• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Takehiro Tomiyasu: Takehiro Today, Injured Tomorrow

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Looking very very average on the ball. Not sure if it’s due to his mindset or if he doesn’t have the ability.

Give it 6-12 months and it will be a big criticism of his game.

Plays like a cb in that position, not good enough going forward at all from what I've seen and you'd hope for much more than that from a fullback.. I'm holding back for now, but I don't see how this is the solution to the rb position if this is what we can expect.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He's a good defensive RB, but the issue is none of our fullbacks are great at attacking...but the real issue is Arteta focuses on attacking from the fullback areas despite not having the players for it (Tierney should be our defensive FB, and we should have bought a better player on the ball for RB)

How did Arteta even pass his coaching course anyway...some sort of "collect 5 stickers in 5 different cereal boxes" type of deal?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Plays like a cb in that position, not good enough going forward at all from what I've seen and you'd hope for much more than that from a fullback.. I'm holding back for now, but I don't see how this is the solution to the rb position if this is what we can expect.
Think he’s been bought as a RB who plays CB when we are in possession. Very specific signing, could easily become someone we need to sell if a new manager comes in and wants a traditional RB.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Looking very very average on the ball. Not sure if it’s due to his mindset or if he doesn’t have the ability.

Give it 6-12 months and it will be a big criticism of his game.
He miss hit a lot of basic passes today. Did the defensive stuff ok, but yeah, hopefully just a bad day at the office

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Defensively quite good again offensively nothing much I'm not surprised he looked really tired at 2nd half 180 minutes for Japan and long travels in between and played important games in asian qualifiers.

But i admire his workrate he kept going

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He miss hit a lot of basic passes today. Did the defensive stuff ok, but yeah, hopefully just a bad day at the office

He's following in Sensei Arteta's footsteps, tbh...win player/manager of the month, then immediately **** the bed the next month.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Think he’s been bought as a RB who plays CB when we are in possession. Very specific signing, could easily become someone we need to sell if a new manager comes in and wants a traditional RB.

I think he might have potential as a cb, hard to say much about him until I've seen more of him, but yeah the role he's meant to play seems very specific so could end up being surplus.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Limited offensively, Arteta needs to use our offensive players to take up the slack, but he can't, so here we are.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Won't be long before his honeymoon with the fans is over.

This guy isn't explosive or nimble enough. Should replace ****e at centre back.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
His strengths and skill set is suitable as a centre back rather than at right back (at this level anyway).

Playing in Italy may have masked his lack of quality on the ball. He is however a strong, astute defender and has the traits to become a quality centre half. Can pass wel off both feet with time and I’ve not seen him lose a duel aerially .

Legend14

Established Member
He is our best defender currently. He is doing what we need him to do. I am surprised this thread is asking him to shoulder the offensive burden. We have attacking players, correct?

Focus on the person responsible for the dismal attacking strategy the last two years.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom