• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tammy Abraham

Do you want Tammy at Arsenal?

• Yes

Votes: 20 27.0%
  • No

Votes: 34 45.9%
  • Don't care either

Votes: 20 27.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You mean 3 months ago?

View attachment 3969

What changed over the summer when he hasn’t kicked a ball?
We’re talking about cash plus two young players for Sp**s there, that’s a good deal as you’re getting two good young players.

That still doesn’t mean I’ll want Tammy here. You’re really stretching here. I’m sure 3 months ago I also said Ieanacho looks very good, doesn’t mean today I’ll want him either.

GDeep™

League is very weak
This happens every summer, you guys get defensive over an average player and we finish 8th.

Why wouldn’t i want Tammy for any other reason than me not rating him for Arsenal? The striker standard for Arsenal is higher than nearly every club in the world, no club has had the back to back quality strikers we’ve had since Wright.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
We’re talking about cash plus two young players for Sp**s there, that’s a good deal as you’re getting two good young players.

That still doesn’t mean I’ll want Tammy here. You’re really stretching here. I’m sure 3 months ago I also said Ieanacho looks very good, doesn’t mean today I’ll want him either.

You just called him average, three months ago he was a very very good young player. I know it’s your “thing” to **** on most stuff related to the team but even this is a bit diabolical for you.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Having a striker who is the main penalty taker is a good thing. Scoring 21 goals for Fiorentina is no easy thing to do. Probably off a lower xg. With our chance creation lacking we need someone who can take chances and attack the box.

Abraham is fast and good in the air, but he really doesn't attack the ball. 24 in October and Vlahovic is 21.

Arteta will go for Abraham due to the adaptation period and looking after his own career. Vlahovic has the higher ceiling.

I like Tammy, just not sure he has the aggressiveness to turn into an Adebayor.
I think I'm defending Tammy more because he's underrated than because I really like him... but...

Yeah sure, penalties are fine, but Laca and Pepe are both very accomplished at them so it's not like the team is crying out for a penalty taker. Winning penalties obviously hugely helps the team. FBREF have a stat for this and Vlahovic won 2 of those 6 I think from memory.

Bear in mind that the season we are comparing Abraham to Vlaovic he was 22, there isn't a huge age difference and he also has a track record of two big goalscoring seasons in the Championship.

As you say, Abraham is the quicker of the two and style wise seems closer to Auba (but more of a box striker). Personally, I have a hunch that Vlahovic has the greater ceiling as well - his goals remind me a bit of a young Shearer. He would be a big gamble though whereas Abraham is probably a surer bet with a lower ceiling.

If I was in charge I'd probably prioritise a top central mid or a right-back and keep Laca for a season anyway to be honest.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

You literally said: "Those are two very very good young players." And you claimed you rated him only 2 years ago, not recently. Also on page 59 today you said Abraham is average player. I also wonder what has changed in 3 months so he went from "very very good" to "average", when he hasn't even played competively. :lol:

You're just something else. Not sure why people say they rate you so much as a poster. I guess it's easy to look good when you say all the possible things and lie about your earlier posts. People are gullible.

Kysus

We need better than Chelski's 4th choice striker if we wanna get back into the Top4 anytime soon.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You just called him average, three months ago he was a very very good young player. I know it’s your “thing” to **** on most stuff related to the team but even this is a bit diabolical for you.
There you go getting defensive again, you do this every summer, and you told me you aren’t even fussed about Abraham.

I can call a player very good and still think he’d be an average signing for us. You’re really knit picking and reaching.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You literally said: "Those are two very very good young players." And you claimed you rated him only 2 years ago, not recently. Also on page 59 today you said Abraham is average player. I also wonder what has changed in 3 months so he went from "very very good" to "average", when he hasn't even played competively. :lol:

You're just something else. Not sure why people say they rate you so much as a poster. I guess it's easy to look good when you say all the possible things and lie about your earlier posts. People are gullible.
It’s not that deep Drippin, put me on ignore and enjoy your AM experience.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think I'm defending Tammy more because he's underrated than because I really like him... but...

Yeah sure, penalties are fine, but Laca and Pepe are both very accomplished at them so it's not like the team is crying out for a penalty taker. Winning penalties obviously hugely helps the team. FBREF have a stat for this and Vlahovic won 2 of those 6 I think from memory.

Bear in mind that the season we are comparing Abraham to Vlaovic he was 22, there isn't a huge age difference and he also has a track record of two big goalscoring seasons in the Championship.

As you say, Abraham is the quicker of the two and style wise seems closer to Auba (but more of a box striker). Personally, I have a hunch that Vlahovic has the greater ceiling as well - his goals remind me a bit of a young Shearer. He would be a big gamble though whereas Abraham is probably a surer bet with a lower ceiling.

If I was in charge I'd probably prioritise a top central mid or a right-back and keep Laca for a season anyway to be honest.
The big difference is the teams they play in. Chelsea are on a different planet to Fiorentina.

Abraham scored 15 of their 69 goals.

Vlahovic scored 21 of 47 goals.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Why would i be against Abraham for any other reason than me not rating him? You guys keep saying I like to go against the grain but I never done that with Partey, White, Lokongo etc?

drippin

The big difference is the teams they play in. Chelsea are on a different planet to Fiorentina.

Abraham scored 15 of their 69 goals.

Vlahovic scored 21 of 47 goals.
EPL is also on a different planet compared to Serie A. You're counting all the penalty goals, which can be debated. Abraham had zero penalty goals, and Jorginho is the one who takes them.

drippin

The same people who were defensive about Cedric, Mari, Willian etc are now having a cry about a player they tell me they aren’t even fussed about.

Same **** every summer.
Lol, nice try to avert your lying and changing your tune about players totally in 3 months' time.

This is not about the player, but your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom