• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Takuma Asano (Loan) | Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
giphy.gif

Aevi

Hale End FC
I wonder what the fee is. Anything above 5 mil would be very good business.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Briliant.

Today Bremen signed Osako from Cologne and Hannovers president Kind said, that they wanted him too. No they haven't got this japanese player, so they bought Asano.

Very good for us. He haven't played a role under Korkut for Stuttgart.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Quite amazing we never saw him in Arsenal shirt lol. Anyway good luck to him.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Has anybody ever seen Asano play? We bought him two years ago and I still haven't actually watched him once.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Has anybody ever seen Asano play? We bought him two years ago and I still haven't actually watched him once.
I've watched two or three games he played, and he wasn't particularly impressive. I don't remember him making major mistakes or anything, but he made little to no impact on the games. @Toby Andrl has said that he's definitely not at our level.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
@Aevius @dashsnow17 @yousif_arsenal

pacy, hard worker who knows how to get into good positions

Unfortunately, that's it. Can't strike a ball, can't score goals, no physical presence, no technique - can neither dribble nor stop balls, his first touch is really something else.

Hannes Wolf liked him for his pace and workrate. First used him in a midfield three in the 2. Bundesliga season as a presser, then on the wing, where his defensive work, pressing and pace was just enough to get along at that level. Can't say he didn't do a job in the 2. BL.

In the 1. Bundesliga season he was useless as a winger for his lack of technique. But Wolf still loved him and thought the problem of his disjointed 5-2-3 was immobile striker Simon Terodde (in truth it was the system itself, although Terodde clearly lacks the ability for 1. BL, too) and played Asano as lone mainstriker for a few games, which didn't exactly pay off. By the winter break he had faded out of the starting XI, and under Korkut he didn't even make the squad most of the time.

He's said to be a decent character, never moaned when faded out, kept working hard in training and integrated very well into the squad and club. Just last weekend there were videos and pics of the team partying in the cabin after the win against Bayern, and he seemed absolutely into it and like he cared about the club. Can't say he didn't try, work and give it his best. It just isn't enough. Feel for the boy a bit but he's just not a very good footballer.

I'd say his level is about 2. Bundesliga or a first league in a fringe country. I am very surprised a Bundesliga club came in for him - but then again it's Hannover, so :rolleyes:

Another thing I can definitely say is that the only position he can succeed in is as a secondary striker. He lacks the striking, composure and physicality to be a lone striker, while he lacks the technique and cross to be a winger at top level. But he gets into good positions and works hard - next to a target man it could maybe work out for him as someone who engages and keeps defenders busy, creates space, presses and scores a tap-in every now and then. But even then he really needs to work on his technique and first touch.

Think he might fetch around 3 to 5m €.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom