• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tammy Abraham

Do you want Tammy at Arsenal?

• Yes

Votes: 20 27.0%
  • No

Votes: 34 45.9%
  • Don't care either

Votes: 20 27.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Let’s see how the club manage to **** this one up. A young striker they want is up for sale and wants to come here but they might miss out :facepalm:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

From what I hear people say about Tammy, he sounds nothing like Welbeck, tbh.

Danny could kinda do most things you would want a striker to do, but had no killer instinct at all...while Tammy has a good goals to game ratio, but his all-round game sounds poor.

Abraham sounds closer to Auba, than Welbz.

I seriously don't know where the Welbeck comparison even came from. Basically they're both tall/lanky and black and play forward. It's lazy with serious racist undertones. Abraham is a pure striker, Welbeck was always more a support forward who'd play wide a lot.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
For once I’m praying Laca and Nketiah stay for a bit longer. Hopefully we move them out by the end of the window and get Martinez/Vlahovic instead. And yes, normally I’d argue for buying the already established PL player over the foreign name, but Tammy and Ramsdale is where I draw the line.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Not sure how we shift Lacazette to make room honestly. He’d be silly to leave considering his situation. No club that can afford his £180k a week wages will want him, he’d have to take a wage cut when next summer he could probably get a 3-4 year deal on the same money.

It’s not like he’ll be left out in the cold either if he stays, he’ll play plenty of games as Teta has shown.

Vanpayslip

I do need it pointed out. Where's the evidence and what's it comparable against. Please work away.

Luiz, Cedric and Willian all offered lucrative contracts beyond their ability under Arteta. Specifically for Willian and Luiz - they took a place in the team where a youngster was available that in all probability would have performed no worse and possibly even better.

Surprised you had to ask. It’s very obvious.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I don't get it. If you want him, just get him and sort out Laca/Eddie later. Wtf do you think Chelsea are doing after buying Lukaku ffs.

Unless we have another main target in that position which I doubt.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
ALSO surely Roma actually flying out to sort this out is pretty telling. I can't imagine he turns them down if it's the only offer.

Unless Mikel has genuinely told him to wait. In which case I can see us playing 7D chess to get Laca to Roma.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Luiz, Cedric and Willian all offered lucrative contracts beyond their ability under Arteta. Specifically for Willian and Luiz - they took a place in the team where a youngster was available that in all probability would have performed no worse and possibly even better.

Surprised you had to ask. It’s very obvious.
Interesting. Luiz was signed by who? And who in the squad was a better ball playing centre half than him? And which youngster did he keep out? Presumably you'll say Saliba? Wouldn't it be Holding that kept him out considering Luiz was the better ball playing centre half?

Cedric, brought in as a back up. Also brought in at the age of 28 so not someone typically classed as old or in decline. 28 I'd consider to be at peak. But again let's play along. Who did he keep out? Amn? He doesnt want to play full back.

Willian is a so so situation. He got offered a lot of money for sure. But we finished the season with Pepe (our club record signing) and Saka (a young academy player) taking the wide spots. So not sure he kept anyone out. He was brought in as an option and was used as such.

You've listed 3 players out of a squad of 24. That means 92% of players are not in the bracket you've mentioned.

Let's go the other way and look at how many young/ academy players were given game time under Arteta.

Saka, Esr, Martinelli, Nketiah, Willock, AMN, Balogun, Nelson, Azeez and Cottrel all got game time at various stages throughout the season.

Let's also look at Arteta's signings since being in charge.

Ben White (23 years old)
Lokonga (21 years old)
Tavares (21 years old)
Ødegaard (22 years old)
Partey (27 years old)
Gabriel (22 years old)
Mari (26 years old)
Runarsson (25 years old)
Ceballos (24 years old)
Cedric (28 years old)
Willian (32 years old)
Matt Ryan (28 years old)

The average age of these signings 22.7 years old. Hardly coincides with your Arteta likes old players, past their best and in terminal decline. The available evidence suggests the opposite is true.

I absolutely get lots of people don't like Arteta. There are things I don't like about him but so much said about him simply isn't true. It boils down to 2 or 3 players (Saliba, Guendouzi normally and throw in an academy player of your choice). Personally I'm backing the manager over those two. We've heard the Saliba deal was dodgy and Raul has been swiftly let go and Guendouzi has been a problem everywhere. We have a massive squad and can only pick 11 players to start games. We can't appease everyone but we try our best to do so. Most young players via an academy simply aren't good enough to play for a top team straight away and thats seen through comparable numbers elsewhere.

If you've got this far thanks for reading :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom