• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Takehiro Tomiyasu: Takehiro Today, Injured Tomorrow

DizzyOne

Look at this S**** fan saying "us" and "we".
WTF you on about? Purely stating some facts rather than being blind to the position WE are in. Just because some of our fan base want to live with their heads in the sand, I don’t. I am praying Sp**s made a mistake and let us have him because they wanted Emerson. Emerson on paper looks like he has way more potential, but things don’t always work out like that.

leo9903

Absolute panic buy of the highest order, getting a midtable serie a defender reeks of desperation and in all honesty this deal shouldn't have been sanctioned and it's worrying that KSE are still backing Edu and Arteta like this.

We can only hope this guy becomes a decent squad option
Per wasn't too bad for a panic buy too so not judging him based on this. Then again, we had a competent manager during that time.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

The RB market this window apart from Hakimi wasn't inspiring there were not exciting option to get you a instant upgrade.

i think our first target was Tyler Adams from Leipzig but they clearly didn't want to sell he was even more perfect than Tomi more athlete and better going forward suit the nerdy inverted RB Arteta wanted our next target was Emerson but clearly we didn't want to over spend for him he just above average and for 25-30M euros i'm glad we didn't take it.
Mazraoui. Watch him in the CL this season.

ragnarock

I don't like the sound of that. It means our RW will get no support again and 90% of our attacks will be from Tierney on the left.

It will be good to finally have a RB who can defend though. Our right side has been a weak link for years.

That means our RW will have to stay wide. Probably to link with M8 in right pocket. This also means white will play centrally in build-up which could limit him (depending on how we build).
What would be an interesting rotation would be to push/play white into space behind the strikers with Ramsdale acting as the central fulcrum. Could potentially kill teams defending with one striker and push Xhaka/Thomas into inside channels and thus not surrendering numerical advantage centrally.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Nah bro, I’m usually quite negative about our signings in recent years but I think he’ll be a success. I think he’s more talented than Holding/Ben White imo and he’ll surprise a few.

Apparently he’s developed a lot at Bologna but I haven’t really watched him there. Saw him play for the Japan national team during the Olympics. He looked really solid and composed especially against France and was probably one of their standout performers in that game if any of you lot want to check that up. The most interesting thing I took from that was that he was able to comfortably slot in as a LCB and didn’t look out of place which was really impressive.

E-HJeCbXoAA-S_K

E-HJd3aWEAsyVhN
Bro that’s all well and good but this team breaks players. Actually breaks them.

Hard to be optimistic about signing under Arteta. A few weeks ago I said that even if we signed Haaland/Mbappe I’d be sat here stressing about how we’d create chances for them.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
On the face of it he seems to be ideally suited to a RCB in a three, either starting there or moving there once Tierney pushes up.
White appears to be more suited to a three as well, so maybe that's what he wants to do:

Tomiyasu (Chambers) White (Holding) Gabriel (Mari)

If he is going to stay back on the right side, whether in a three or a four, it would work better with a right footer ahead of him (AMN?) making the pitch wide rather than Pepe or Saka cutting in and narrowing it.
They would have benefited much more from an attacking, overlapping right back like Celik or Mazraoui.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Obviously wish the guy the best but I have no idea what the logic in this is. We have a hybrid RB/CB in Chambers. We needed an first 11 proper right back.

Also expecting a guy coming from a mid table Italian team to come in an improve a team apparently striving to come in the top 6 on the Premier league is a massive ask.

To me this reeks of another "process" player Arteta and Edu can hide behind when things aren't going well.

TheIceman85

If he is going to stay back on the right side, whether in a three or a four, it would work better with a right footer ahead of him (AMN?) making the pitch wide rather than Pepe or Saka cutting in and narrowing it.
They would have benefited much more from an attacking, overlapping right back like Celik or Mazraoui.
City do something similar.

Mahrez plays RW and stays very wide in the build-up, whilst Walker or Cancelo as RB tucks inside. Then when Mahrez receives the ball wide and cuts inside to his left foot, Walker makes a move outside of him.

Could imagine something similar working with Saka or Pepe as RW and Tomiyasu or Maitland-Niles at RB.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Mazraoui and Celik don't have particularly great attacking numbers either though do they? I'm luke warm about this one, but think Tomi is at least on the level of those two in terms of talent. In Mazraoui's case in particular he is coming from the Dutch league which is a bigger step up (ok he also has some European experience).

We probably lost out to Sp**s on Emerson but as others have said there are no guarantees with any transfer. Emerson seems a bit more balanced than Tomiyasu but Tomi is an interesting prospect so I'm looking forward to seeing him play. It's rare you get a decent 6ft 2 player with pace, acceleration and two footedness. Could be our Ivanovich if it works out.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Mazraoui and Celik don't have particularly great attacking numbers either though do they? I'm luke warm about this one, but think Tomi is at least on the level of those two in terms of talent. In Mazraoui's case in particular he is coming from the Dutch league which is a bigger step up (ok he also has some European experience).

We probably lost out to Sp**s on Emerson but as others have said there are no guarantees with any transfer. Emerson seems a bit more balanced than Tomiyasu but Tomi is an interesting prospect so I'm looking forward to seeing him play. It's rare you get a decent 6ft 2 player with pace, acceleration and two footedness. Could be our Ivanovich if it works out.
He is tall, technical, fast, very two footed with great long passes with either and can play multiple positions. I watched a compilation where he pinged long passes from left position with the left foot like 5 times. In many ways reminds of White.

Hard to see this transfer fail much with the 19 million euros transfer fee. Seems like a fighter which Japanese usually are. It's interesting to have a couple CB-RB's, who can cover either position. Makes it possible to have less either position players in the squad, and of course gives us a tall RB for corners etc.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

This guy might turn out to be decent but you absolutely cannot deny it was a panic buy. Basically our RB options are **** and our CB options aren't much better, conceded 9 goals in 3 games and got done this as a result

Last edited:

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

This guy might turn out to be decent but you absolutely cannot deny it was a panic buy. Basically our RB options are **** and our CB options aren't much better, conceded 9 goals in 3 games and got done this as a result
How is it a panic buy if they have tried to get rid of Bellerin for a long time, and when they get him loaned, they buy their target?

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
This guy might turn out to be decent but you absolutely cannot deny it was a panic buy. Basically our RB options are **** and our CB options aren't much better, conceded 9 goals in 3 games and gave done this as a result
Don't know if it was a panic buy, seemed pretty obvious that we needed a RB all summer, just couldn't ship out our current lot I reckon.

Top Bottom