• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sven's Transfer Targets: Summer 2018

If we were to spend big money on one player, what position would you prefer that to be for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Charles Watts (not the Rolling Stones drummer) speculates on what the Arsenal lineup could look like at the end of the transfer window.

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/news/mikel-arteta-latest-arsenal-news-14656464

I like the idea of Bellerin and Kolasinac as wingbacks, especially Kolasinac. Not sure about that back 3 though, not sure at all. Think we can do a bit better than Meyer too. I'm by no means expecting a Pep 200m oil money summer, but I still think we'll get at least one big marquee signing probably at centreback. I think - or hope - we'll get someone like Koulibaly, Manolas or Alderweireld instead of Sokratis.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

We'd want to get a few more goals out of Özil and Mkhitaryan for that setup to work.

Interesting how Watts is assuming that we'll completely abandon Xhaka tho I'm not sure if that'll end up being the case.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Just get me, Kieran Tierney, Fabihno, Manolas and a decent keeper.

Get rid of, Mustafi, Kosh and possibly Xhaka.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Just get me, Kieran Tierney, Fabihno, Manolas and a decent keeper.

Get rid of, Mustafi, Kosh and possibly Xhaka.
Manolas Fabinho won't join because lack of CL football. We'll sign mostly young players this summer

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Would people be happy if the current strongest linked players to us were our signings?

Leno
Sokratis
Soyuncu
Seri

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
So we've been linked to Bernd Leno, Sokratis, Caglar Soyuncu, Jean Seri & Cengiz Under....hm, not exactly shopping in Harrods but that's to be expected. As long as new faces are brought into the squad I'll put my faith in the new recruitment team.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
- Leno, Cech, Macey

- Bellerin, Sokratis, Kos, Mustafi, Soyuncu, Chambers, Holding, Mavropanos, Monreal, Kolasinac

- Ramsey, Xhaka, Seri, Wilshere, Elneny, AMN, Willock

- Auba, Laca, Özil, Mkhi, Under, Iwobi, Welbeck, Nelson, Nketiah

Needs trimming in some areas, could also do with another right-back. But how's that for a squad based on current rumours?

Last edited:

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
But how's that for a squad based on current rumours?

4C098E7900000578-0-image-a-53_1526399053822.jpg

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Would people be happy if the current strongest linked players to us were our signings?

Leno
Sokratis
Soyuncu
Seri

That would be truly mediocre.

Soyuncu aside all others will not resolve the problems we currently have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom