• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

$tan Kroenke Becomes Soul Owner

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
this 'quote' annoyed me a bit :lol: they both said? in unison? some twin ****? ffs

Stan and Josh Kroenke said: “We are 100 per cent committed to Arsenal for the long term and we want our fans to feel even closer to the club they love. The steps that are being taken here will ensure their voice is more central to the club’s decision making moving forward.”

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Some fan representation.

A lot of lip service and not much substance.

Needed some actual board representation or at least to meet thrice a season, first to set goals and how we're looking at the season, a second one to see how things are going and a post mortem one after the season is done.

No hope from me until Josh and his da **** off.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Don’t know why guys keep crying for? Stan and Josh aren’t going anywhere.

Your only choice is accept the club as we knew it is doomed, or step aside as a fan. I’ll be doing the latter pretty soon.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Don’t know why guys keep crying for? Stan and Josh aren’t going anywhere.

Your only choice is accept the club as we knew it is doomed, or step aside as a fan. I’ll be doing the latter pretty soon.

Lead the way bro. Its already been a long time.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

607dd58d9ecc0.image.jpg

What can this man think in the still watches of the night, when he contemplates the ordeal his club is going through as the result of the years, the locust years, in which he held power?

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

A very interesting take. I've just read it so not had time to reflect on the timeline since becoming sole owner. If true it paints an exciting picture.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

A very interesting take. I've just read it so not had time to reflect on the timeline since becoming sole owner. If true it paints an exciting picture.
This guy is a bootlicking idi*t and a billionaire apologist who doesn't know what he's talking about.

If I was to list what is wrong with the Kroenke's I'd be here all day, but to keep it short think back to why Kroenke bought Arsenal in the first place. Hint - "it wasn't to win trophies" as Stan famously admitted.

Also compare him to other owners in the league. Also count how many times he's been to the stadium. Look at what they have done with their other teams.

I saw this midway way though, so I see why you have time for this nonsense Bob

It was David Dein and Arsène Wenger. They were plotting the longterm health and care of Arsenal. They looked across Europe and saw that the likes of Real Madrid, Barca and Bayern could never die. Moved by jealousy, they wanted to place Arsenal in a similar position as these clubs

Which is a shame.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
This guy is a bootlicking idi*t and a billionaire apologist who doesn't know what he's talking about.

If I was to list what is wrong with the Kroenke's I'd be here all day, but to keep it short think back to why Kroenke bought Arsenal in the first place. Hint - "it wasn't to win trophies" as Stan famously admitted.

Also compare him to other owners in the league. Also count how many times he's been to the stadium. Look at what they have done with their other teams.

Which is a shame.

My favorite parts:

I am yet to see a proof that the new rEvAmPeD management and scouting structure is better than the old one.
The academy started producing top talents? What? Guys like Saka & ESR have been at the club for 10 years.
Is the wage bill really getting lighter? Özil left, but they gave monster deals to Auba, Partey, Willian. A random guy like Ben White is getting 120k/week, Tierney has done almost nothing in 2 season and got a 100k+/week new contract. Don't feel like they are managing the wage bill that great at all, but maybe I am wrong.
Also Arteta said that he was aiming to win the CL in 3 years, not to become a CL club. :lol:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

My favorite parts:

I am yet to see a proof that the new rEvAmPeD management and scouting structure is better than the old one.
The academy started producing top talents? What? Guys like Saka & ESR have been at the club for 10 years.
Is the wage bill really getting lighter? Özil left, but they gave monster deals to Auba, Partey, Willian. A random guy like Ben White is getting 120k/week, Tierney has done almost nothing in 2 season and got a 100k+/week new contract. Don't feel like they are managing the wage bill that great at all, but maybe I am wrong.
Also Arteta said that he was aiming to win the CL in 3 years, not to become a CL club. :lol:
Furthermore, we are yet to see proof that the Pepe and Partey money came from the Kroneke's themselves. Looks like the club's money amassed from our better lower spending days (which this regime can take zero credit for).

Of course, this guy hasn't posted accounts or examples from reputable twitter accounts or articles who have covered this stuff closely to back these claims. Wonder why.

Also, we were still paying Özil for the entirety of last season, his move was purely optics.

The guy is chatting absolute sh*t basically, just vomited all over his keyboard and pressed send. Embarrassing stuff.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
Feels like I'm reading something from an alternate timeline where the Kroenke's are owners who give a **** rather than useless lumps who are trying to close the barn door after the horse has bolted.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Which is a shame.
I'm always open to a different perspective. I glanced through the thread and thought it was worth sharing :) not saying I believe all of it but certain points were good re Klopp and Roman.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I'm always open to a different perspective. I glanced through the thread and thought it was worth sharing :) not saying I believe all of it but certain points were good re Klopp and Roman.
Fair enough.

Just for clarity I was defo annoyed at this guy's post - not you for posting it.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are

I don't like Kroenke but the people in charge of transfers (in and out) and contract negotiations are the ones responsible for our current situation.
We have bought and sold absolutely absymally over the last, what, 6 or 7 years.

£75m on Xhaka and Mustafi speaks for itself, £110m on Aubameyang and Lacazette (who was available for £19m six months earlier) at the same time when its obvious to everyone that any serious, well functioning team wouldn't play both of them, £72m on Pepe, £27m on Lucas Torreira, £20m on Lucas Perez (who we subsequently sold for £3m) £50M on Partey, £30m on Saliba (ffs), £50m on Ben White coming up, want Maddison, Ramsdale etc.
All this while bringing nothing back in, we let Sanchez, who was near £100m worth of asset run his contract down so far that we were happy to swap him for Mkhitaryan, Özil similar except instead of swapping him we gave him a ludicrous contract and crippled ourselves.
Both of those would have signed for under £200k if we had negotiated them with 2 years to go like everyone on the planet knows you are supposed to.
Didn't the club talk previously about learning lessons from the Van Persie fiasco, only to go and make exactly the same mistake again, twice!
Somebody also thought it was a good idea to put a Bosnian discus thrower on 100k a week.

Meanwhile Liverpool and Chelsea have regularly been getting £20m+ for schmucks like Solanke, Brewster, Ibe etc while we are giving away players like Mavropanos, Malen and Gnabry, the only one I can remember us getting right is Iwobi.
If we had given these resources (along with money from sales) to a Klopp or a Pochettino we would have been top four minimum and in Klopps case probably better.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I don't like Kroenke but the people in charge of transfers (in and out) and contract negotiations are the ones responsible for our current situation.
We have bought and sold absolutely absymally over the last, what, 6 or 7 years.
p or a Pochettino we would have been top four minimum and in Klopps case probably better.
No.

We've changed hierarchy shape and key personnel how many times? in such a short space of time. Why do KSE keep handing over the keys to crazy people? or inexperienced people like we have now? Which other historically big club does that? I can only see Arsenal.

After funding this Arteta and Edu experiment and we flirt with relegation again and the board is forced to fire them - f*ck knows who the hell KSE are going to appoint next. We'd be back to square one with some of you still blaming the Xhaka and Lacazette transfers for the downfall of a whole football club.

You can't everyday blame the waiter/waitresses for a sh*t restaurant and this is my frustration with the fanbase.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

No.

We've changed hierarchy shape and key personnel how many times? in such a short space of time. Why do KSE keep handing over the keys to crazy people? or inexperienced people like we have now? Which other historically big club does that? I can only see Arsenal.

After funding this Arteta and Edu experiment and we flirt with relegation again and the board is forced to fire them - f*ck knows who the hell KSE are going to appoint next. We'd be back to square one with some of you still blaming the Xhaka and Lacazette transfers for the downfall of a whole football club.

You can't everyday blame the waiter/waitresses for a sh*t restaurant and this is my frustration with the fanbase.
Love this analogy. Wholeheartedly agree with everything said. This is why I was excited by the whole Daniel Ek saga.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

Oh Bob, I think you're choosing to believe what you want to believe.

Top Bottom