• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Takehiro Tomiyasu: Takehiro Today, Injured Tomorrow

Tnegs

I think Tomi is decent but he hasn't really hit his stride this season and is pretty injury prone.

I wouldn't be against moving him on in the summer if we can get a more reliable back up.

White needs cover. Can't be playing all the time.

Luckily for us White has been rested a couple of times recently and he has the upcoming international break to rest in preparation for our last 11 games. Definitely agree that we can’t start next season with Tomi as our backup RB.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Hopefully he gets his mind and body together and starts next season fresh. The WC seems to have done a number on him.
Even with Tomi fit, I will start White, always.
We still need him, he is solid, but here, he is always a backup.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I really, really like Tomi as a player, but he simply is too injury prone for us having him in the squad longterm. We should look to trade him to another club in the summer if possible. I understand wanting to give him more time, but he has been way too brittle for us to invest more time in him. Time to cut the loss and move on. I will for sure miss him and I would have loved for him to have worked out, but that is where we are. There simply have to be better RB back-up options out there. Edu, time to earn your money again! 💯

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
In theory Tomiyasu is the perfect utility defender, could fill in anywhere in a back 4. Definitely the sort you want in a squad. But he’s literally injured about half the time. You can’t really rely on him at this point.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
At this point you've got to start thinking about the future.

Seems like a lot of football missed for him, wonder if it's a case of the Smiths and he needs surgery to address this.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Says Tomi probably out for rest of season. More hopeful on Saliba

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Only good thing about the Europa defeat, is the importance of Tomi's injury as we only have league games left.

Gutted for him though, another talented Arsenal player that injuries are affecting 😔

Tnegs

Shame about his injury but he’s been a liability this season. He’s gone from being a sold player to one of those peasants armed with muskets who runs in terror as the samurai come out of the fog early on in the last samurai movie.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Some players can't catch a break. I still don't know what his injury not even Japanese media telling us anything. With tow months to go his searon is over i hope he didn't do his ACL the way he fall was awkward but didn't seem knee issue.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

At this point you've got to start thinking about the future.

Seems like a lot of football missed for him, wonder if it's a case of the Smiths and he needs surgery to address this.

We need to go back in for Fresneda or whoever.

Move Tomi to back up CB and then there’s less expectation on him. Even if he gets injured you can play White as CB.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Tomi taking the Holding role to see out games while also providing cover across the entire backline when needed would be ideal.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Confirmed out for the season? This is a big blow. Won’t be able to use him as a secret weapon to stop Mo Salah. Really have to hope and pray for no more injuries.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Confirmed out for the season? This is a big blow. Won’t be able to use him as a secret weapon to stop Mo Salah. Really have to hope and pray for no more injuries.
Nothing definitive yet, I assume we'll get some news today or tomorrow. There is supposed to be a new assessment of him today.

Top Bottom