• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Takehiro Tomiyasu: Takehiro Today, Injured Tomorrow

Alkesh

Mildly excited for this one. I'll be curious to see how he plays. There was some discussion on Twitter about his perceived lack when it comes to attacking play, and how none of Bologna's RBs have strong attacking stats. Makes you wonder whether that is a tactical direction from Bologna, rather than a lack of ability from Tomiyasu. A few stats make me think he might have attacking potential; decent dribbles completed (esp in his first year), strong progressive passing stats, good long ball percentage, great pace and two-footed, etc. If he is as strong defensively as I hope and grows his offensive game, he could be a force.

Also intrigued by the option of him as more of an RCB in a 3-4-3 (or similar), depending on who comes in moving forward. He's got a lot of room to grow, which is great for someone who is already starting-caliber. Of course, the big question is whether this team (and manager) is able to help him develop as we hope.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Please be a great player. Please don't end up having your contract terminated in a couple of seasons after years of just videos watching you wear kimonos, use flight simulators and watch African tribal demonstrations.

Be a good ****ing player.

tcahill

Great signing. Even if he flops, we can sell him elsewhere for not a huge loss. That's the benefit of buying young talents, rather than older fellas. I doubt he's on big wages either.

I admit I barely know anything about this guy, but Serie A fans seem to rate him, and that his best position is RB rather than CB.

dbig

Welcome!

Hope he does well. Otherwise, can be in rotation with the other 4 right backs we have.

Kav

Established Member
Welcome to the club Takehiro. Show us what you can do and do your best. That’s all we ask for.

I hope that he’s better than the last three players we had at RB (Bellerin, Chambers, Cedric) it would be very good for the team to have a good Rb. Link well with ESR, Pepe, Saka and we will be happy.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Someone on sky sports said he was offered to most PL clubs and they didn’t take him?

Sounds like the kind of move we’d make.

Nah bro, I’m usually quite negative about our signings in recent years but I think he’ll be a success. I think he’s more talented than Holding/Ben White imo and he’ll surprise a few.

Apparently he’s developed a lot at Bologna but I haven’t really watched him there. Saw him play for the Japan national team during the Olympics. He looked really solid and composed especially against France and was probably one of their standout performers in that game if any of you lot want to check that up. The most interesting thing I took from that was that he was able to comfortably slot in as a LCB and didn’t look out of place which was really impressive.

E-HJeCbXoAA-S_K

E-HJd3aWEAsyVhN

balthazar

Apparently Emerson chose Spuds above us, while Tomiyasu chose us over Spuds. So who got the better Right Back? Us, Spuds (or Real Betis??)

Last edited:

Ciscoo

Such an interesting player. Strong and technical. Seems the type who could really balance out White and Tierney.

Looking forward to seeing how he does. I want him to make us forget the nightmare that is Cedric.

Badger_Revenge

This guy could turn out to be real steal. We needed someone else in the back.

Also I'm guessing Mari will be heading out over the next year. Saliba will take his place next year.

Wryer

Again, another signing that addresses an apparent weakness - but not sure about the cost + quality.

And again, I think it's reflective of our club's form / stature / appeal to the top tier players. We are no longer attractive to this type of players and we have to make do with shrewd signings. We are fortunate that the club still at least has access to some money (bless you Arsène) to try fix the squad by overpaying transfer fees.

Can only hope and pray this works out. Tomiyasu is not an Asian signing like those of Asano, Miyaichi, Inamoto. He's here to fix a genuine problem in the immediate horizon - our stale and incompetent RB/RWB situation offensively and defensively - like Ben White (fix distribution from the back), Tavares (back up for KT), Lokonga (tempo in midfield), Ode (creativity), Ramsdale (Leno declining form).

I can only hope Arteta has the courage to play him, and not fall back on the likes of Chambers, Soares, or even Kolasinac just for some sentimental non existent comfort (or even convenient excuse), before we lose even the funding access to overpay players. It's a death spiral between poor form on the pitch, ineffective transfers and ultimately revenues to support further squad improvements.

It's a slippery slope. Hang on tight.

Last edited:

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Welcome Tomi. Massive credit to you for coming to Arsenal despite our current situation.

We needed a new right-back so I'm glad we landed a target though I do worry a bit about this one and whether he is ultimately good enough for a top 6 team. Emerson or Tyler Adams look like the better prospects to me although Tomi's versatility could be useful.

All transfers are essentially gambles on how the player settles and develops so I hope this one falls in our favour for once and Emerson tanks for Sp**s.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Again, another signing that addresses an apparent weakness - but not sure about the cost + quality.

And again, I think it's reflective of our club's form / stature / appeal to the top tier players. We are no longer attractive to this type of players and we have to make do with shrewd signings. We are fortunate that the club still at least has access to some money (bless you Arsène) to try fix the squad by overpaying transfer fees.

Can only hope and pray this works out. Tomiyasu is not an Asian signing like those of Asano, Miyaichi, Inamoto. He's here to fix a genuine problem in the immediate horizon - our stale and incompetent RB/RWB situation offensively and defensively - like Ben White (fix distribution from the back), Tavares (back up for KT), Lokonga (tempo in midfield), Ode (creativity), Ramsdale (Leno declining form).

I can only hope Arteta has the courage to play him, and not fall back on the likes of Chambers, Soares, or even Kolasinac just for some sentimental non existent comfort (or even convenient excuse), before we lose even the funding access to overpay players. It's a death spiral between poor form on the pitch, ineffective transfers and ultimately revenues to support further squad improvements.

It's a slippery slope. Hang on tight.

It feels like we are getting mid table quality signings but at more of a top of the table cost currently; but I know little of this player so won't judge him.

Let's play Aubamawang

There's no point in banging on about Emerson. He wanted European football, which we don't have. Sp**s at least have the UEFA farmers league. We need to learn to live with the fact that they'll be a more attractive proposition than us until we can get back to CL, which is likely years away if ever.

On that note, welcome to Arsenal Tomi!

Top Bottom