• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Takayuki Morimoto

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
So apparently we were linked to Morimoto last month. Didn't see the rumours until now, but it doesn't make much difference I guess. They're out there so we may as well have a thread.

Goal: Arsenal Eye Catania Striker Takayuki Morimoto

... and News of the World.

Not the first time we've been linked to this guy so there might actually be some genuine interest from our side. Personally I think he's hugely talented. He'll explode within the next two seasons or so and start to really deliver on that potential. And the potential merchandise market in Japan would be a nice bonus.

outlaw_member

Established Member
I'd love it if we managed to acquire him. He has the ideal skillset for the wide positions and it would be typical Wenger to sign someone like him, ahead of the more renowned Hazard.

ricky1985

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
I'd love it if we managed to acquire him. He has the ideal skillset for the wide positions and it would be typical Wenger to sign someone like him, ahead of the more renowned Hazard.
I've never seen him play, couldn't fill me in could you?

outlaw_member

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
outlaw_member said:

He is very quick and has the sort of build that should allow him to develop power without compromising any speed. He is aggressive in his running and likes to put defenders on the back foot, whilst also possessing good goalscoring instincts. He is an out-an-out attacker who could play anywhere across the front line. Still young and raw but he has the required skillset for the flanks.

Floating

Established Member
His build and skillset has been compared to the original Ronaldo, and Alexandre Pato called him the best young talent in the Serie A!

ricky1985

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
ricky1985 said:
outlaw_member said:

He is very quick and has the sort of build that should allow him to develop power without compromising any speed. He is aggressive in his running and likes to put defenders on the back foot, whilst also possessing good goalscoring instincts. He is an out-an-out attacker who could play anywhere across the front line. Still young and raw but he has the required skillset for the flanks.
Thanks, mate. I'll have to try and get a look at him.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I have heard rave reviews about him, but never seen him play before. I am pretty sure he isnt a regular for Japan too, because I havent seen him in Asian qualifiers yet.

Sounds interesting by the looks of it

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
not that interesting at all... he's average at best.. 5 goals in 27 games.. thanks but no thanks

have seen him a bit, and he's decent, but nowhere near what we need

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Well, we're (presumably) not after him because he's a brilliant starter in the present but because he might develop into a top player. I think he's very interesting. He's playing for Catania too which is worth considering when you talk about his goal record. He's highly rated at Sicily even though he doesn't score a lot of goals.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Klaus Daimler said:
Well, we're (presumably) not after him because he's a brilliant starter in the present but because he might develop into a top player. I think he's very interesting. He's playing for Catania too which is worth considering when you talk about his goal record. He's highly rated at Sicily even though he doesn't score a lot of goals.
sorry, but we have enough of those..

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Have we really, though? In that position? We might have enough bodies in there right now but we don't have too many young first teamers that are good forward options in a 4-3-3 in the longer term. Only Wilshere, Walcott and Vela, and it's far from certain that any of them will make the final cut. Well, except for Jack. He'll obviously make it here. But the other two are still huge question marks.

I'd definitely prefer Hazard but I'd take someone like Morimoto if he was available.

P_Gunner

Dammit can we please bring in a player thats ready to make a big impact now? Just for once when we are so close to a championship winning squad I'd like for us to bring in a ready made player that can make an immediate impact.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
agreeing with P Gunner here.. we need impact players, Morimoto (Iron Chef anyone?) is not that..

and yes, Klaus, I do think we have enough "prospect" players.. and yes, in forward positions (the names you already mentioned are offensive players) and Morimoto would be yet another possible future top player in a forward position..

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom