• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Takehiro Tomiyasu: Takehiro Today, Injured Tomorrow

mirrorstares

Didn't struggle against Sancho true, but neither have most fullbacks in this league

And Sancho ended up having the better of him when with the same simple pase he could end up finding Fred on the box twice, creating game winning situations for them

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Didn't struggle against Sancho true, but neither have most fullbacks in this league

And Sancho ended up having the better of him when with the same simple pase he could end up finding Fred on the box twice, creating game winning situations for them
But that's doesn't count a mistake do we want him to mark Fred as well it was the midfield job and they f**ked up.

mirrorstares

We want him to learn Sancho was pulling the same move on him multiple times.

Not getting dribbled past is just part of the task.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Thought he was very good last night, great mix of pace and strength.

Don't mind Ben, but starting to think similarly to Troopz...probably would have been best to save the £50 million, play Tomi at CB with Gabriel (both are decent with the ball anyway) and develop Nuno as our attacking left back and develop Tierney as our defensive inverted RB.

Could have used Saliba in this set up too.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster

Don't mind Ben, but starting to think similarly to Troopz...probably would have been best to save the £50 million, play Tomi at CB with Gabriel (both are decent with the ball anyway) and develop Nuno as our attacking left back and develop Tierney as our defensive inverted RB.

Sorry, what? Tierney's a right-back now, when did that happen?

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
May be don’t give him too much space to make the pass?
That's not on Tomiyasu. He had to check on Telles as well. The issue is the space that El Neny and Partey gave to Fred. Bad covering from them, never on Tomi. Check it again please.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Tavares has played RB at times for Benfica. It'd make more sense to use him as the RB and Tierney as the LB, not the other way around.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Sorry, what? Tierney's a right-back now, when did that happen?

Going "Galaxy Brain" Riou here, in honour of my great leader Mikel...In the name of the father, the hair gel and the Holy Process

Think Tierney could be very good there, think he's good enough defensively to pull it off...like Azpilicueta does/did for Chelsea.

Also did Tierney not play RB for Scotland, for a bit?

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
That's not on Tomiyasu. He had to check on Telles as well. The issue is the space that El Neny and Partey gave to Fred. Bad covering from them, never on Tomi. Check it again please.
Why can’t Martinelli be the one on Telles? Let’s be real here, it wasn’t just the third goal, the first goal also came from the same way. Rather blaming on only midfield, others should also take responsibility. After all, football is a team game.

Xln

Why can’t Martinelli be the one on Telles? Let’s be real here, it wasn’t just the third goal, the first goal also came from the same way.
If he passes it to Telles, Partey takes on Sancho and Tomi pushes Telles.
El Neny is standing in front of Gabriel and White without ANY UTD player near him. Tell me, what is he doing in that space? Preparing humus?
Ronaldo and Fernandes are already covered by 3 of our defenders. The space Fred runs into should be dealt with by El Neny all times. If you've played football you know this is basic stuff c'mon.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Tavares has played RB at times for Benfica. It'd make more sense to use him as the RB and Tierney as the LB, not the other way around.
Tavares is supposed to be fairly two footed so he could work there I guess as well

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
Tomi looks like he could be our new Sagna as he is seems to be very reliable in what he does.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
If he passes it to Telles, Partey takes on Sancho and Tomi pushes Telles.
El Neny is standing in front of Gabriel and White without ANY UTD player near him. Tell me, what is he doing in that space? Preparing humus?
Ronaldo and Fernandes are already covered by 3 of our defenders. The space Fred runs into should be dealt with by El Neny all times. If you've played football you know this is basic stuff c'mon.
So why can’t Martinelli be the one on Telles again? So Martinelli is just there to be ball watching?

I don’t care about El Neny, that’s another discussion. My point wasn’t blaming on tomi alone for the two goals but actually that tomi could done better by not giving so much space on Sancho to pass the ball.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Going "Galaxy Brain" Riou here, in honour of my great leader Mikel...In the name of the father, the hair gel and the Holy Process

Think Tierney could be very good there, think he's good enough defensively to pull it off...like Azpilicueta does/did for Chelsea.

Also did Tierney not play RB for Scotland, for a bit?
Riou at the wheel..

Xln

So why can’t Martinelli be the one on Telles again? So Martinelli is just there to be ball watching?

I don’t care about El Neny, that’s another discussion. My point wasn’t blaming on tomi alone for the two goals but actually that tomi could done better by not giving so much space on Sancho to pass the ball.
Look at the moment. Partey and Tomi already covering Sancho with Telles overlapping. In this situation what a defender does, Tomi here, prepares for a pass to Telles and run him outwards. Partey covers Sancho in case he goes inside.
It's not on Martinelli, he could have helped for sure but it's not on Martinelli.

Overall it's weak defending but main problem is El Neny like usual not seeing spaces and the ability to cover them. Clown of a player.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Look at the moment. Partey and Tomi already covering Sancho with Telles overlapping. In this situation what a defender does, Tomi here, prepares for a pass to Telles and run him outwards. Partey covers Sancho in case he goes inside.
It's not on Martinelli, he could have helped for sure but it's not on Martinelli.

Overall it's weak defending but main problem is El Neny like usual not seeing spaces and the ability to cover them. Clown of a player.

I think you should be the one who look at the moment and try to understand what’s going in that moment. Why should Tomi prepared for a pass to Telles when Telles didn’t make any movement but just stay static. The pass would have been backward which shouldn’t be a threat and it would be Martinelli‘s job to go to Telles if the pass is made to Telles.

0BAAE647-660B-4EB8-BF76-ED31FE5A3479.jpeg

Xln

I think you should be the one who look at the moment and try to understand what’s going in that moment. Why should Tomi prepared for a pass to Telles when Telles didn’t make any movement but just stay static. The pass would have been backward which shouldn’t be a threat and it would be Martinelli‘s job to go to Telles if the pass is made to Telles.

View attachment 5066
Oh ok, my bad. Thought we were talking the first goal. Indeed he should be much closer here and try to shut the passing lane. Not a major issue but still could've done better.

This pisses me off even more cause all our goals/pen we concede is our midfield sleeping pretty much.

Top Bottom