• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

$tan Kroenke Becomes Soul Owner

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Ok this will be controversial, I don’t like the man but for years everyone screamed at the man to spend money and he did buy 6 players under 23 who all play for us at 160 million, number 1 in spending on transfers. This after Covid sapped all clubs of over a year of match day money. To be honest we all said the team needed a massive overhaul 3-4 years ago. Outside of Xhaka we got rid of a lot of overpaid dead weight. Iwobi, Ramsey, wilshere, Mustafi, Özil, Bellerin and replaced them with stronger, faster, younger players. Frankly I think Edu has done a pretty good job of doing a complete rebuild, the money has been spent on the project. And yes we been mid table last couple years it would be insane that amid such a giant transition we would not have a couple of poor seasons. I’ll be honest I didn’t see him leading Europe in net post spend last window and I give credit where credit is due. Barca sold Messi on the free we need to consider that when we consider how much we spent post Covid. I still like to see him sell, but I like what we have done last couple years transfer wise and I do believe it will bear fruit and get back in Europe more obviously will be needed if we want to be on more equal footing with top 3.
The issue is his lazy ownership not him withholding funds.

Any top team would have sacked Arteta twice by now and that’s no exaggeration.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Ok this will be controversial, I don’t like the man but for years everyone screamed at the man to spend money and he did buy 6 players under 23 who all play for us at 160 million, number 1 in spending on transfers. This after Covid sapped all clubs of over a year of match day money. To be honest we all said the team needed a massive overhaul 3-4 years ago. Outside of Xhaka we got rid of a lot of overpaid dead weight. Iwobi, Ramsey, wilshere, Mustafi, Özil, Bellerin and replaced them with stronger, faster, younger players. Frankly I think Edu has done a pretty good job of doing a complete rebuild, the money has been spent on the project. And yes we been mid table last couple years it would be insane that amid such a giant transition we would not have a couple of poor seasons. I’ll be honest I didn’t see him leading Europe in net post spend last window and I give credit where credit is due. Barca sold Messi on the free we need to consider that when we consider how much we spent post Covid. I still like to see him sell, but I like what we have done last couple years transfer wise and I do believe it will bear fruit and get back in Europe more obviously will be needed if we want to be on more equal footing with top 3.
Nah who sent you

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
The issue is his lazy ownership not him withholding funds.

Any top team would have sacked Arteta twice by now and that’s no exaggeration.
Lazy ownership I don’t want hands on owners I want rich ones who spend money abd let the football people make decisions. For a decade under Wenger everyone said we didn’t spend but we have been, and if you guys think a big transition and overhaul for younger players doesn’t have a couple of bad seasons I think it is naive. Arteta isn’t my favorite if he doesn’t finish top 6 sack him, but I am happy with players we canned for the most part and I like Partey, Gabriel, and the new players we got. There was always going to be a big transition and pain after Wenger, people who thought the team would just magically improve without growing pains I think are being naive.

Farzad Stoned

Nah who sent you
So I give the man credit for 6 players under 23 that play for us in a 160 million pound window and I am what? A secret agent? Maybe you are just unable to assess new info or think objectively. Kroenke isn’t my friend or enemy if he spends the money and hires the right people that is all I give a **** about.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

So I give the man credit for 6 players under 23 that play for us in a 160 million pound window and I am what? A secret agent? Maybe you are just unable to assess new info or think objectively. Kroenke isn’t my friend or enemy if he spends the money and hires the right people that is all I give a **** about.
lol was messing with you.

I blame Kroenke for our decline, but he hasn't been the worst owner in the league I don't think. I'd be very careful of praising him for the expenditure though.

There's more evidence pointing to the money being spent is actually from the stockpiled cash at the club from Wenger's time (securing consistent CL money) and a combination of clever loans, rather than money actually coming from Kroenke's own pockets.

Still waiting for the accounts to prove KSE have injected money into this club but nobody seems to be able to show me.

Farzad Stoned

What stockpiled money we had 150- 200 million pound in debt when Wenger left, plus we have had no CL money for years any stockpile is gone. Like I said i think the blame Kroenke for not spending money angle is a bit of a Wenger era criticism, new facts should be looked at. Frankly, I hated on the guy to and still would not start his fan club in anyway. But if he 160 million pounds on 6 quality youngsters that play ok credit where credit due, now I want to see results improve.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

What stockpiled money we had 150- 200 million pound in debt when Wenger left, plus we have had no CL money for years any stockpile is gone.
I believe we had paid off the debts right around when our marquee signings stopped being kids and became Özil, Sanchez, Lacazette etc. Someone can correct me if I am wrong though.

The only thing I could honestly credit the Kroenke's with is belief and backing the manager which 90% of the league wouldn't have done. Even then, it raised more questions for me than answers.

Is that because of an unwillingness to deal with established managers who will call them out? or negligence and unwilling to pay off a severance package? (we until very recently were still paying Emery).

This is the angle I am coming from anyways, I don't trust the Kroenkes.

