• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tales from the RAWK side

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Napoli 4-0 Liverpool
You can excuse Gomez and Milner being taken apart but you can't fault their effort. The same can't be said for Trent though. The lack of effor for me of those goals was ****ing appaling. He really needs a long spell on the sidelines and we needed to buy someone to give him a bit of competition.

As others have said I'm afraid it's the end of a cycle and the end for many of these players and a rebuild is needed. We've simply taken to long to freshen this side up.
****E!

Better in the second half.

Good night, God bless you ****ers.
:wave
Put this one behind us, we're always **** in Napoli. Players coming back, things can only get better.
A night that is probably needed for Klopp and his staff to see what we can see.
Oof.

An absolute spanking. There is a lot to fix at the moment. It’s going to be a tough old season.
Too many players going though the motions. Looks like a long hard season ahead
Well at least we kept the score down.

Unless Arthur is randomly Xavi incarnate I think we are going to have quite a bad time this season. This squad just looks and feels finished to me.
Crap. Ajax is huge, they are going to fancy putting us on the verge and them and Napoli in a great position. Worried they'll play at a pace we simply can't right now.

Mind you, Europa League maybe our best bet of CL football next season.
Can’t even be arsed being upset about that. Too many players seem like they’re not arsed so why should we be. Just causally strolling around and playing careless passes. A lot of them players should be thoroughly embarrassed at the start to the season they have had, not just tonight.
Massive credit to Diaz.

Otherwise, an utter shambles. I'd like my Liverpool back, please and thank you.
We were amazing and just goes to show FSG were right not to invest in our midfield or refresh our squad.
Everyone knows we are lacking,Boss and players,what they need now is our ****ing support.

Instead we'll get "Reds" calling into that poundland Partridge c*nt Godlbridge to slag our team off.
Busted flush.

Twas fun whilst it lasted.
There's nothing more to say that hasn't already been said. We all know what the problems are and they don't look like they're going away any time soon.

Hopefully we can make it to the World Cup without completely writing off the season.
Summary of the season so far -

Entire team looks slow, old and lethargic
Half of them don’t look like they are arsed
Defense is leaky condescending soft goals
Our full backs have been crap both offensively and defensively
Midfield is plain awful - non existent most of the time
We look clueless going forward, don’t create any chances
Our best player looks lost out there
Set plays have gone to ****
Pressing has no intensity. Every team is easily able to build from the back

Have I missed anything?
Starting to get a bit worried about Nunez, know he only played an inconsequential 40-30 minutes. He just looks so extremely limited, not sure what he is supposed to be good at.
Worst performance under Klopp probably. Don't think midfield is the only issue and even if you think that you can't think we can keep setting up like we do. We're giving up way too much to justify how attacking or aggresive in the press we are.

Diaz is the only outfield player who's consistently played well, Elliott given his age/experience as well. Don't think Thiago made us better, we were just 4-1 down at that point and they didn't need to do anything.
We spent 100m on a CF who looks miles away from being the required quality.
Worst half of football I’ve seen in a few seasons.

Think Robertson, Milner, Gomez need to relegated to the bench. Salah perhaps needs a break once in a while.

Just need some fresh blood. If not for skill, at least for effort. We just lack these.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Liverpool 3-3 Brighton

What else is there left to say? It's the same **** every single game.
Looking at the fixture list, we’re properly ****ed.
Needed to win today. Arsenal and City will be a bloodbath.

Big investment needed in Jan for any chance of top 4.
To not win that after going 3-2 up just sums everything up. Pathetic from everyone involved.
Absolute ****. Wrong starting team, poor subs Diaz apart and just all round crap. Huge, huge issues, 4th right now would be an absolute dream.

When does Uefa giving a **** team who finished outside the cl places a place kick in?
How we are supposed to get top 4 I do not understand. We are so **** it is actually unbelievable.
Don’t think we’re making top 4
Bringing on Milner and Elliott, I have no words.
I feel grateful for a point.
I love Klopp but he's off his ****ing rocker bringing Milner on, we threw those points away. No idea why we stopped playing after going ahead, snatched a draw from the jaws of victory there.
We're in trouble

We look so, so easy to score against and we just look unorganised all the time. So many underperforming players it's exhausting to watch at the moment
Hard to see top 4 happening unless something drastic happens we just look like dropping points in every game bar one all season
How much did we pay for Nunez?! FFS
The ultimate humiliation - level on points with Everton.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Have to say they were very gracious on our win. I loathed them back in the 80s. Here in Norway we are definitely the distant third biggest team, and for those who feel that United was awful in the 90s, Liverpool was none the better in the 80s.

edit: surely in British English - football teams are regarded as singular - ie Liverpool was - not Liverpool were - ?

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Have to say they were very gracious on our win. I loathed them back in the 80s. Here in Norway we are definitely the distant third biggest team, and for those who feel that United was awful in the 90s, Liverpool was none the better in the 80s.

edit: surely in British English - football teams are regarded as singular - ie Liverpool was - not Liverpool were - ?
I’m on another UK based forum and they try to correct me whenever I refer to a team as a singular entity rather than the plural collection of players. I was always curious myself. :lol: In US vernacular, it’s common to use the singular.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Comparing Salah with Arsenal’s two wingers is just sad, he looks absolutely useless nowadays.
The team is too old and slow now and Arsenal is playing like the Liverpool 5 years ago. The cycle of most our senior players is done, an era is finished due to the owners’ stinginess in replacing players to keep the team sharp. Let’s wait for the right players, my axx!
This team is done, probably finish 6th or so because of poor planning and lack of investment. Dead players, unambitious owners and needing a total overhaul in the summer instead of strengthening from a position of power
I’m starting to question whether a manager like Klopp and a team like ours (with the likes of Hendo, Milner, Mo, Bobby etc) can really thrive in this sport anymore. Today was stark. Diving all over the show, faking injuries, hassling officials (on and off the pitch), trying to injure opposition players. We can carry on fighting the good fight but what’s the point when no-one else is? The only way to succeed is going to be to become what we’ve been fighting against, and I don’t really see how many of us continue to follow football.
This isn’t a bad phase anymore. It’s a rut and we’re not getting out of this anytime soon. This team needs more than a couple of midfielders. Salah can’t take on his man anymore, can’t shoot, can’t do anything right and we reward him with a 400k contract. That’s been going on since the afcon and people have said he’s tired but it’s more than that. He’s physically shot, same with VVD, same with Fabinho. Klopp needs to stop being so loyal to players.
I love him, obviously, and I don't like to criticise. But Jesus Christ he's had a mare
Every single team have improved year in year out. We’ve been happy to stay at the level we’re at because it is both cheap to FSG and klopps loyalty to the players. We’ve rested on our laurels because these players have been so good that we’ve felt they don’t need anybody new to compliment them. As much as I hate whisky nose, he always added one or 2 big signings year in year out to freshen up his team and keep that flame going in their belly. We’ve just decided to go stale.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
I’m starting to question whether a manager like Klopp and a team like ours (with the likes of Hendo, Milner, Mo, Bobby etc) can really thrive in this sport anymore. Today was stark. Diving all over the show, faking injuries, hassling officials (on and off the pitch), trying to injure opposition players. We can carry on fighting the good fight but what’s the point when no-one else is? The only way to succeed is going to be to become what we’ve been fighting against, and I don’t really see how many of us continue to follow football.

slapping-slap.gif

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

I’m on another UK based forum and they try to correct me whenever I refer to a team as a singular entity rather than the plural collection of players. I was always curious myself. :lol: In US vernacular, it’s common to use the singular.
Think in the UK it's because you talk about a team as a group of people not an entity like a franchise or something, at least I've never heard any football club referred to in the singular.

TinFish

The scousers are thick as pigsh!t and biased as feck.

Saw accusations on there of Jesus faking his KO. They are taking their downfall pretty hard it seems.

It's why I enjoy Arsenal Mania, it's easily the most balanced forum (especially when comparing to RAWK/Red cafe) and there's no hard feelings when banter is shared even against our beloved club sometimes. I can see why there is a north/south divide lol.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Nottingham Forest 1-0 Liverpool

Pathetic, just absolutely ****ing pathetic.

How do you manage to screw up every single god damned chance you have infront of goal?
Absolute horseshit that was. Everyone bar Allison was awful.

Regardless of who we had playing, we got outplayed by the worst team in the league
That's ****ed. Losing against the team coming last. Dropping points against **** like this is the difference between being in the CL or Europa next year. Zero goals against a team that averages 2 goals conceded virtually EVERY game is bullshit.

You can talk all your **** about conspiracy theories but if you don't beat dross like this it's all an excuse.
What happens to us in away games? We seem to forget the basics.
Laughing stock. 4th is a pipe dream, we better savour every moment of CL football this season while we still have it.
I'm normally the first to defend us, but we were totally abject until they scored. Fully deserved defeat.
May as well write the league season off. Embarrassing.
Think that's a new low. Back to square one after finally looking like we were turning a corner. Desperately poor performance and result, so bad that we managed to make the worst team in the league look good.

This season can't end soon enough.
Basically nothing to chase now in the league this season, aside from the Europa spots I guess.
****e that,

hope they go down as well, I know its a big win for them but those celebrations are a bit OTT
Getting outplayed, outcreated and outfought by bottom of the league. Grim.
Walk home you useless sods
Something is seriously wrong at our club. We are an embarrassment.
Abysmal and so predictable. Forest are still going down because they are genuinely awful.
Losing to these scumbags was unthinkable, so of course we lost to these scumbags.

**** off back to the Championship, you scab rat Tory gobshites. Worst club on earth.
Ok that’s pissing off. There’s no getting around that

Absolutely ****ing disgraceful performance and tactics
Horrendous. Europa League spot would be dreamland right now but can't see us finishing that high sadly.
Another low for this season and it’s only October.

We’re just shadows of our former selves and you can’t really see certain, previously key players getting back to that level.
What a shambles. Everyone not named Alisson should be made to walk back to Liverpool.

This is a Europa League at best level squad.
Fantastic performance from the boys in red - saw everything energy, passion, commitment, desire, hunger…oh hang on…what…we we’re the ones in white?
The best part:
I know we have injuries. But Oxlade Chamberlain coming on for us chasing an equaliser in 2022 is ****ing criminal.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Liverpool 1-2 Leeds Uniited

Atrocious.
Leeds had lost 4 in a row, managed 2 points from their last 8, not won a game since August. Enter ****ing Liverpool.

Genuinely disgusted with that performance. Absolutely pathetic.

This team is shot to bits.
How do we fix this?
**** me it gets worse
Well it doesn't get much worse than this really. Not sure what to say honestly.
It's becoming increasingly likely that the only way we'll be playing European football again next season is if we win the Champions League this season.

We've been absolutely pathetic this season and have only turned up for City at home. It's all broken. The midfield, the defense, the tactics, the substitutions. Everything. Rip it up and start over again.
Our fans were crap, if you don’t want to support the team give it to people who do.

Elliot will be great, but cannot play him in midfield, it doesn’t work.

Trent was so casual in the 2nd half - he deserved to be subbed off.

This season is a write off - surprise, surprise we need a midfielder.

This could be the loss that is the start of our season #RAWKSuperFans
Time to admit - this team is pretty much done. Massive changes are needed ASAP
Seasons over. We're ****ing crap.
Absolutely terrible that. Elliott and Jones (I know they are kids) we’re both terrible.
Pathetic, another defeat coming next weekend too. A Europa league place would be an absolute dream finish right now but hugely unlikely.
Lost to the worst 2 teams in the league. For **** sake. Just not good enough.
Well deserved

****ing rancid for 67 minutes.
Worst performance of the season so far and that’s quite an achievement. Too many players who don’t seem to be making any effort whatsoever.
We were ****! 0 points against the bottom two teams.
:butt

Our midfield is a joke. No energy, no power and getting outrun evreytime.
Need to get to 40 points. We are awful
Van Dyke is only arsed about the WC. ****house.
At what point is it okay to question Klopp? Our tactics have completely gone out the window, and the persistence of bringing Milner on is baffling to the point that there must something contractually going on.

Not saying he should be sacked or anything, far from it. But **** me something needs to change.
Needs massive investment in the playing squad… and Jamie Carragher can do one as well in my humblest opinion…
No points from Forest and Leeds in 20th and 19th respectively when we’ve played them. Not sure where the season is going from here to be honest. The World Cup doesn’t fix this, the problems run deeper. It’s been done to death but the reluctance to improve the squad has come home to roost. Needs ripping up and starting again. These last 180 minutes have been simply abysmal.
And there are still people here that believe we can get top 4 ..... Need a massive clear out now, the mentality and attitude is so bad. FSG also needs to put some money into this team or F off.
This team is done.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I don’t really mind Arsenal or their fanbase. They’re generally a bit cringey, but there are many worse fanbases in the league - City, United, Everton, Leicester. I don’t recall Arsenal fans coming to Anfield and signing about Hillsborough in recent years, but I might be wrong. Agree that their players are not likeable.

Having said that, I don’t want to them to win the league, and that’s purely bitterness from me. Over the last five years, we’ve been the only club challenging Abu Dhabi and have one hard-earned title to show for it, including two other 90+ points seasons where we missed out by a point. Arsenal swanning in and winning it after being **** for years would annoy me, especially if they won it with 80-something points.
Outside of the sport washers, they're the most dislikeable club. Players who throw themselves about, dive, feign head injuries. A manager who is an odious c*nt. A ****tish set of fans. Hope they completely fall apart and City piss the league.
They win this year and they’ll be on the same amount of leagues as us( during this Klopp era) crazy to think can’t but help think we haven’t got the best out of this era on retrospect.
Can’t believe people want Arsenal to win it over City……I mean I ****ing hate City but after four years of #AnyoneButLiverpool then **** em as far as I’m concerned Man City can win every domestic trophy going as it just emphasis further proof and acceptance of their cheating.
If Arsenal win the league, it is massively preferable to an artificially inflated cheat, like Man City.

Arsenal have spent a lot of money the last few years, but they have generally spent well and Arteta has a very good young side.

I can’t see them lasting the course, and Man City will beat them in the league, twice, and inch ahead.

Still, this Arsenal team will be there or thereabouts, both this time and in future seasons. Arteta has done a very good job.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
You've actually hit the nail on the head with some of these posts @Oxeki

You pick up on that arrogance/bitterness from some non City fans, particularly Liverpool ones, they are saying the quiet part out loud. They dismiss Arsenal as not being able to go toe to toe with City because if Liverpool couldnt properly challenge City, then who are Arsenal? How can this upstart Arteta, upstage the mighty Klopp in such a short time, in his first job.

These next 5 games will be very interesting for narratives out there. Lets see what the talk will be if we come through those games with most of the points. I can bet, it will turn to cheating and rigging going on.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Brentford 3-1 Liverpool

The first 15 minutes? Fine

The second half? I can love with that.

But that 30 minutes in the first half was a total **** show
Got what we deserved. **** all
Is anyone that surprised?
Well, thank **** Ivan Toney didn't play.
Funking ****e.

Salah anonymous again.
Painful. Excruciating. ****e.
Was that Gary Neville ****ing singing at the end?
Appallingly bad. Aimless. No clue. No plan. No fight.
Slightly better second half but not much use when giving them a 2 goal head start. A Europa League spot would be an astonishing achievement for this team, hopefully we can get it but more pain coming as I dont see how we get anything at Brighton next league game.
Who are these players? Unrecognizable from everything we know and remember them for.

**** this season.
John W Henry, your boys took one hell of a beating tonight. Get your ****ing chequebook out.
We are very good at making every team look like prime Barca.
Brentford are Stoke in all but name.
Bullied by a pub side on steroids. Embarrassing
Feel like that’s probably the league gone now
This team is broken but we already knew that. This was just the latest humiliation in a season full of them. Roll on Brighton for more of the same.

Heard an incredible stat on commentary that we've already dropped more points in just 17 games than we did in the whole of last season. The complete and total collapse of this team has been insane.
So are we still using the "we are tired" excuse?
Sobering more than any Dry January could.
Dreadful. A stale team that's going nowhere currently. This is the result of standing still. An ageing squad that now requires a fair bit of investment.
We're ****e. We must be the softest team in the league at the moment, so easy to play through.

4 games played since the WC and we've been crap in 3 and a half of them.

The underfunding of playing staff by FSG is wasting the talents of the world's best manager. I'm still amazed he agreed a new contract.

There's so much work to do it's unreal.
**** dry January

I’m having a drink now

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Liverpool 2-2 Wolves
Not getting any better is it?
Terrible, deserved to lose.
I'll take it.

Wolves will have bigger fish to fry when the replay rolls around.
We have reversed about 10 years
Good upfront , crap at the back and non existent in midfield.

Truly a disjointed, unbalanced side
Absolutely pathetic stuff, absolutely broken from top to bottom.
That is the worse performance of season.

Utterly brainless.
Absolute rubbish again. Nothing to suggest anything will be different next week or the game after that.
Pathetic. But you expect it now.
Terrible. Somehow getting worse with each game back after the break as well.
I hate watching us at the moment. We are so poorly set up, so lethargic, so utterly stupid and its really pissing me off
Sums up the season that. We are just a very ordinary team. Midfield clueless and ponderous once again.
Just awful. Something needs to change tactically otherwise we're going to crawl to a Europa League place and no trophies. It's like the whole club has lost their collective minds.
On present form I'd put us finishing about 9th in the PL.
Ffs. One time we get a dodgy decision and it's to give us a replay we don't want.

Top Bottom