• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

$tan Kroenke Becomes Soul Owner

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Were rams lucky in that final drive that got them the win. There was a penalty on an incomplete 3rd down about pass interference on receiver that I still can't see the interference( although I know **** all about NFL) but the commentators were pretty much saying the same thing. They would have had an all or nothing 4th down play without that penalty. Kroenke seems to have transferred all of arsenal's luck with refs to the rams.
Their real luck was that Boyd who hadn't dropped a pass all season made the cardinal sin of looking down field before bringing the football into his body. Had he gotten that first down, the Bengals may well have gone on to win.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Most of those guys mentioned in those articles are fillers. When they're rookie contracts are up, I wonder what percentile on the pay scale they'd fall in for their roles. That's a good barometer on how well they've scouted l on day 2 & 3 of the draft. Also I said they've traded their future to get where they are, especially the deals over the past 12 months.

Outside of this year, they've scraped the playoffs except for the 1 year Goff and Gurley had pro bowl seasons. The stars got them over the line. That and the 49ers shooting themselves in the foot with Jimmy.

PS - I'm a 49ers fan and still salty over in the 2nd half of the NFC Championship game.
Maybe I just don't have the same definition as you on fillers. These guys leaving in free agency would net them compensatory picks in the draft at least as quite a few contribute beyond expectations.

Rams team building reminds me of Seattle's when they were Super Bowl contenders nearly every season until they fell off. They were also getting starters and even All Pro players from 3rd round draft picks and lower which is pretty incredible. Rams have been able to maneuver the salary cap to bring in the star players with this good drafting which Seattle struggled to do and eventually their wheels fell off. We will see if the same happens to the Rams.

I'm a Raiders fan so I'm still salty over... nearly just about everything in the past 30 years. :lol: I think I am ready to see if Trey Lance is ready to go though for your Niners. Jimmy G just doesn't move the needle for me.

akhil

Maybe I just don't have the same definition as you on fillers. These guys leaving in free agency would net them compensatory picks in the draft at least as quite a few contribute beyond expectations.

Rams team building reminds me of Seattle's when they were Super Bowl contenders nearly every season until they fell off. They were also getting starters and even All Pro players from 3rd round draft picks and lower which is pretty incredible. Rams have been able to maneuver the salary cap to bring in the star players with this good drafting which Seattle struggled to do and eventually their wheels fell off. We will see if the same happens to the Rams.

I'm a Raiders fan so I'm still salty over... nearly just about everything in the past 30 years. :lol: I think I am ready to see if Trey Lance is ready to go though for your Niners. Jimmy G just doesn't move the needle for me.

Yeah, I remember that early John Schneider era and the Legion of Boom (Again, another NFC west team :mad:). He's lost his magic touch the last few years though. Duds all over the place and especially that O-line. Wilson's been running for his life for last couple of years.

Ah Lance is the hope. 21 year old QB though and with that Shanahan offense, it'll be fun to watch at least.
Raiders:facepalm:, you could potentially add another 10+ years to the bitterness with Mahomes and Herbert in the same division. Burrow and Lamar in the same conference too.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Can't believe this **** won the American Rugby Champions League 😡

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I am so glad that owners don't get given the trophies first, in English/European sports.

Breaking the trophy drought in 2014, only to see Stan (on his first visit to watch us that season) pick up the trophy...**** that :lol:

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
I am so glad that owners don't get given the trophies first, in English/European sports.

Breaking the trophy drought in 2014, only to see Stan (on his first visit to watch us that season) pick up the trophy...**** that :lol:

Not only the trophies but how they can just move their team to another part of the country they desire without any regard for team history, the fans and the city itself. Awful souless stuff.

Batman

Not only the trophies but how they can just move their team to another part of the country they desire without any regard for team history, the fans and the city itself. Awful souless stuff.
Not to defend Kroenke but he moved them back to where they had spent the majority of their history. Was it a business decision? Absolutely but they have been the Los Angeles Rams for a much longer period than the St. Louis Rams.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Not to defend Kroenke but he moved them back to where they had spent the majority of their history. Was it a business decision? Absolutely but they have been the Los Angeles Rams for a much longer period than the St. Louis Rams.
It's just not kroenke though, look at the raiders moved from Oakland to LA back to Oakland and now Las Vegas

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

Arsenal Football Club have been accused of delaying fire safety remediation work in residential tower blocks at the Emirates Stadium.​

Leading Britain’s Conversation (LBC) have reportedly seen an email from representatives at Arsenal which says that the vital works can start "after the football season." To date, the permissions to start work and put up scaffolding still has yet to be signed off by the football club.
Arsenal received funding from the government for remediation works on 1 and 3 Queensland Road in December 2021, two years after a survey found the blocks have missing fire breaks, and unsafe insulation that needs to be replaced. They are owners of the company which is listed as the named freeholder of the tower blocks.

The residents are currently unable to sell their flats, originally built as affordable housing during Arsenal’s renovation of the site for the new Emirates Stadium. The tower blocks have been in the public eye for some time now, having been reported by ITV as far back as March 2021.

Resident Alex Fisher said: "We breathed a huge sigh of relief. We were told we just need to get planning permission approved from Arsenal.
"We thought it would just be a tick box exercise, that someone in their lawyer's office would just say 'yes just crack on with your fire safety works'. "And since then - Arsenal have just been delaying the works. The whole time, coming up with random excuses like they need to check the paperwork."
"It just seems that they are putting football and profit above people's safety."

Alex has received passed emails between an Arsenal representative and local MP Jeremy Corbyn, in which an Arsenal representative says: "We have agreed with the scaffolding placement and the work is due to start as soon as the season ends."

Alex also forwarded the email to Newlon, managing agent for the property, who replied: "We most certainly have never agreed with Arsenal Football Club to delay the works to coincide with the football season, though their correspondence could be shedding light on their own intentions in that regard."

In a statement, Arsenal said: "We take all health and safety matters extremely seriously. We have been working on the completion of the necessary documentation together with Newlon, and we are committed to providing Newlon with all necessary assistance to enable them to carry out these important works as soon as possible."

Newlon couldn't "make any comment in relation to Arsenal Football Club" and said: "Discussions are progressing between ourselves and the Club regarding access for the works. Our residents’ safety is our primary concern and we look forward to starting on site as soon as possible.”

A spokesperson from Kier, which built the tower blocks, said: "We are aware of the alleged issues at Queensland Road and we are continuing to work collaboratively with Newlon and the design teams to progress a solution. As such it would be inappropriate to comment further at this time."

Arsenal deny that the delays have anything to do with the timing of the football season.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

It is becoming clear that despite all the money Kroenke has spent on players that Arteta and to a lesser extent Edu do not know what they are doing. People who know me know I am not a fan Xhaka, but Xhaka doesn’t steal his money the guy fights hard, trains well and is an all around authentic human being. That being said he is and has been far below Arsenal’s aspirational level for a long time. But it is not his fault he has been unqualified for his position for 6 years it is Arteta and Wenger’s fault before that. Xhaka goes under the knife for the fans and leaves it out there for his check he just is highly limited player.

The same can be said for Arteta I mean he tries and wants to be a good manager, he even looks like and speaks like an excellent manager. But if you analyze what he has done with a mountain of Kroenke’s money; this guy should of been fired a long time ago. And now all of Arteta’s and Edu’s foul ups are on Kroenke. Any bozo with a 90 iq mega billionaire or not can see in Arteta’s case in particular he is not up to snuff

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

The Rams were LA’s first major sports team predating the Dodgers, Angels, Kings, Clippers,Sand Diego Padres, and Lakers. The west coast of the US is populated by many expansion or moved franchises team as 70 or 80 years ago only a small percentage of population lived on the west coast

Arson Finger

Kroenke is spending big money on keeping his star players with the Rams. Huge contract extensions to Donald and Kupp.

Maybe the Kroenkes are enjoying the feeling of winning championships now? The Avalanche are favored to win the Stanley Cup this year too. We need them to get addicted to winning championships in all sports. If they learn to love that feeling, they sure have the money to make it happen with Arsenal, in a league with no salary cap.

Interesting thing about the way the Rams are spending:
"In their extensions of players with large salaries the Rams typically have a low year 1 salary AND a large signing bonus allowing them to front-load cash while backloading cap. Players gets more upfront cash while team gets more cap space."

Arsenal should try to take a similar approach with signing players-- give a big bonus up front in exchange for lower weekly wages going forward. Obviously there is no salary cap, but a bigger bonus/lower wages would be better for Arsenal in keeping the wage structure lower and making it less difficult to get rid of unwanted players.

Players might be interested in that kind of deal-- more money right now instead of years from now is always appealing, and most players are confident enough that they would believe that they would never be the one the team would want to get rid of. So why not get more money right now?

Maybe we should be encouraged that a KSE team is spending big cash upfront to try to continue contending for championships. It's not like this money would be taken from Arsenal, they have many billions more left to play around with however they want.

Batman

Kroenke is spending big money on keeping his star players with the Rams. Huge contract extensions to Donald and Kupp.

Maybe the Kroenkes are enjoying the feeling of winning championships now? The Avalanche are favored to win the Stanley Cup this year too. We need them to get addicted to winning championships in all sports. If they learn to love that feeling, they sure have the money to make it happen with Arsenal, in a league with no salary cap.

Interesting thing about the way the Rams are spending:
"In their extensions of players with large salaries the Rams typically have a low year 1 salary AND a large signing bonus allowing them to front-load cash while backloading cap. Players gets more upfront cash while team gets more cap space."

Arsenal should try to take a similar approach with signing players-- give a big bonus up front in exchange for lower weekly wages going forward. Obviously there is no salary cap, but a bigger bonus/lower wages would be better for Arsenal in keeping the wage structure lower and making it less difficult to get rid of unwanted players.

Players might be interested in that kind of deal-- more money right now instead of years from now is always appealing, and most players are confident enough that they would believe that they would never be the one the team would want to get rid of. So why not get more money right now?

Maybe we should be encouraged that a KSE team is spending big cash upfront to try to continue contending for championships. It's not like this money would be taken from Arsenal, they have many billions more left to play around with however they want.
They're near the top in terms of payroll with every single team they own. The issue is that Edu and Arteta are Woodward/Ole level ******. If we had a quality manager and DOF spending this money, there's no reason we couldn't be clear of Sp**s and chasing down Chelsea, Liverpool and City with what's available to us.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

They're near the top in terms of payroll with every single team they own. The issue is that Edu and Arteta are Woodward/Ole level ******. If we had a quality manager and DOF spending this money, there's no reason we couldn't be clear of Sp**s and chasing down Chelsea, Liverpool and City with what's available to us.
This isn't entirely accurate though. Just look at the Rams records from 2012 through 2016 seasons with their current GM in charge while being mostly inexperienced as an executive himself. He hires the youngest head coach in history then with very little experience and start seeing success mostly through good drafting and building up the foundation of the team and that development.

Once the baseline for success was established, they then start getting creative with the salary cap and spend seemingly endless amounts of money by front and back loading contracts with bonus money. We are doing the exact same scenario here except it's still in early stages of development. If Edu gave us seasons like the Rams produced from 2012-2016 then you'd be even more murderous in your anger. Yet, they persisted with the process and allowed him to grow with a young head coach. Look at them now.

I've already gone through the Nuggets recent front office configuration as well.

SK___

It is becoming clear that despite all the money Kroenke has spent on players that Arteta and to a lesser extent Edu do not know what they are doing. People who know me know I am not a fan Xhaka, but Xhaka doesn’t steal his money the guy fights hard, trains well and is an all around authentic human being. That being said he is and has been far below Arsenal’s aspirational level for a long time. But it is not his fault he has been unqualified for his position for 6 years it is Arteta and Wenger’s fault before that. Xhaka goes under the knife for the fans and leaves it out there for his check he just is highly limited player.

The same can be said for Arteta I mean he tries and wants to be a good manager, he even looks like and speaks like an excellent manager. But if you analyze what he has done with a mountain of Kroenke’s money; this guy should of been fired a long time ago. And now all of Arteta’s and Edu’s foul ups are on Kroenke. Any bozo with a 90 iq mega billionaire or not can see in Arteta’s case in particular he is not up to snuff
deliberately commits fouls inside the box during games to ensure his bredrins get payouts from paddy power, but go off…

Top Bottom