• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tammy Abraham

Do you want Tammy at Arsenal?

• Yes

Votes: 20 27.0%
  • No

Votes: 34 45.9%
  • Don't care either

Votes: 20 27.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I'm sure his goals per minute is similar to Tammy boy.

Has Tammy ever run from his own box with the ball to opposing goal and finished.

Surely you are not comparing the two.
walcott did that against liverpool, run the whole pitch, pass it to adebayor and score. Didn’t make him anywhere close to world class.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I'm sure his goals per minute is similar to Tammy boy.

Has Tammy ever run from his own box with the ball to opposing goal and finished.

Surely you are not comparing the two.

Surely you aren't using one moment to compare two players ffs.

Right now Tammy is a better goalscoring striker than Martinelli, its just facts from what we've seen from both of them over the past couple of years.

Martinelli may turn into that guy, he may not, Abraham is currently a good goalscorer. Still wouldn't want him, but for anyone saying just start Martinelli or Balogun you need to engage and think about why that wouldn't work.

Greenwood for example is a gargantuan talent for United. Yet they resigned Cavani and are still wanting a main striker whos older than Greenwood, why do you think that is?

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
The season under Emery was brilliant. Arteta didn't handle him properly since he took over...that is obvious for any knowledge football fan.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
The problem with Martinelli is that we seem to have shunted him to LW, a bit like we did with Auba, where they're always going to be less effective. You want both of them in and around the penalty box.

The minutes Gabi was receiving in the Europa/League Cup when we first signed him, he was looking like a world class number 9 in the making. I don't mind him perhaps learning a bit more about the game playing LW but long term his future has got to be CF. That means I'd be hesitant signing any striker right now.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Right now Tammy is a better goalscoring striker than Martinelli, its just facts from what we've seen from both of them over the past couple of years.

Martinelli may turn into that guy, he may not, Abraham is currently a good goalscorer. Still wouldn't want him, but for anyone saying just start Martinelli or Balogun you need to engage and think about why that wouldn't work.

Greenwood for example is a gargantuan talent for United. Yet they resigned Cavani and are still wanting a main striker whos older than Greenwood, why do you think that is?
The comparison is off, because Tammy is 23 and Cavani is 34. The passing of the torch is much clearer in the case of the latter.

The minutes Gabi was receiving in the Europa/League Cup when we first signed him, he was looking like a world class number 9 in the making. I don't mind him perhaps learning a bit more about the game playing LW but long term his future has got to be CF. That means I'd be hesitant signing any striker right now.
Agreed completely. It'll be a major disappointment for me if Martinelli isn't thought of as our CF for the future. Van Persie initially began to receive playing time as a LW for us, and then transitioned into CF where he became world class. Hopefully Martinelli follows a similar path, ideally quicker than RvP.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
The comparison is off, because Tammy is 23 and Cavani is 34. The passing of the torch is much clearer in the case of the latter.

Agreed completely. It'll be a major disappointment for me if Martinelli isn't thought of as our CF for the future. Van Persie initially began to receive playing time as a LW for us, and then transitioned into CF where he became world class. Hopefully Martinelli follows a similar path, ideally quicker than RvP did.
Van Persie was always a very skillful/tricky player, who also had good combination play with his teammate. That’s why he could play almost anywhere else on the pitch (as long as it’s an attacking position).

Martinelli looks more like a poacher. Limited poachers have no future. He needs to learn how to play as a false 9, or wide forward to create for the team, instead of waiting to be fed. I’m sure he can learn all that from playing in those positions.

daron christie

If we weren’t signing Ben White and not being so heavily linked with Maddison I wouldn’t pay his any attention but it looks like we’re going for young English proven PL players with sell on value.

The temperament of the team has been in question for a while now…but with Saka, ESR and Theirney the only guys showing guts and fighting spirit last season I think this might happen..

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Nobody would care if he was a Chelsea reject if his price wasn’t so high or he was an exceptional talent, which he’s clearly not. We have 4 strikers at the club.

Wenger signed Adebayor for 6M and made him on par with Drogba. You can find and sign these types without wanting to spend 40M on an average talent who isn’t wanted at his club, where he trains day in, day out.
I agree their are valid reasons to not to be supportive but there are people saying (including Clive) that we can’t buy from Chelsea again after Willan and Luiz, it’s sending the wrong message about us competing with Chelsea when we buy their rejects etc I don’t buy this as a decent argument.

Last edited:

Halcyon Daze

Surely you aren't using one moment to compare two players ffs.

Greenwood is no gargantuan talent ffs, get a grip. Talented, yes. But gargantuan is ridiculous. Also, Tammy is gash. Couldn’t care less about statistics. Martinelli in terms of potential is streets ahead.

Token Yank

I agree their are valid reasons to not to be supportive but there are people saying (including Clive) that we can’t buy from Chelsea again after Willan and Luiz, it’s sending the wrong message about us competing with Chelsea when we buy their rejects etc I don’t buy this as a decent argument.
Who cares? If the value is right and the staff all rate the player highly I don't care about the context. I would rather have a decent relationship with a rival than burn bridges.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Van Persie was always a very skillful/tricky player, who also had good combination play with his teammate. That’s why he could play almost anywhere else on the pitch (as long as it’s an attacking position).

Martinelli looks more like a poacher. Limited poachers have no future. He needs to learn how to play as a false 9, or wide forward to create for the team, instead of waiting to be fed. I’m sure he can learn all that from playing in those positions.
Lack of football knowledge. Marinelli style is ruthless. He is a very good dribbler and usually skins the man marking him. Don't need him to be a Bergkamp. Prefer him as a Ronaldo.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Lack of football knowledge. Marinelli style is ruthless. He is a very good dribbler and usually skins the man marking him. Don't need him to be a Bergkamp. Prefer him as a Ronaldo.
This is a good dribbler. Of course I wouldn’t mind Martinelli to become as good as him.
Whether it is Martinelli or not, we need a Bergkamp anyway.

Last edited:

Goonger

The problem with Martinelli is that we seem to have shunted him to LW, a bit like we did with Auba, where they're always going to be less effective. You want both of them in and around the penalty box.

Im not sure he's a definite centre forward yet, the lad himself sees himself as a wide man, he prefers starting off from the wide position, & most of his first team games have been from there.

Perhaps he can transition to centre forward over the next couple of years, but he has a lot to learn in that position. He looked lost the last time he played their in the league a few months back.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Im not sure he's a definite centre forward yet, the lad himself sees himself as a wide man, he prefers starting off from the wide position, & most of his first team games have been from there.

Perhaps he can transition to centre forward over the next couple of years, but he has a lot to learn in that position. He looked lost the last time he played their in the league a few months back.

All the best football we've seen from him has come from CF, I'm talking those Europa/League Cup performances. That's basically how he developed his reputation as a big talent which had the likes of Klopp and Ronaldinho raving about him. Obviously injuries haven't helped since then either and I'm not going to judge him to harshly on one 60 minute showing towards the end of the season.

When he did get a run of games up front early in his time with us he was showing everything you want to see in a 9, good finishing, great in the air, presses non stop and his movement in the box is very intelligent. You stick him on the LW he suffers from the same problems Auba has out there in that they can't influence the game as they're not creative players.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
All the best football we've seen from him has come from CF, I'm talking those Europa/League Cup performances. That's basically how he developed his reputation as a big talent which had the likes of Klopp and Ronaldinho raving about him. Obviously injuries haven't helped since then either and I'm not going to judge him to harshly on one 60 minute showing towards the end of the season.

When he did get a run of games up front early in his time with us he was showing everything you want to see in a 9, good finishing, great in the air, presses non stop and his movement in the box is very intelligent. You stick him on the LW he suffers from the same problems Auba has out there in that they can't influence the game as they're not creative players.
Well done.
You have spotted their weaknesses (Martinelli is slightly better than auba). And that’s exactly what Martinelli has to improve on. He has talent, so I have faith in him developing into a player more than just a useless poacher (he is already more than that).

Last edited:

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Oh sweet baby Christ not this again. Look, Tammy is a good striker, and I mean that. But why are doing this again? How do you think someone like Balogun would feel about this? He has never been closer than now to being a first team regular and now Tammy has blocked his path. I was on record saying I wouldn't mind if Isak came because I genuinely believe he is special but not Tammy ffs.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Abraham looks like an actor in a comedy series, breaking the fourth wall, in the picture they used of him.

(look into camera) "Loan with an obligation to buy, really..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom