• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Takuma Asano: Welcome to Arsenal!

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Is getting very much negative critic at the moment. Just saw a picture with him "31 games and they still think i'm a professional footballer."

Karlos14478

How old is he now? 21/22? That sort of age he needs to be playing in our league cup games and coming on in our europa league games next season. To buy him for selling shirts just annoys me even more with this ****ty club.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
because {reed} just made me remember that guy and I'm a local as well as a supporter, having seen every game I can maybe give a bit of a valuating of him.

First off, he's not good enough for Arsenal. Right now, I don't even know if he's good enough for VfB in the Bundesliga. But, he's not been deployed as a striker or secondary striker, but as a winger or central midfielder. Because of his energy and pressing, Hannes Wolf used him as a presser and runner in a midfield three. Later, when we sorted out the ball control, he got shifted to the flanks.

He's quick, he's got clever movement off the ball and a lot of energy. If he get's a straight chance, he'll bury it.
His first touch is confusing, sometimes he can't control a 2 meter pass, then he picks up a long range, sides changing pass like it's the easiest thing in the world.
He can't dribble for the sake of his life. Sometimes beats a man with his pace when he's confident, but not too often. More likely he'll pass back to the fullback or a central midfielder and that's been the most telling sight about him definitely not being a winger or even an inside forward. That's why he's been so frustrating to me, because he's 1v1 on right or left flank with acres of space to run into, but instead of trying to beat the player, he always, ALWAYS, passed backwards.
His passing is also somewhat off. Along with his overall technique, barring the unusual good first touch, that's his biggest weakness.
His decision making has been on and off. Sometimes he did the right thing (mostly when taking on opponents or picking a forward pass, but then lacked in execution), or he did it absolutely wrong, giving away the ball (mostly by passing during possession play).

He's high energy, pace, good finishing, an engine, good off the ball movement.
He lacks technique, decision making, passing, any sense of what to do when the team's tactic is based on possession and - for the kind of player he is - cockiness.

He's scored some important goals for Stuttgart, he's done some valuable running, but towards the end of the season, he's been dropped from the starting 11 rightfully.

Red&Dreadjm

because {reed} just made me remember that guy and I'm a local as well as a supporter, having seen every game I can maybe give a bit of a valuating of him.

First off, he's not good enough for Arsenal. Right now, I don't even know if he's good enough for VfB in the Bundesliga. But, he's not been deployed as a striker or secondary striker, but as a winger or central midfielder. Because of his energy and pressing, Hannes Wolf used him as a presser and runner in a midfield three. Later, when we sorted out the ball control, he got shifted to the flanks.

He's quick, he's got clever movement off the ball and a lot of energy. If he get's a straight chance, he'll bury it.
His first touch is confusing, sometimes he can't control a 2 meter pass, then he picks up a long range, sides changing pass like it's the easiest thing in the world.
He can't dribble for the sake of his life. Sometimes beats a man with his pace when he's confident, but not too often. More likely he'll pass back to the fullback or a central midfielder and that's been the most telling sight about him definitely not being a winger or even an inside forward. That's why he's been so frustrating to me, because he's 1v1 on right or left flank with acres of space to run into, but instead of trying to beat the player, he always, ALWAYS, passed backwards.
His passing is also somewhat off. Along with his overall technique, barring the unusual good first touch, that's his biggest weakness.
His decision making has been on and off. Sometimes he did the right thing (mostly when taking on opponents or picking a forward pass, but then lacked in execution), or he did it absolutely wrong, giving away the ball (mostly by passing during possession play).

He lacks technique, decision making, passing, any sense of what to do when the team's tactic is based on possession and - for the kind of player he is - cockiness.

He's scored some important goals for Stuttgart, he's done some valuable running, but towards the end of the season, he's been dropped from the starting 11 rightfully.
Well as @hydrofluoric acid said - the Japanese Walcott.

Oh bwoy, sounds like this is going nowhere good enough

Aevi

Hale End FC

Guys, I think we sent Stuttgart Walcott by mistake.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Well as @hydrofluoric acid said - the Japanese Walcott.

Oh bwoy, sounds like this is going nowhere good enough

Now that you mention Walcott....:lol: definitely the same kind of player. Although Asano has shown more willigness to run, dig in and work than Walcott has ever shown on the pitch. Instagram posts don't count.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
He will play next season for Stuttgart too. Schindelmeiser, their manger, confirmed it. So we will see him in the first Bundesliga.

Top Bottom