• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Takuma Asano: Welcome to Arsenal!

BobP

Memri Fan
Doubt he'll amount to much.

Wenger has a fetish for signing players from up and coming football nations.

Promotional considerations probably played a part in this signing.

Like seriously, we haven't even got an explanation for the signing of Park Chu Young.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

When Hulk played in Japan did he dominate?

progman07

Established Member
I didn't believe we would sign this guy, wow. Those ITKs do know something.

I don't really understand Wenger though, these kind of signings up front (Sunu, Miayichi, Wellington, Campbell, Sanogo, etc) haven't worked out at all for us in the last 10 years.

What's going on with Sanogo anyways? Arrived in 2013, played in 14 games for the first team that season (scored 0 goals), it's 2016 now and he his nowhere.

'We have [Yaya] Sanogo who will be an important asset, we have Giroud, we have Lukas Podolski, we have Joel Campbell who can play centre forward,’ he said.
This quote is from August 2014. Wenger should be presented these interviews, I'd love to hear the explanation because things did not exactly work out since.

Hopefully Asano does not go the same direction (excuse for not signing a striker, having a few atrocious performances then disappearing).

Original_AAA

I don't expect him to amount to anything other then a financial investment to gain more press and shirt sales in Japan. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Sanogoals

I just can't be arsed anymore. 25 goals or gtfo.

The reality is though, it's not this kids fault that he was bought if he turns out to not be what we need (which, let's be honest, is likely). The blame solely lies on Wenger if he puts him straight into the first team. It's not like we are a club which has financial troubles so we have to rely on these types of signings. Wenger bought him because he wanted to, no other reason.

So we have to support him when he pulls the shirt on, even if he isn't good enough. If we then want to vent our frustration then it should all be directed towards Wenger. Same goes for any other player that plays for us unless they decide to attack the fanbase (see Adebayor).

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
From Reddit

He's quick, a great finisher, and has a lot of potential. I don't know what else I can say. He's been an understudy to one of the most prolific Japanese strikers in history (Hisato Sato) for most of his career, so he's been learning from the best. He's had a few Euro (Bundesliga in particular) clubs interested in him from what I've heard.

Everybody seems to be making fun of this signing so hopefully he will live up to expectations at the Olympics (he's considered to be one of the best, if not the best, player on the squad). Just because they haven't heard of him doesn't mean he's ****.

He's no Miyaichi. Asano has professional experience in the best league in Asia (as well as national team caps) while Miyaichi was signed directly out of high school. They don't even play the same position or have the same amount of strength.

If you want more info about his playstyle and etc you'd be better off asking on /r/jleague. I haven't been able to watch much J.League this season (maybe 6 or 7 matches so far).

Seriously, chill people. This is a kid we have signed. Its far too early to crucify Wenger for not signing enough players when the market is still open ffs.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Social media are enjoying our situation right now :lol:

That 2 out of 3 signings that we are making this summer.

So far I have been right. We only sign one 30 million + player each summer.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Ryo was straight out of highschool as a signing . This guys had been capped by the blue Samurai. One thing I do know JP is a technically better team than England .

Top Bottom