• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

$tan Kroenke Becomes Soul Owner

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Shocking. All the talks of Arsenal tradition, value, spirit... now all diminished. Why not just save a few millions off the shady agent fees or sign-on fees to support long-serving, loyal staff?

Contact-led approach to spot potential transfer target? It's more like uprooting the scout network to serve the selfish figures in the hierarchy.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Picked the announcement timing as perfectly as they could get it amid the positive atmosphere after the cup win.

We all know the economic issues for clubs... but I wonder how many of the other big clubs will be making staff redundant at that level.

Investment in the team (although we need it badly) will probably look like poor form to some degree now, especially when you think of all those agent fees.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
So Kroenke wouldn’t even invest to keep 55 low paid jobs, there is no hope that he will help the club with finances for transfers.

I have a feeling they are prioritising some team investment/transfers over staff, but having said that the savings from the staff will only probably cover Kia's agent fees for 1 signing.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Its a shame to see but guess alot of jobs just not needed without open matchdays. When you see smaller sporting events like the UFC say they have not even contemplated bringing fans back have to wonder if any at all next season.

Also are we sure Stan doing well? I see the figures on social media but has to be taking a hit with so many sports teams. That LA stadium / rejuvenation project must be hemorrhaging cash.

PressResistance

How this prick has gotten so little scrutiny just grinds my gears.

We were literally used as collateral for bum clubs like Rams and Avs.
Who even watches American HandEgg and StickPuck?

He hasn't put one penny in the club. One of greatest mistakes of Arsène Wenger was not calling out this bum for the fraud that he is.

Now I 'm hearing of releasing a scout that actually does his job, redundancies made with the excuse of decreasing the payroll, while we are literally giving 31-year old Brazilian Reiss Nelson 120 + k per week.

We are not skint, we never were, a club that charges the highest price for tickets, has sold its best players multiple times, has an academy that can generate income, has a global presence, yet if you were to listen to this prick and his pub(l)ic speakers, we run a self-sustainable model ( which means we are not skint ), that through time he has consciously dabbled in to take money out of the club, now through the agent fees with his bum buddies Raul and Kia. Absolutely hate to see it.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
We are owned by one of the richest men on the planet. Yet we send home people. Utterly reprehensible.

How much money have we given Cedric and his agent for the former to play what? Three games of football for us?

This isn't a normal business, so lets not talk about cost cutting as if it is. Kroenke has actually INCREASED his wealth during this pandemic.

He could easily cover the wages of the 55 employees that were sent home. The club would get a LOT of good PR from a move like that too.

The rich get richer, government bailouts left and right. Yet regular folks get sent home and can't get an unemployment check.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This is terrible for the people involved. Undoubtedly Kroenke could if he wanted to do something about it.

It shouldn't be connected to our footballing activities/transfers or player wages and what they could do.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Disgusted. Only just paid my club membership too. Wenger would have had something to say about this.

Keep them on and leave Willian to the chavs, we're not that desperate for another forward. That'll more than cover it.

akhil

I half expected this after seeing the news from Tottenham. Figured the club's finances would be a lot worse than people were saying. They've lost ~50 million this year alone after the Covid. 10 games in the season, half of them at the emirates at about 4 million a game and the 300 million the premier league has to pay broadcasters because of the schedule.
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-bill-to-broadcasters-even-if-season-finishes

Worst case scenario; if fans aren't allowed in all of next season, they're looking at a potential reduction in revenue by over a 100 million. Matchday income would be wiped completely.

With regards to Kroenke, they have huge debts on their new LA Rams stadium which opens this season. The stadium costs nearly $1.5 billion, not sure how much of that is financed but being in California, there is no way fans are going to be allowed in the stadium.

They have a bunch of other sports franchises too and Kroenke made his money on building out commercial properties (aka strip malls) across the states. Small businesses closing at record numbers with people not going out spend is going to have a huge knock on affect on his income streams. It's a complete cluster **** in the US in terms of handling this pandemic.

This is the club reacting to the situation without adversely affecting the product on the pitch.

Feel sorry for those folks, this is the worst climate to go job hunting again.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

What p!sses me off is the money agents will be making on Arsenal deals this summer, at least the players are talented I don't think anger should be directed at them.
Arseblog:
It would also really suit KSE if people were angry at Mesut Özil instead of them. There are reasons to be frustrated with the player, but this is not it. Don't fall into that trap.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wenger was laughed at for saying he felt responsible for the employees. Imagine that. Laughed at for wanting people to have some form of wage to live on.

No surprise with this though, how many people amass that kind of wealth without being a piece of ****? 55 people, we’re talking pennies to a Kronke here.

Anyone that feels differently or that these people can just get another job. **** you.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Not surprising. We dont need someone pouring pints if there is nobody to serve them too.

There is more of this to come. As I said at the time we are one of the most at risk teams due to the amount of income we receive on match day. There will be more cuts in other areas.

Top Bottom