• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

$tan Kroenke Becomes Soul Owner

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
We aren't fu¢king worthy

9ie0.gif
I can't see that, it would make Edu redundant and Arteta would have to do what Wenger says. It would be good for the club though, but many people wouldn't like to have someone as big as Arsène working next to them

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Happy with Wenger in that role I think; intelligence, integrity and the discipline to implement a long term strategy for the club that he would ensure is stringently followed. It would likely involve young players and attractive football so th fans would be on side; only doubt I would have is that he may not wish to invest sufficiently and hold onto players way too long

Last edited:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Yo Josh may know ball. Wasn't convinced by Emery, promoted Freddie to get the young players in too. Meanwhile Raul wanted to give Emery a new contract after bottling top 4 when it was easier to finish top 4 and being embarrassed in Baku.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Josh Kroenke wanted to renew Emery’s contract but ‘old guard’ said no due to bottling top 4 and Europa and underlying metrics of unbeaten run being lucky (translation here could be off, it may be Raul/Vinai that wanted to renew Emery, especially with other stories regarding Raul wanting to renew his contract).

This seems like a better translated excerpt from the Reddit thread. Sounds like Josh might be a dipshit afterall, as you'd expect.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
This seems like a better translated excerpt from the Reddit thread. Sounds like Josh might be a dipshit afterall, as you'd expect.

I mean

(translation here could be off, it may be Raul/Vinai that wanted to renew Emery, especially with other stories regarding Raul wanting to renew his contract)

How is that better translated when it isn't even sure its correctly translated?

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
I mean

(translation here could be off, it may be Raul/Vinai that wanted to renew Emery, especially with other stories regarding Raul wanting to renew his contract)

How is that better translated when it isn't even sure its correctly translated?
It's better translated because it's actually intelligible unlike the google translated stuff and more importantly it conforms to my pre-held beliefs.

AFC Bell writing fan fiction now?

Tbf everything he said in that blog post was pretty much already known, he basically just pieced all the stuff out there together.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I wonder what they do come the summer, assuming we won't have any European football next season. Heard someone speculate they might look to sell in the near-mid future. They essentially bought the asset thinking it would sustain value with minimal investment.

The asset has gone from a CL club, to an EL club, possibly soon not even an EL club. This isn't what they got in it for.

They have two options, they can sell or they can invest to recover the value of the asset. They can't just carry on doing this forever, can they, they're businessmen, they're not gonna accept their asset decreasing year on year.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I wonder what they do come the summer, assuming we won't have any European football next season. Heard someone speculate they might look to sell in the near-mid future. They essentially bought the asset thinking it would sustain value with minimal investment.

The asset has gone from a CL club, to an EL club, possibly soon not even an EL club. This isn't what they got in it for.

They have two options, they can sell or they can invest to recover the value of the asset. They can't just carry on doing this forever, can they, they're businessmen, they're not gonna accept their asset decreasing year on year.
Or they can just wait....they are not losing money and football changes fairly quickly. things can come together and couple of special players could come through the academy and the club may sign 1-2 unknown players who turns out to be star or maybe next manager may do great. So the smart thing would be just wait and invest little while not lose any money

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Or they can just wait....they are not losing money and football changes fairly quickly. things can come together and couple of special players could come through the academy and the club may sign 1-2 unknown players who turns out to be star or maybe next manager may do great. So the smart thing would be just wait and invest little while not lose any money

What if they wait and it just loses more value? Post-pandemic there will be an economic boom, plus new Champions League format from 2024, possibly super league, big changes are afoot, they wanna make sure Arsenal don't get left out in the cold.

They invest a bit year on year and the club goes down year on year. How is that sustainable.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
We can sign all the new players or win any games we want, but the day of biggest celebration would be the day Stan Kroenke sells this club... it of course comes with its risks because the buyer could be worse than he is, but at this stage I certainly think its worth the risk. He clearly doesnt know how to run a football team, he has avoided taking the necessary financial risks to make us an elite team. He's just a crook sucking the soul out of this club. All the issues we see either directly or indirectly come from him. We would have signed Higuain/Suarez without him, we woulda bought an outfield player that season and won the league without him, we would have signed people like Hazard without him and we would have hopefully employed better staff without him.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I think when you look at it from Kroenke's perspective his investment in Arsenal has been very successful, for him. The value of the club continues to rise even with our struggles on the pitch. We're a low risk, nice profit type of investment for him. Pretty much let the club float along and watch the value continue to rise.

I'm sure he'd rather Arsenal win trophies and be successful than not, if only for ego reasons but he's not going to plough in his own money to make that happen. The sport is very much secondary to the financial aspect to him.

What constitutes success for Kroenke and us as fanbase are wildly different. We are a success as we stand to Kroenke, as a business investment.

Sacking managers, higher up's is fine but the club's not going to fundamentally change until we have a hands on owner, who understands the game and is driven to see Arsenal back at the top.

Last edited:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

What if they wait and it just loses more value? Post-pandemic there will be an economic boom, plus new Champions League format from 2024, possibly super league, big changes are afoot, they wanna make sure Arsenal don't get left out in the cold.

They invest a bit year on year and the club goes down year on year. How is that sustainable.
Despite all this the club is still worth a hell of a lot more than when he got his initial shares. Will improve for him once again once the gate receipts return too.

We can't really pressure him as a fanbase like you see with Mike Ashley cause he doesn't like in UK. This club will stay with the Kronkes for generations.

I'm not doom mongering as I think the club can return to Champions League football with Kronke at the helm and we have infact been buying players (the fanbase just doesn't like them). There's been a couple marquee signings every summer for years.

Success won't come through financial doping though, the recruitment at executive and managerial level needs to be better if the self sustaining model is to work.

They are happy to leave whoever is in charge to it which is a double edged sword, it is just a shame it ended up being Raul instead of say, Mislentat. Now it's Edu and the jury is still out on him.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom