• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tammy Abraham

Do you want Tammy at Arsenal?

• Yes

Votes: 20 27.0%
  • No

Votes: 34 45.9%
  • Don't care either

Votes: 20 27.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I hear you - that said, I'm not really too enamoured with how Auba and Laca looked in the last couple games though. Although Laca looks quite a bit sharper than Auba strangely, but I don't think that's gonna bear out as well as I'd like it too.

Personally, I still think this season should be the rise of Balogun, but I am not optimistic that it will happen primarily because Arteta wouldn't do it.
That's why I am a bit relaxed about Auba and Laca - if they are really as bad as everyone thinks they are going to be then we have Balogun and hopefully Martinelli there. Balogun has been talking a lot, so this season will be his chance to back it up.

If Wenger was still here Auba wouldn't even be playing these friendlies, a pro like Auba I can't really take preseason to heart. Will see what he is saying once the season starts.

Tammy Abraham, we need to allow it and move on from these type of players. Martinez or nothing.

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot

Looks like Tammy out, Lukaku in.

If we're really interested to buy Martinez, need to act fast.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I think Abraham is pretty good, but in no world should he be starring for a team who have Auba on their books. Auba isn't a 50k a week winger, but on firm is a 300k a week striker for us. You can't be spending 40m on a back up striker.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Not sure Atlanta would offer enough for Abraham. They’d have to double their transfer record. Doesn’t really seem their style to spend that much on one player. @yousif_arsenal what do you think? Would they spend €35-40m on one player?

Surely wages would be the problem for them, a club like West Ham in the PL could probably pay far higher wages than Atalanta in Serie A even though they're in the CL.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Just to add to that he said Chelsea won’t push Abraham to do them a favour, as in accept the Atlanta move so Inter get their replacement and Chelsea get Lukaku. I don’t think he’ll accept the Atlanta move while we’re still a possibility.
Yeah he’s a Gunner iirc and will take his chances to play at the carpet. This is actually one thing I feel is underestimated with Abraham. While it’s no guarantee for him becoming a successful signing I think he’d play for the shirt.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Think Abraham is getting under-rated a bit on here to be honest. Lot's of people seem to want Ivan Toney who is older with no PL goal record (yet). The stats you posted on his aerial game were quite interesting as well. He's not the striker I'd go for to replace Laca, but if Auba was leaving he would be a fairly safe bet I think. I get that he's he's an underwhelming name though - links to Chelsea etc. Think he's be a good backup / bench striker if that makes sense.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
If we did go for Tammy, it would have to be conditional. Two are those conditions being that he isn't our marquee signing and he is back up for Auba.

Tammy, Balogun, Martinelli, Saka and ESR as young forwards is a lot to build around. Only Balogun is unproven.

The question is, would having Tammy benefit us more than having Eddie and Laca? I think so.

Let's get a back up GK and creative spark first though please.

pikey2000

If we did go for Tammy, it would have to be conditional. Two are those conditions being that he isn't our marquee signing and he is back up for Auba.

Tammy, Balogun, Martinelli, Saka and ESR as young forwards is a lot to build around. Only Balogun is unproven.

The question is, would having Tammy benefit us more than having Eddie and Laca? I think so.

Let's get a back up GK and creative spark first though please.
I've watched Tammy in person for Bristol City in a season where we were ok and he carried us with 25+ goals in 48 appearances or something along those lines, lot more to his game than just being a poacher although he was still raw, went on to get a similar amount of goals for Villa and then had a good season at Chelsea in the prem, he's streets ahead of Nketieh at this stage, who hasn't even had what you could call a successful loan spell at a championship club, also whilst his all round game is not as good as Laca, probably his hold up play being the only place where Laca beats him, in terms of goal output i'd hang my hat on Tammy beating Laca most seasons.

So IF we sold Laca and Nketieh i'd take Tammy as a replacement in a heart beat.

the other positive is he's ONLY a striker, so none of this option of pushing him wide like Auba, you buy him and play him through the middle, not even Tet's can overcomplicate that right?

Dont think this will happen though, he'll move on somewhere else and we will be left trying to find a striker next year when the likes of Ings, Tammy are gone and your Lukaku's, Halaands etc are way out of our league, we'll firmly be banking on Martinelli/Balogun or maybe TJJ coming good.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Just to add to that he said Chelsea won’t push Abraham to do them a favour, as in accept the Atlanta move so Inter get their replacement and Chelsea get Lukaku. I don’t think he’ll accept the Atlanta move while we’re still a possibility.
Atalanta does play CL football though which I presume would be attractive to Tammy.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Anyone find it surprising that his name is Kevin? And, his brother is named Jason. Yet they go by Tammy and Timmy. Maybe I'm late to the party on this one.

African Flair

Nice. I'd be thrilled for this opportunity if I were in Tammy's shoes. 20 goals there can't be hard to hit for him in that team. Here he would struggle to hit five.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It's waste of time if we can't even get of Eddie let alone laca not sure what the teams waiting for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom