• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tammy Abraham

Do you want Tammy at Arsenal?

• Yes

Votes: 20 27.0%
  • No

Votes: 34 45.9%
  • Don't care either

Votes: 20 27.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Is there any reason why the club can't get intermediaries to find a new club for Lacazette? Why do they have to wait for someone to come to them with an offer?
How do you know they aren’t? His agent is probably working and isn’t coming to the club with anything which suggests there is nothing going on.

You have an older player on big wages, in the COVID era nobody is touching that. Nobody was really touching him when he was young, it’s only downhill from here.

Nobody is thinking “wow we’ve got Laca, we’ll do some damage”, he’s like a burden now.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
How do you know they aren’t? His agent is probably working and isn’t coming to the club with anything which suggests there is nothing going on.
Because there haven't been any real links for him leaving. If they were touting him around Europe, we'd know about it.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Could imagine Abraham will wait one year to sign for us.

So we should play hardball here. Surely we won't fulfill Chelsea expectations, so next year he only would have one year left on his contract.
Depends on selling Lacazette anyway and i don't see him leaving this summer.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Could imagine Abraham will wait one year to sign for us.

So we should play hardball here. Surely we won't fulfill Chelsea expectations, so next year he only would have one year left on his contract.
Depends on selling Lacazette anyway and i don't see him leaving this summer.
Very very average striker if he’s replacing Auba and Laca next summer. He’s nearly 24 now and shown no outstanding capabilities.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Very very average striker if he’s replacing Auba and Laca next summer. He’s nearly 24 now and shown no outstanding capabilities.

How can you score more league goals for a big team than Lacazette has ever done in an Arsenal shirt in a single season but be very very average? He's worthy of replacing Lacazette, pretty much.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

Arsenal interested in Chelsea’s Tammy Abraham – but move dependent on outgoings​

Arsenal are interested in signing Tammy Abraham from Chelsea

By James McNicholas 1h ago
comment-icon.png
save-icon.png

Arsenal are interested in signing Chelsea striker Tammy Abraham.
The 23-year-old England international is admired by several influential voices within the club, including manager Mikel Arteta, and The Athletic understands he is a potential target in this summer’s transfer window.
The possibility of signing a centre-forward has been floated in Arsenal’s transfer strategy discussions for months, largely because of the problematic contract situations of some of their current options. The Athletic has already reported on the club’s longstanding interest in Real Sociedad’s Alexander Isak, but the Swedish international signed a new contract until 2026 earlier this summer.
That has pushed Abraham’s name up the agenda. Abraham fell out of favour under Thomas Tuchel last season, playing just 17 minutes in the final three months of the campaign. A player with aspirations of reclaiming his England place is unlikely to tolerate that for much longer.
Abraham is understood to be aware of Arsenal’s interest, and would be open to the prospect of a move across London. To mitigate against the substantial cost, Arsenal’s preference would be to strike a loan deal, although Chelsea are understood to be keen to extract a fee of around £40 million.
Any move for Abraham is likely, therefore, to be dependent on outgoings. Arsenal already have a number of striking options at their disposal. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is just one season into the three-year deal he signed in the summer of 2020. Folarin Balogun signed a new long-term contract in April, and has been earmarked for a role in the senior squad this season. Gabriel Martinelli is another young player who will hope for substantial game time in the attacking third.
The futures of Alexandre Lacazette and Eddie Nketiah, however, are less clear. Both players have just 12 months remaining on their existing contracts, so will be free to leave for nothing in 2022. Arsenal have sought to remedy that situation in the case of Nketiah by offering him a new contract. However, without assurances over his long-term future, he has been unwilling to sign.
The likelihood is he will be sold this summer, with Arsenal fielding interest from England and Germany.
Eddie Nketiah is yet to sign a new Arsenal contract (Photo: Getty Images)

Eddie Nketiah is yet to sign a new Arsenal contract (Photo: Getty Images)
For Arsenal to bring in a new No 9, the likelihood is that Lacazette would also need to leave. Although a valuable member of Arsenal’s squad, the club recognise his contractual situation is not healthy. There is then a willingness to let him leave — if an appropriate offer arrives.
In that instance, Abraham is considered an attractive option to replace him. The Chelsea forward is more than six years younger than the Frenchman, and could form part of the Arsenal attack for years to come.
Arteta and technical director Edu have spent the summer targeting players they feel can contribute in the mid-to-long term. It is hoped the likes of Albert Sambi Lokonga, Ben White and Aaron Ramsdale will join Bukayo Saka, Emile Smith Rowe and others as part of a new youthful core. In that respect, Abraham would appear to be a good fit.
Crucially, from a stylistic perspective he also offers something different to Arsenal’s existing pool of strikers.

GDeep™

League is very weak
How can you score more league goals for a big team than Lacazette has ever done in an Arsenal shirt in a single season but be very very average? He's worthy of replacing Lacazette, pretty much.
Where are you getting your stats from? Laca has scored nearly 1 in 2.2 for us in the league, while Tammy is 1 in 3 for Chelsea.

I’m talking starting at Arsenal. He’s not good enough.

Why you so defensive here? You like Tammy or because we are linked and you constantly want to defend the club?

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Watkins had his first season in the PL too last season and instantly scored 14 goals (5+ assists) in a even weaker team than us. Abraham had much better stats in the Championsship compared to Watkins and has shown his quality in the PL too if Lampard trusted him.

People actings like 23 is already old ffs, not everyone is a supertalent with 18-20. The reality is were are out of the CL since years and finished 8th. If we could replace Laca and Eddie with Abraham, it's a quite good deal for us.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Where are you getting your stats from? Laca has scored nearly 1 in 2.2 for us in the league, while Tammy is 1 in 3 for Chelsea.

I’m talking starting at Arsenal. He’s not good enough.

Why you so defensive here? You like Tammy or because we are linked and you constantly want to defend the club?

"In a single season".

I just think its harsh to say a quality player is very very average. I like Tammy, and agree he probably wouldn't be a starter, but there's a line when talking about a player. And I just think you crossed it that's all.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Watkins had his first season in the PL too last season and instantly scored 14 goals (5+ assists) in a even weaker team than us. Abraham had much better stats in the Championsship compared to Watkins and has shown his quality in the PL too if Lampard trusted him.

People actings like 23 is already old ffs, not everyone is a supertalent with 18-20. The reality is were are out of the CL since years and finished 8th. If we could replace Laca and Eddie with Abraham, it's a quite good deal for us.
What impresses you most about him? I don’t see any great qualities outside his height and pace, maybe.

He’ll be replacing Auba too, not Laca. Auba is getting older, will be at the end of his deal next year and isn’t really fancied at CF by Arteta.

Nobody is saying he’s old either, his age is mentioned because he’s 24 soon and has never passed the eye test.

Has anyone ever watched Abraham and said “wow”, if so please quote me and tell me.

GDeep™

League is very weak
"In a single season".

I just think its harsh to say a quality player is very very average. I like Tammy, and agree he probably wouldn't be a starter, but there's a line when talking about a player. And I just think you crossed it that's all.
So we both agree he isn’t a starter at Arsenal. So we both agree.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
So we both agree he isn’t a starter at Arsenal. So we both agree.

It needs to be put into context. 8th-4th challenging Arsenal? Could be a starter here yes. But for anything more no, he doesn't have the ceiling and I said that when we were first linked to him.

But we do have to put things into perspective and accept where we are which is out of Europe completely.

GDeep™

League is very weak
It needs to be put into context. 8th-4th challenging Arsenal? Could be a starter here yes. But for anything more no, he doesn't have the ceiling and I said that when we were first linked to him.

But we do have to put things into perspective and accept where we are which is out of Europe completely.
“Accept where we are”

What’s this new bollocks you guys are posting?

If you have money, you can find and sign quality. We shouldn’t accept mediocrity.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
What impresses you most about him? I don’t see any great qualities outside his height and pace, maybe.

He’ll be replacing Auba too, not Laca. Auba is getting older, will be at the end of his deal next year and isn’t really fancied at CF by Arteta.

Nobody is saying he’s old either, his age is mentioned because he’s 24 soon and has never passed the eye test.

Has anyone ever watched Abraham and said “wow”, if so please quote me and tell me.

Had to do it again 🤷‍♂️

Shout out to Tammy Abraham, that was a spectacular goal, loved everything about it.

Abraham is one of the best strikers in the league.

Never in doubt from Abraham. Such a nice move, all Willian.

Abraham is one of the best young strikers in Europe.

11 goals and 2 assists for Tammy Abraham.

Better than many strikers at the top clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom