• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

$tan Kroenke Becomes Soul Owner

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
This thread title is crying out to be changed!

$tan Kroenke Becomes (Ars)Sole Owner!

TheEconomist

Established Member
That's interesting.

I've wondered for a while if Emirates are still happy being associated with Arsenal. In my eyes they're a premium , luxury company who I expect great service from. It's at complete odds with this second rate poverty Arsenal that we have today. I'm guessing they are tied in to the stadium and shirt deal for a long time but I wouldn't be surprised if they dumped us when they get the chance

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
That's interesting.

I've wondered for a while if Emirates are still happy being associated with Arsenal. In my eyes they're a premium , luxury company who I expect great service from. It's at complete odds with this second rate poverty Arsenal that we have today. I'm guessing they are tied in to the stadium and shirt deal for a long time but I wouldn't be surprised if they dumped us when they get the chance
Saw some kind of documentary about them and they were happy to be associated with us. It works out at £33m shirt sponsorship per season. We're signed up until 2024. The stadium naming rights last until 2028 but I think that's linked to reduced loan repayments as opposed to money coming in. They sponsor about 8 teams, many with a lower profile than ours. We need to regain our position and match them in terms of stature. On another note, an owner like Abramovich would probably have bought out this contract and got us a better on...

fuzz

I'm not sure if this has been said, but this development is the worse because it was Wenger and the board that effectively supported Kroenke's initial involvement over Usmanov. The board didn't want to become a play thing of a Russian billionaire like Chelsea. A the same time David Dein (the most important figure in our success) was pro Usmanov as he recognise Usmanov's willingness to invest. I understand that the club wanted to differentiate themselves from clubs like Chelsea and in some sense I respect that, but it was hubris and even xenophobia in hindsight. Because of their decision to reject Usmanov for an American owner, we lost David Dein (mistake 1) and ended up becoming a play thing that may be self-sustaining, but in a world where that's not how clubs operate anymore (mistake 2). We are entirely anachronistic.

We complained about Wenger's stubbornness, but it is in fact the club as whole that's stubbornness has led us to this point. There is such a clear link between the David Dein departure and our failures it makes me sad.

Tony's nose

I'm not sure if this has been said, but this development is the worse because it was Wenger and the board that effectively supported Kroenke's initial involvement over Usmanov. The board didn't want to become a play thing of a Russian billionaire like Chelsea. A the same time David Dein (the most important figure in our success) was pro Usmanov as he recognise Usmanov's willingness to invest. I understand that the club wanted to differentiate themselves from clubs like Chelsea and in some sense I respect that, but it was hubris and even xenophobia in hindsight. Because of their decision to reject Usmanov for an American owner, we lost David Dein (mistake 1) and ended up becoming a play thing that may be self-sustaining, but in a world where that's not how clubs operate anymore (mistake 2). We are entirely anachronistic.

We complained about Wenger's stubbornness, but it is in fact the club as whole that's stubbornness has led us to this point. There is such a clear link between the David Dein departure and our failures it makes me sad.

You do realise who introduced kroenke to the club ??

David Dein

Last edited:

Tony's nose

He needs us for his beloved Rams empire good asset to have in your portfolio when building a small city.

He only goes if he loses iney here

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
David Dein brought Kronke in, the board didn't like it but it was because they were already agitating against Dein. They probably saw him as "not one of us" or "too ambitious" (ie Jewish).

The minute Kronke saw which way the wind was blowing he ditched Dein and the board suddenly liked him. Realising too late Kronke wasn't going to invest a sausage Dein then found Usmanov and the board was now happy to have Kronke as an ally.

Then Fiszman had his untimely death and that was more or less it as the others took the dirty money and abandoned the club.

Manberg

Predator
The only way we can get rid of Kroenke is if we go nasty, Liverpool style. Unfortunately Arsenal fans don’t have it in them and we’ll forever be stuck with Kroenke and his family as they milk money off us.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
David Dein brought Kronke in, the board didn't like it but it was because they were already agitating against Dein. They probably saw him as "not one of us" or "too ambitious" (ie Jewish).

The minute Kronke saw which way the wind was blowing he ditched Dein and the board suddenly liked him. Realising too late Kronke wasn't going to invest a sausage Dein then found Usmanov and the board was now happy to have Kronke as an ally.

Then Fiszman had his untimely death and that was more or less it as the others took the dirty money and abandoned the club.
Was it Nina Bracewell Smith who made Kroenke the majority owner? She sold the shares that shifted the power and has since regretted it if I recall correctly.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Was it Nina Bracewell Smith who made Kroenke the majority owner? She sold the shares that shifted the power and has since regretted it if I recall correctly.
If memory serves me well Kronke got the majority by purchasing the remaining shares from Fiszman's company after his death (it had been agreed beforehand) and then Lady Nina's.

So Lady Nina couldn't have stopped him getting a majority of over 50% but she could certainly have held back his taking over the club unless he bought Usmanov out and, maybe, by working with Usmanov she could have created a counter-balance in the board forcing Kronke to either work together with the other shareholders or, more likely, sell out and make a fat profit which is more his style.

Tony's nose

The only thing this money seeking has regretted is not making enough money
from her sale.
Im sure i read somewhere she sought legal advice about getting another amount of money because she believes she under sold

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
She is one strange woman, conflicting dates of birth and background. To think I pinned all my hopes on her for one brief moment.

Top Bottom