<

$tan Kroenke Becomes Sole Owner

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by OnlyOne, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Preacher

Preacher Always Crying

F*** off moustache.

2. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

He owns 100% of the club. He owes money. The stadium and club are an asset. Mmmm........

3. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

I think its a lot different when you don't have full ownership of something.

If I owned 70% stake in a billion pound business and I knew some other guy wanted to buy me out I wouldn't put any money into that business until I was the full owner, otherwise you could just be losing big cash, we aren't talking thousands we're talking multi millions. If you're going to invest in transfers its go big or go home in this market. As a businessman Kroenke has done what you'd expect. Although none of us agree with it, from his point of view I understand.

Now he has full ownership, again, as a business man he should be thinking if I add investment now, if we do genuinely win the PL or CL at some point in the next 5 years, then I'll be a lot better off.

4. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

On the other hand the massive loan he's taking out could genuinely ruin us.

5. Gursha

Gursha Well-Known Member

I was an all out kronke out when wenger was here.

The timing of this is so bad, shows the guy doesnt know a thing about football and how much it means to us, its all business to him.

But in spite all of that, im not willing to fall into negativity again, specially not when we are at the dawn of a new era, i will give this takeover time to prove itself, maybe now with no internal conflicts he will do better? ill give him the benefit of the doubt.

When he proves he hasnt changed and even worsen with all his new privileges than ill support protesting

NieThePiet and Flying Okapis like this.
  6. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Well isn't like he gave us zero money to spend our failure in last 10 years it's was because of poor management from Wenger and refusing to improve the team. Because since 2013 we spent like 350-400M on transfers

7. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

He has had effective control for years. The reason he hasn't invested in the club is that he doesn't believe in it. He believes in keeping things ticking but not in trying to be one of the world's best teams because as you say "he is a businessman". He doesn't like "soccer", he is not an Arsenal fan. He worships money and he wants the Arsenal because he wants more money.

So the only "investment" that will come into the Arsenal is a proportion of whatever operating profits Arsenal makes. The rest will go into his vaults and there will be no new money. Being optimistic is one thing but not seeing how things are shaping up is being an ostrich. The guy has a track record on this.

Gooner Zig and Ricardinho like this.
  8. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

Please point out to me, with supporting references, what evidence you have that Kronke has "given" Arsenal anything.

9. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

Tbf to Kroenke, the club has been preaching the self-sustainable model for a long time now. Spend only what you earn

10. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

Yep, which is why he weaselled his way in. But we know the self-sustainable model is dead at the top of football.

Self-sustainable is for Forest Green Rovers.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    Gooner Zig, North5 and m-due like this.
  11. yousif_arsenal

I don't know he maybe didn't give arsenal the full support financially. But I'm willing to see what he'll do now he own the club. If continue to get bad there is that Nigerian billionaire will try to buy the club soon anyway

12. Dammit

Dammit Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see Usmanov going to Everton and knock us out even from top 6.

Zaza likes this.
  13. yousif_arsenal

14. Tosker

Tosker Does Not Hate Foreigners

I'm content to wait for some impartial analysis as to what this means for the club - meanwhile Josh taking over from Gazidis seems to me better for the club than a CEO at odds with the owner

15. Preacher

Preacher Always Crying

16. m-due

m-due Well-Known Member

All his sports franchises in the U.S are mediocre apart from the Hockey club [Colorado Avalanche] which experienced successes in his early years of ownership. They soon crumbled and became mediocre. Arsenal club is the pick of the crop out of his franchises in terms of prestige and honors. We will continue to be punching above our level for a while. I feel bad for the new manager.

17. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

I hope Usmanov really is an Arsenal fan and keeps his shares. If Arsenal go into private ownership is will be disaster, no viewable accounts, no BoD, he could even register the club in America, imagine that, Arsenal become American! (no offence to Americans on AM)

18. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

This will mark the end of Arsenal as we know it.

Sad sad day.

19. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

He didn't give Arsenal anything. He used his money to buy shares to achieve control. He then tested the waters by paying himself fees, there was an outcry. So he goes for full ownership where he can pay himself whatever he wants and not even tell anyone.

The Nigerian billionaire or whoever. Anyone but Kronkes.

20. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

Usmanov is not an Arsenal fan either. His only advantage was that he might have put money in the club.