• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Takehiro Tomiyasu: Takehiro Today, Injured Tomorrow

Buhry

Established Member

Was sceptical when I saw this guy and Vieira in the starting lineup today. I don't rate him much at all, except for the liverpool where he did a good job I think he's been awful basically since last spring. Too limited on the ball and constantly makes the wrong choices when in possession in attack. Poor final ball as well. Agree with the sell in summer sentiment or relegated to 4th choice cb if he can even be trusted to do a job there.

Gooner_girl14

Hoping he can turn it around. He was great last season, but he has been a liability recently. Seems a bit like Tierney whose style may not suit Arteta's system. Definitely seems low in confidence. Hopefully can get some minutes in EL to build it up again as I think he's better than what he's shown recently. That being said, the pressures of a title race are much different to a top 4 battle so our margin for error right now is very small.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
He wasn't good yesterday, feels like he lost confidence on the ball and is playing is safer after the error vs City.

That said, not concerned and not going to overreact. He was one of our best defenders last year if not the best. Like I said in the Vieira thread, it's not easy to always come in and out of the team and be expected to be the same standard as the starter. He clearly don't have the same automation with Ode and Saka now.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

He had a great start here and literally blocked 90 percent of crosses. He's really been off since that first injury and being benched along with the WC seems to have rattled something within. I like him and hope he comes good

Yeah I tend to agree with this, I think it's easy to forget that he hasn't really featured much recently and that lack of game time can disrupt a player's form (as match days are a different intensity to training).

He was really really good last season at RB (yes even for a CB), and I'm certainly not ready to relegate him to being just a back up CB because of essentially what's been a few bad performances in an otherwise very good Arsenal career so far.

The question is how to keep him involved so that both he and White get enough minutes, thankfully I'm not paid to answer that lol.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Yeah I tend to agree with this, I think it's easy to forget that he hasn't really featured much recently and that lack of game time can disrupt a player's form (as match days are a different intensity to training).

He was really really good last season at RB (yes even for a CB), and I'm certainly not ready to relegate him to being just a back up CB because of essentially what's been a few bad performances in an otherwise very good Arsenal career so far.

The question is how to keep him involved so that both he and White get enough minutes, thankfully I'm not paid to answer that lol.
It's like @pigge said, it's so hard that he can't seem to get his form back. I think if we'd gone deep in to the domestic cups, he'd have more game time but our thin squad means we have to sacrifice comps. His injury issues were known before we signed so I feel Arteta has a decision to make.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Tomi is a defender, stopping attackers is his superpower. Saying he should be sold cos of his attacking play is just irrational. He shouldn’t really be playing RB for us cos we know he’s limited going forward.

As a utility defender he’s as good as you could hope for. Would be crazy to sell. Sell Holding and buy a more technical RB, much more sensible.

Tnegs

I don’t think he’s been the same since he was utterly destroyed by St Maximin at the end of last season think he even had to fake an injury to get off the field then. Seems low on confidence and is costing us points he needs to rebuild some form in the EL and put in some good performances before he can be trusted in the league again.

Buhry

Established Member

He comes from Japan, he's no better than Cygan

Tomi is a defender, stopping attackers is his superpower. Saying he should be sold cos of his attacking play is just irrational. He shouldn’t really be playing RB for us cos we know he’s limited going forward.

As a utility defender he’s as good as you could hope for. Would be crazy to sell. Sell Holding and buy a more technical RB, much more sensible.

Has he played any good games at cb for us? Could he actually do better than Holding? I'd be scared of him passing it to the enemy strikers tbh.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Dominated that little ex Sp**s fraud when he came on, what you like to see from Tomi.

Our best pure defender at the club, which is pretty impressive considering how good our 2 CBs are.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This guy barley plays and still manages to get injured constantly…

Said it in Jan but I would have kept Cedric around.

Latest posts

Top Bottom