• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

$tan Kroenke Becomes Soul Owner

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Not claiming I'm the master of business in any sense, but no matter how good Kroenke and his advisors might be in regard to making money, they absolutely suck at this in regard to football.

They don't seem to understand this market.
If so, they'd have been pro-actively spending during the final years of wenger at the latest.

Those where the prime years to invest a bit and get huge rewards. Don't remember any team that invested money heavily and did not increase their value and/or sold for a big profit on average.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Not claiming I'm the master of business in any sense, but no matter how good Kroenke and his advisors might be in regard to making money, they absolutely suck at this in regard to football.

They don't seem to understand this market.
If so, they'd have been pro-actively spending during the final years of wenger at the latest.

Those where the prime years to invest a bit and get huge rewards. Don't remember any team that invested money heavily and did not increase their value and/or sold for a big profit on average.

Leeds? Portsmouth?

I don't actually disagree with you but it's not sure fire.

When we could have bought 3-4 world class players while still in the CL with our cash reserves ( I know long term they have to be accounted for) before the massive inflation in the market seems a missed opportunity.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
The Kronke out movement is the dumbest movement ever. You can't kick someone out of something they own, it's like wanting the owners of Apple sacked because you don't like the new iphone.

Grow up people, Arsenal isn't your club it's Kronke's. Football fans thinking they're such an important part of a club is a marketing tool.

OneAW!

No a football club is a sporting institution its not the same as a phone company or McDonalds. And the least we can do is try. The only people who don't want us to try are the ones who are paid to tell us it won't work precisely because it will. If Wenger out worked so will Kroenke Out! The mood around the club will affect Arsenal as a business, sponsors will be less willing, etc. We can make it untenable for Kroenke. It will make us less attractive as a hedge for his loans since signs of significant dissatisfaction with Kroenke's ownership would be a sign that Arsenal's future cash flow interms of ticket sales, etc will be impacted.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
Arsenal are finished as a top club. Unfortunately they were cooked the second Fiszman sold up.

When you cut through all the bullshit you are left with the fundamental problem of a fan base that desperately wants to compete for honours and an owner who sees success as nothing more than a bonus.

His goal is watching his asset grow, which it is regardless of whether we're successful as a club or not. He's openly states these facts - what was the quote, if you're in club ownership to win trophies you must be mad or something like that. That is in direct conflict with what the fans want.

He doesn't care about the same issues that disturb the every day Arsenal fan. He probably doesn't really understand a North London rivalry, how much it hurts to watch a club with half the resources than ourselves, show ambition and drive to cleverly operate to lift themselves slowly and surely above his own asset. That should never in a million years been allowed to happen considering we had a ten year head start. Of course, Kroenke alone isn't responsible for all of this mess, Gazidis and Wenger must shoulder a huge amount of that shame. However, I believe everything stems from the top down. It's the very top that sets the example and that filters down through any organisation. How can you have a efficient, ruthless and slick organisation when it's being run by a man who probably visits North London a handful amount of times a year if that. He couldn't even be arsed to show for the Europa Cup Final. What kind of message does that send, not just to the fans, but to the players, everyone associated with the club and also the outside football community.

You can understand a Chelsea, or a City overtaking Arsenal because you're talking about clubs who aren't playing by the same rules as everyone else and have had endless funds. However, the likes of Liverpool and Tottenham - that's just a result of brilliant management and excellent ownership, with clear visions of what they want their clubs to be and achieve. Liverpool is a perfect example of a club who is completely and utterly in sync with their fan base and who realise the power of that relationship.

The damage that has been done in the last ten to fifteen years, ever since the stadium move really I think will take generations to rectify - such is the disharmony. It doesn't take very long once the rot starts setting in for things to fall very fast indeed. That's what I think you're seeing now with Arsenal.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

Again, Arsenal spent more than either Liverpool or Chelsea -- and way more than Sp**s -- during the final years of Wenger. Go back three years or five or seven and you'll find that only the two Manchester clubs had bigger net spends then Arsenal. Since Financial Fair Play came in, you're only allowed to spend what you make. The problem is that under Gazidis the club didn't spend very intelligently (Liverpool spent less and got infinitely more because they were smart). So we need to give the new guys a chance and see if they can change that. This is their first summer transfer window, so to judge them based on what happened under Gazidis makes no sense. They'll need a couple of years.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
He probably doesn't really understand a North London rivalry, how much it hurts to watch a club with half the resources than ourselves, show ambition and drive to cleverly operate to lift themselves slowly and surely above his own asset. That should never in a million years been allowed to happen considering we had a ten year head start.

Since June 2014, Arsenal has a net spend of £260 million and Sp**s have a net spend of £50 million. So how do you suggest Kroenke should have "shown more ambition" in relation to Sp**s?

Of course you might argue that he could have sacked Gazidis (or even Wenger), but he wasn't the one who hired Gazidis. That was Peter Hill-Wood. And why should he have been expected to start sacking people from a club that had been in the Champions League for 20 straight seasons? Since Arsenal fell out of the Champions League, there have been enormous changes at the club. I can't really envision another owner handing things substantially differently. An owner should not be in charge of day-to-day operations. They should hire smart people to do their jobs and let them run the club. They have new people in charge now. This is their first summer transfer window. Let's see how they do.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
Since June 2014, Arsenal has a net spend of £260 million and Sp**s have a net spend of £50 million. So how do you suggest Kroenke should have "shown more ambition" in relation to Sp**s?

Of course you might argue that he could have sacked Gazidis (or even Wenger), but he wasn't the one who hired Gazidis. That was Peter Hill-Wood. And why should he have been expected to start sacking people from a club that had been in the Champions League for 20 straight seasons? Since Arsenal fell out of the Champions League, there have been enormous changes at the club. I can't really envision another owner handing things substantially differently. An owner should not be in charge of day-to-day operations. They should hire smart people to do their jobs and let them run the club. They have new people in charge now. This is their first summer transfer window. Let's see how they do.

It’s not just about financial outlay, all of which it should be said has come from operations. No one has had to dig deeper into their pockets to support their club than Arsenal fans this past 15 years.

My point of view is more to do with the fact that I don’t believe anyone is being, or has been held to account for such underwhelming performance - we’ve sat back and made bad decision after bad decision and stagnated whilst everyone around us has built upon their last.

From what we can take from Stans interviews he is content with meek performance on the pitch as long as the asset continues to grow financially which it’s doing. I don’t believe it’s just solely been finances as to why we’ve lost so many great players over these last few years. I think we lost players because they didn’t believe or lost faith in the project. Players of course want to line their pockets, they also want to be at clubs that are set on winning accolades and trophies, not ones that are content on trying to scrape into the top four and seeing that as a success.

Elite clubs see every year not winning the league as an absolute failure - the minute we stopped that at Arsenal was when we were cooked in my opinion. That’s not fact, just my opinion.

Malky

Established Member
The Kronke out movement is the dumbest movement ever. You can't kick someone out of something they own, it's like wanting the owners of Apple sacked because you don't like the new iphone.

Grow up people, Arsenal isn't your club it's Kronke's. Football fans thinking they're such an important part of a club is a marketing tool.
The "Kroenkeout " movement is so ****ing pointless. He doesn't even attend games, likely doesn't know when the season starts or names of our players, so I highly doubt he's going to care what the average fan types on social media while he's sitting in his million acre ranch in America.
He's making alot of money from us, he ain't going anywhere, Unfortunately.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Any fan who wants Kroenke out has to stay out of the stadium,not buy the merchandise and watch less of us on TV. If you do go to the stadium, then you'll have to boo, bring banners and make the atmosphere toxic. And not spend any match day money. It's all pretty exhausting. It's easier for the entire fanbase to withdraw support but that'll never happen.

Manberg

Predator
Liverpool fans managed to out Hicks and Gillett. Death threats were sent to family members.
Arsenal fans have too much class to do that.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I would like to see sensible messages being aimed at Josh Kroenke, who seems less indifferent and more sport minded than his father

a genuine attempt by the supporters club to engage with him might well not work, but I think it should be tried

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
All we can hope for while its not good is somebody from the East will make a bid. and take the club back where it belongs.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
No a football club is a sporting institution its not the same as a phone company or McDonalds. And the least we can do is try. The only people who don't want us to try are the ones who are paid to tell us it won't work precisely because it will. If Wenger out worked so will Kroenke Out! The mood around the club will affect Arsenal as a business, sponsors will be less willing, etc. We can make it untenable for Kroenke. It will make us less attractive as a hedge for his loans since signs of significant dissatisfaction with Kroenke's ownership would be a sign that Arsenal's future cash flow interms of ticket sales, etc will be impacted.
Sorry but this is simply not true. The Kroenke out movement will achieve nothing. There are thousands of people on the waiting list for season tickets. As long as that stadium keeps selling tickets neither sponsors nor Kroenke will budge.

Top Bottom