• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Takehiro Tomiyasu: Takehiro Today, Injured Tomorrow

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Surprised Tomi won the motm and not saka or ESR. The new signings really winning the fans quick they all really hardworking and likable characters there unity in squad that i haven't seen for a while maybe since wenger and his team days.
In terms of age and attitude, the club recruited well this summer. However, we really need to get back into Europe to attract the best talent.

I think we'll need to accept that our performances are going to be a bit hot and cold. It's an unpopular view, but playing such a young side will at times be inconsistent.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
In terms of age and attitude, the club recruited well this summer. However, we really need to get back into Europe to attract the best talent.

I think we'll need to accept that our performances are going to be a bit hot and cold. It's an unpopular view, but playing such a young side will at times be inconsistent.
Imo the talent will always be available to buy if we know they will improve the team CL will only offer you chance to buy the elite and top players. we'll need to get stable team then thinking about adding 2-3 very top players.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He can definitely still be our starting RB, even if he is more of a CB...Wes Brown was starting for United in 2008 in that position for example, all about balance.

The way Arteta is setting up the team, and if Nuno keeps improving...Tierney may end up being the odd man out, as mad as that sounds.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Loved his work against Villa - defensively rock solid all match, and provided the platform for Tavares to maraud forward on the other flank. I think he *just about* works as a right back because he's got incredible pace for his size so was able to help stretch play at times. It's clear he's never going to be a huge attacking threat but in the right team he'll be a really useful player.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
We're no longer getting run ragged on our right side and people still cant be satisfied. But it goes to show a lot of us dont know **** because a lot of us wanted Emerson Royal and look at him. Lol

Bloodbather

Established Member

For all the talk about Tomiyasu's lack of offensive contribution, his play as a quick, solid quasi-CB does contribute to our offense in an indirect manner. In possession, he allows us to overload with greater numbers because he provides insurance against the counter. Out of possession, he allows us to apply the high-press more confidently because he's there to provide cover against breakaway balls.

He's done a number on our balance and stability as a team. Yes, it would be better if he was more capable offensively, but I reckon we'd have to pay triple the price if he was. I see him as a Branislav Ivanovic type, and Ivanovic was immense for Chelsea at RB at some point. There's numerous examples of a quasi-CB at RB approach working well, but you need your LB to be excellent in attack.

I can see it working short-term and long-term if the defensive burden on Tierney is lowered with the addition of a better CM on the left.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I think he had the joint mist interceptions and clearances whilst also getting forward. He did well as Leicestee attacks seemed to come mostly down the flanks. He's another very solid and complete looking player.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Fun little thing I’ve noticed is that there were lots of comparisons in the media with Emerson when Tomi first joined and they’d made out like we got the wrong one.

Weirdly that narrative has died after two months 🤔 if you know you know.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Fun little thing I’ve noticed is that there were lots of comparisons in the media with Emerson when Tomi first joined and they’d made out like we got the wrong one.

Emerson has looked woeful. Can’t wait to see him under Conte though.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Emerson has looked woeful. Can’t wait to see him under Conte though.

Thing is though Tomi had been class he’d just been playing at Bologna rather than Barcelona.

Genuinely think he’s got way more to develop which is scary. All of a sudden we have four top CB prospects on our books.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Thing is though Tomi had been class he’d just been playing at Bologna rather than Barcelona.

Genuinely think he’s got way more to develop which is scary. All of a sudden we have four top CB prospects on our books.

Yep, Gabriel, Tomi, Saliba and Holding will be a brilliant set going into next season. White and Partey holding in midfield and we’ve really got ourselves a team.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Yep, Gabriel, Tomi, Saliba and Holding will be a brilliant set going into next season. White and Partey holding in midfield and we’ve really got ourselves a team.
So what you man are saying is that we still need a RB?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I have read a few Tottenham fans now cursing they missed Tomiyasu, like they had the chance to get him when we were interested.

They are the same age and Tomi cost 6,5 million euros less.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom