• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Takehiro Tomiyasu: Takehiro Today, Injured Tomorrow

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

So this guy is annoyed at his lack of game time.

Does he not realise he missed half of last season with injuries???

Didn't sound annoyed at all, admitted the level is very high which means these things can happen and vowed to try his best to win his spot back.

I've heard talk about White glowingly a few times now, I highly doubt he's dumbfounded as to why he can't start atm.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Takehiro is a very humble guy, can't see any annoyance in that other than ambition as a professional footballer.

He is also a wise person. Being injury-prone and costing like more than 30 million less than White, it's easy to realize that if White performs at the same level as Tomiyasu, then Tomiyasu will be 2nd choice for the unforeseeable future. It's very important to have dependable players as the first starting eleven so they will become a well oiled machine together.

But he will get enough game-time anyway, and can cover any position in defence. He shouldn't play much for a while, but get back to fitness slowly and carefully.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
No he wasn't annoyed he said you need to perform at high level to play in this league also he added he want to work hard to get his place back. He very good player his ability you can't question its his fitness and so far this season it's been positive

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I wouldn't mind if it lit a fire in him. You need healthy competition. He needs to stay fit tho, White a lot more dependable in that regard

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He is better rb than white. But it’s politics. White cost too much to bench
I don't think White has been bad but Tomi is definitely better. This is true.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
He's been fit for a while but understandably has only been getting Nketiah minutes, hopefully he gets a proper chance soon

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

There will be plenty of minutes for him. We need competition, and right now we got two good right backs. Nothing to worry about this. It used to be like this, back in the day.
Think it is very clear that Arteta and Edu want to build a squad where there are at least two equally good or very good players for each position. Right now I feel quite good about our RB options. Tomi will get enough minutes as you say, but he will have to work to get them in the PL as it should be.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I wouldn't mind if it lit a fire in him. You need healthy competition. He needs to stay fit tho, White a lot more dependable in that regard
People didn't realize it at the time, but I mentioned it. White having played so many minutes in his earlier seasons gives you much confidence in his durability. Similar to Xhaka and his value in this regard that many miss. It's very very valuable. Arsenal fans should know this.

So part of that 50 million was his durability, part of it was his versatility. These were the things many missed regarding his transfer fee, thinking he is not a proper RB. Other stuff was of course his mentality, which people also missed "because he doesn't watch football in his free time" etc.

Then there is the basic stuff like his good level and great potential. He is proving more and more that 50 million wasn't overpaying for a HG defender. Also I have to mention, Southgate is an idiot.

Regarding Tomiyasu, we all knew he was already injury-prone in Italy, and which is why he was cheap. But I still wanted him, and he is a great player. Injury-proneness isn't always something that lasts full career. And if he stays a rotational player for defence positions, it should not make him injured so much.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I don't think White has been bad but Tomi is definitely better. This is true.
I was saying in the summer I couldn’t see White starting as CB due to the big physical advantages saliba and Gabriel has over him. Gabriel may make the odd error, but he is the best in the air and is stronger and quicker and gets to plays Ben simply can’t due to his physical prowess. So I thought he would be bench player. Didn’t see this rb thing coming

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I was saying in the summer I couldn’t see White starting as CB due to the big physical advantages saliba and Gabriel has over him. Gabriel may make the odd error, but he is the best in the air and is stronger and quicker and gets to plays Ben simply can’t due to his physical prowess. So I thought he would be bench player. Didn’t see this rb thing coming
I'm just glad Arteta is playing the best CB pairing. The difference is clear.

D

Deleted member 102404

He is better rb than white. But it’s politics. White cost too much to bench

I don’t think so.
Tomiyasu lost his place because he is injury prone. His replacement has played extremely well in the position and has therefore kept his place. That is how it should be.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I don’t think so.
Tomiyasu lost his place because he is injury prone. His replacement has played extremely well in the position and has therefore kept his place. That is how it should be.
Players rarely lose their place due to injury and Ben white has been ok. But it’s clear he is not a rb. It’s just a convenient excuse not to bench a 50 million defender. Toni is better RB and Saliba and Gabriel are better CB. I will say I would be far angrier if he was played instead of Gabriel

D

Deleted member 102404

Players rarely lose their place due to injury and Ben white has been ok. But it’s clear he is not a rb. It’s just a convenient excuse not to bench a 50 million defender. Toni is better RB and Saliba and Gabriel are better CB. I will say I would be far angrier if he was played instead of Gabriel

White has been excellent. Whether he is a RB long term or not is neither here nor there. He’s just doing an excellent job. The one area he is not as effective is on the overlap, but then it’s not really a strength of Tomi either.
Really like Tomi and I suspect if he can stay fit he can win his place back, but to suggest he’s not playing because of politics is just an unsubstantiated reach.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I like Gabriel, he has a lot of positive traits but I think White is better overall. He is not as commanding but is better on the ball, is calmer and makes less mistakes.

For me if Tomi gets back in its at Gabriel's expense with White moving centrally although I would plump for Gabriel against more physical opposition.

Top Bottom