Farzad Stoned

I don’t trust the Kroenkes either. But we have had no CL money and we didn’t get squat for Özil or Ramsey and Sanchez was a low money transfer as well in terms of fee. I think we got more for Iwobi. I look at objective facts and I like what the team has done with transfers last 3 years or so we have been a big buyer, I tend to think most clubs don’t back their manager enough. Kroenke probably kept Wenger a couple seasons too long, and if Arteta doesn’t finish top six I’ll be first to criticize club if they don’t fire him. 3 years ago the team needed a total overhaul we are about 80 percent done with that project but new young players take time that isn’t Kroenke doing. But when all the big clubs weren’t spending we stole a March on them last window and that required new money from ownership, it didn’t come from club profits we lost money during Covid

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I don’t trust the Kroenkes either. But we have had no CL money and we didn’t get squat for Özil or Ramsey and Sanchez was a low money transfer as well in terms of fee. I think we got more for Iwobi. I look at objective facts and I like what the team has done with transfers last 3 years or so we have been a big buyer, I tend to think most clubs don’t back their manager enough. Kroenke probably kept Wenger a couple seasons too long, and if Arteta doesn’t finish top six I’ll be first to criticize club if they don’t fire him. 3 years ago the team needed a total overhaul we are about 80 percent done with that project but new young players take time that isn’t Kroenke doing. But when all the big clubs weren’t spending we stole a March on them last window and that required new money from ownership, it didn’t come from club profits we lost money during Covid
It’s been a massive gamble this so called ‘rebuild’ process. The club is making loses hand over fist, throwing money at players, out of Europe and giving control to rank amateurs. They started buying older players by dealing with dodgy agents that turned out out to be rubbish, then switched to younger players and pretended it was their original plan all along. They‘ve replaced potentially top young players they already had with new ones because Arteta thought he couldn’t handle them and have paid over odds for others.

The whole thing is a complete mess. If it turns out well it’ll be a miracle of chance and nothing to do with smart business or any semblance of strategic planning.

Farzad Stoned

It’s been a massive gamble this so called ‘rebuild’ process. The club is making loses hand over fist, throwing money at players, out of Europe and giving control to rank amateurs. They started buying older players by dealing with dodgy agents that turned out out to be rubbish, then switched to younger players and pretended it was their original plan all along. They‘ve replaced potentially top young players they already had with new ones because Arteta thought he couldn’t handle them and have paid over odds for others.

The whole thing is a complete mess. If it turns out well it’ll be a miracle of chance and nothing to do with smart business or any semblance of strategic planning.
I think the biggest debacle was the emergency signing of Özil for nearly 400k a week. They should of scrapped him in retrospect and started the rebuild. If you look at last few windows, I am not going defend letting Gnabry go, or the Özil mess. In retrospect the fans me included were angry for letting Alexis go it turned out to be right call. So some of the decisions had to be made.

But if you look at what the owner controls the money, and look at what his personnel people have brought in last couple of windows you got to give him credit on that score. Just like we blamed him for not spending now you get to give him credit objectively for buying well recently: Tierney, Gabriel, Tomy, white, Ramsdale, Partey, Tavares, and Sambi

Farzad Stoned

Ps now that we bought a number of players that can play that are going we have a 100 million pounds worth of contracts we can dump of players not being used that other clubs will snap up. Leno, either Laca or Pepe, Guendouzi, Xhaka, and Bellerin. We can sell those players and fund another shopping spree like last one. I like Pepe snd Laca but not enough minutes for both of them with development of ESR and Saka

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think the biggest debacle was the emergency signing of Özil for nearly 400k a week. They should of scrapped him in retrospect and started the rebuild. If you look at last few windows, I am not going defend letting Gnabry go, or the Özil mess. In retrospect the fans me included were angry for letting Alexis go it turned out to be right call. So some of the decisions had to be made.

But if you look at what the owner controls the money, and look at what his personnel people have brought in last couple of windows you got to give him credit on that score. Just like we blamed him for not spending now you get to give him credit objectively for buying well recently: Tierney, Gabriel, Tomy, white, Ramsdale, Partey, Tavares, and Sambi
It's a bit too early to get too excited about some of these players though. Let's see how Tomy, White, Ramsdale, Lokonga and Tavares pan out when we play some decent sides. And conversely, lets see how they do under a proper manager.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Kroenke doesnt buy players, the club does. He doesnt use his own pockets concerning Arsenal since he probably doesnt remember that he owns the club.

GDeep™

League is very weak
We’re like Newcastle before the takeover. Ashley didn’t want to invest because he was waiting for a buyer. Our owner is waiting for a super league.

You can’t really attack him though either, he came in with the support of fans and implementing the “self sustaining model”.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

We’re like Newcastle before the takeover. Ashley didn’t want to invest because he was waiting for a buyer. Our owner is waiting for a super league.

You can’t really attack him though either, he came in with the support of fans and implementing the “self sustaining model”.

And some dictators won elections fair and square. Of course we can criticise him.

GDeep™

League is very weak
And some dictators won elections fair and square. Of course we can criticise him.
I never said you can’t. But the Arsenal fans made it clear they wanted him and our self sustaining model, over Usmanov.

Kroenke or his son, are totally passive, obviously I don’t support that, we’ve seen a clear decline but now we know why, we are waiting for the Super League.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

What does this mean concretely?

It means the city of St Louis have proof that Kroenke broke the NFL’s rules when he moved the Rams franchise to Los Angeles.

Seen as they have proof and intend to sue it looks like the NFL is going to either pay the city billions which they can’t afford or grant them an expansion franchise which dilutes the individual owners profits.

Firstly he broke the rules but secondly someone from his organisation has inadvertently given the city all the evidence it needs to sue.

Also this comes during an email scandal which the NFL might get dragged in front of congress for. Can imagine the other owners will be fuming with him.

Top Bottom