will just do loans with obligation to buy.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Ben Chillwell or Kieran Tierney would be ideal but god knows how much they’d cost.

Knowing Leicester they'd ask for stupid money for Chilwell for sure. But then Tierney is on a very long contract and he's basically Lord Mayor of Glasgow by this point. So yeah, neither would be cheap as such. Tierney would be a dream though.

I keep hearing about this Junior Firpo at Betis. I haven't watched him, but he'd certainly be cheaper.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Cech, Leno, Martinez*
Bellerin*, Lichsteiner
Monreal, Kolasinac
Özil, Iwobi* (Nelson)

Malcom was the guy. At 35-40m he was attainable if we'd have gone in early enough. No point going on about it now, but that's who we should have got.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
We were linked with N'Soki defender from PSG.
He plays as Left Back against Monaco in the Supercup, two assists too.

Don't think they will sell him, but would be a interesting option after the Kolasinac injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom