• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tammy Abraham

Do you want Tammy at Arsenal?

• Yes

Votes: 20 27.0%
  • No

Votes: 34 45.9%
  • Don't care either

Votes: 20 27.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexs

We're completely irrelevant to Chelsea, even if Abraham improves us it's not gonna matter to Chelsea at all.
I remember when Chelsea were completely irrelevant to us. I went to Stamford Bridge, watched us beat their crappy team on their crappy ground. I'm older than any player obviously but I doubt many of them don't know that Arsenal have some pedigree and class. We will rise again (when Arteta and Kroenke have gone, we're much bigger than these half wits).

Gin and tonic post influence warning

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Let’s not do this again, you were all over the Cedric/Mari thing.
I told you Arteta's justification for signing them, which you've somehow managed to spin into me wanting to sign them. It's actually ridiculous when I think about it.
You also mocked the people who wanted to keep Emi.
I mocked people like you who were writing emotional essays on here because Arteta sold a player that rejected a new contract with less than two years remaining.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Cole was an interesting one. Most thought his touch was poor but had a sneaky suspicion he might be a success. Vela was another, watched him carefully do almost nothing. By far the most bizarre, for me, was Clive Allen who we sold in order to buy Kenny Sansom before he'd even kicked a ball.

Cole is a good example of a limited goal-scorer thriving in the right set up. It's a difficult comparison to make now because you don't really get strike partnerships up top in the same way now. I'd ideally want Arsenal to go for a more rounded CF if Laca goes but could definitely do worse than Tammy. Pretty low risk that he bombs completely. You just worry about his ceiling as well.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I told you Arteta's justification for signing them, which you've somehow managed to spin into me wanting to sign them. It's actually ridiculous when I think about it.

I mocked people like you who were writing emotional essays on here because Arteta sold a player that rejected a new contract with less than two years remaining.
What do you think about Tammy anyway, just in general, you like him for Arsenal?

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
The problem i have with Tammy is i don't see anything special in his game, i don't see any stand out quality to say yes, if he can improve attribute x to go with attribute y, he'll be a hell of a striker.

Like Lukaku for example, he always had the pace, but not the composure or touch, but the pace was there as a foundation.

Calvert Lewin for example, very limited outside the box, not an especially complete finisher, more of a poacher, but, he's dominant in the air and has incredible physical attributes - something to work with.

With Abraham, you look at him, not especially fast, not especially strong, doesn't hold up the ball well, can have an awkward touch, awkward shooting technique, not great in the air, but enough of a handful to get goals. I don't see an attribute he has that stands out.

GDeep™

League is very weak
The problem i have with Tammy is i don't see anything special in his game, i don't see any stand out quality to say yes, if he can improve attribute x to go with attribute y, he'll be a hell of a striker.

Like Lukaku for example, he always had the pace, but not the composure or touch, but the pace was there as a foundation.

Calvert Lewin for example, very limited outside the box, not an especially complete finisher, more of a poacher, but, he's dominant in the air and has incredible physical attributes - something to work with.

With Abraham, you look at him, not especially fast, not especially strong, doesn't hold up the ball well, can have an awkward touch, awkward shooting technique, not great in the air, but enough of a handful to get goals. I don't see an attribute he has that stands out.
But but he scored 13 goals 2 years ago…

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Cole was an interesting one. Most thought his touch was poor but had a sneaky suspicion he might be a success. Vela was another, watched him carefully do almost nothing. By far the most bizarre, for me, was Clive Allen who we sold in order to buy Kenny Sansom before he'd even kicked a ball.
Yeah the Vela hype was strong similar to Martinelli but thankfully Gabby has done more 👌.
Clive Allen was he not bought for big money at the time and then moved on straight away. Must have been either a falling out with the manager or he just didnt fancy him?
God the internet would be in total meltdown if that happened today.
Imagine not giving a highly rated striker a chance and replacing him with a full back 🤣

Alexs

I guess Google will know much more than me but it was very strange to buy a £1m striker from Crystal Palace and then almost immediately swap him for a full back. As you say, the internet would go berserk.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant

I kind of get what you are saying but maybe he is just a decent enough forward who can improve.
Adebayor didnt really have any stand out qualities but did well enough.
Giroud certainly didnt when he arrived. He was pretty much a lower league French plodder but he did fine. They both developed.

Abraham has shown more at a young age than those 2

GDeep™

League is very weak
I kind of get what you are saying but maybe he is just a decent enough forward who can improve.
Adebayor didnt really have any stand out qualities but did well enough.
Giroud certainly didnt when he arrived. He was pretty much a lower league French plodder but he did fine. They both developed.

Abraham has shown more at a young age than those 2
Not sure about the last bit, Ade at 25 was showing Drogba like form, while Giroud 24/25 was winning the league with Montpellier in France.

Good player, but wouldn’t you want someone abit more special to replace Auba? Hard to find a striker though, I’ll accept that.

Wenger made Ade a monster btw, wow. That performance away to Utd has to be one of the best CF performances I have seen from a young striker, think that was very early in his career, Cesc got the winner. Don’t think Tammy has that X factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom