• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

$tan Kroenke Becomes Soul Owner

GDeep™

League is very weak
Exactly what I tried to tell you during our argument and you weren't having any of it. Must've been your brother posting that day.
I don’t think so. Everybody knows every transfer is paid in instalments. No club is paying 70M up front.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Kroenke, who owns Colorado Rapids in the MLS, the Denver Nuggets in the NBA, Colorado Avalanche in the NHL and the NFL champions the Los Angeles Rams among others, is also understood to have explored the possibility of acquiring clubs in Brazil, Belgium and Portugal. While Arsenal sources have played down any immediate plans, the club are believed to want to develop their existing links with the South American country in particular. Arsenal were cleared of improper dealings with the Belgian club Beveren after a Fifa investigation in 2006 – before Kroenke’s involvement.
I like it

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Not sure these Americans owners as rich as man city owners to own multi clubs. They basically owned by oil state they can buy everything they want.

Also its ridiculous how it's acceptable man city own 12 clubs? It's just making football worse.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Not sure these Americans owners as rich as man city owners to own multi clubs. They basically owned by oil state they can buy everything they want.

Also its ridiculous how it's acceptable man city own 12 clubs? It's just making football worse.
Kroenke is richer than god, he is a multibillionaire and his wife is a multibillionaire separately from her father who was once richest man in the world. These guys have plenty of money for the venture discussed.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Kroenke is richer than god, he is a multibillionaire and his wife is a multibillionaire separately from her father who was once richest man in the world. These guys have plenty of money for the venture discussed.
Yes his wife family is one of richest families in world let alone USA but he already own multi sport i don't like Man city approach but if football going to this road we can't do anything

Farzad Stoned

Honestly I don’t know why Europe doesn’t have a minor league farm system like major American baseball teams. Minor league teams in small towns in America and Canada get financial support, money, and players from the big team and they incubate talent exclusively for one of the big teams that owns them. Instead of a championship and League 1 or 2 baseball has Triple Aaa, double A, and A level minor league teams in different regions all owned or affiliated to one big rich club in the majors. To be honest the independent smaller club model of Europe is more fun, especially when you throw in cups; but lower league clubs and players struggle in Europe; in America the dodgers double AA and triple Aaa teams have numerous millionaires being seasoned for the big club. For the smaller clubs and players the farm system is better; but for the fans the European style is more fun.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Honestly I don’t know why Europe doesn’t have a minor league farm system like major American baseball teams. Minor league teams in small towns in America and Canada get financial support, money, and players from the big team and they incubate talent exclusively for one of the big teams that owns them. Instead of a championship and League 1 or 2 baseball has Triple Aaa, double A, and A level minor league teams in different regions all owned or affiliated to one big rich club in the majors. To be honest the independent smaller club model of Europe is more fun, especially when you throw in cups; but lower league clubs and players struggle in Europe; in America the dodgers double AA and triple Aaa teams have numerous millionaires being seasoned for the big club. For the smaller clubs and players the farm system is better; but for the fans the European style is more fun.

The European system is more geared towards traditional sports competition. E.g. you can hope good work pays off for any team, any team can have success and win something or get promoted without being owned by a rich person or existing only in its state in terms of success because it's an important feeder for a bigger top flight club. That's why there's a lot more affiliation and emotion between fans and clubs in Europe than in the US, even down to the lowest leagues. You should not underestimate fandom in lower leagues just because top flights are the big product, I bet fans wouldn't be exactly amused about their 2nd/3rd/4th/5th league regional club they've followed ever since losing its independency and identity by becoming a feeder for a club owned by a state on the Arabian peninsula, an energy drink manufacturer, some American entrepreneuer etc. just in existence to churn out talent.

The European system works very well or else they wouldn't produce talent after talent to fill the top three leagues of at least the top 5 European countries in terms of football. The thing that I'm with you is the monetary aspect relating to support for small, regional clubs. The education compensation is far, far too low in relation to the transfer fees in top flight football. Much larger parts of these fees should trickle down to the academies, small lower league clubs and even mass sports. That's the only screw you'd need to adjust to keep the current European system going without adopting the feeder club system but still massively support the big underbelly.

Farzad Stoned

The European system is more geared towards traditional sports competition. E.g. you can hope good work pays off for any team, any team can have success and win something or get promoted without being owned by a rich person or existing only in its state in terms of success because it's an important feeder for a bigger top flight club. That's why there's a lot more affiliation and emotion between fans and clubs in Europe than in the US, even down to the lowest leagues. You should not underestimate fandom in lower leagues just because top flights are the big product, I bet fans wouldn't be exactly amused about their 2nd/3rd/4th/5th league regional club they've followed ever since losing its independency and identity by becoming a feeder for a club owned by a state on the Arabian peninsula, an energy drink manufacturer, some American entrepreneuer etc. just in existence to churn out talent.

The European system works very well or else they wouldn't produce talent after talent to fill the top three leagues of at least the top 5 European countries in terms of football. The thing that I'm with you is the monetary aspect relating to support for small, regional clubs. The education compensation is far, far too low in relation to the transfer fees in top flight football. Much larger parts of these fees should trickle down to the academies, small lower league clubs and even mass sports. That's the only screw you'd need to adjust to keep the current European system going without adopting the feeder club system but still massively support the big underbelly.
I totally agree, it is a massive trade off. I prefer the European system. As the domestic cups are exciting and promotion and relegation battles are intense and some of the best aspects of the beautiful game. But I I harder on the players and clubs themselves. That is why I see some hybrid system being imposed here, UT brings down acquisition costs for talent for big clubs while financially rescuing the majority of small clubs. I prefer the more competitive and independent European model if it can very maintained

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Yeah for some of the reasons you've mentioned I am not a fan of this and don't think that City model should be encouraged. Feels inevitable though.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Tim Lewis to spend more time on Arsenal
David Ornstein
Oct 3, 2022

It was another good weekend for Arsenal as they beat arch-rivals Tottenham Hotspur 3-1 to remain top of the Premier League.

It continues a promising start to the season for the club, who appear to be on an upward trajectory after a turbulent period since the latter part of Arsène Wenger’s reign.

The Kroenke family have encountered mixed fortunes throughout their involvement at the Emirates Stadium but, since taking full ownership in the summer of 2018, the Americans have become more hands-on and the intention to be that way was made clear when they appointed close associate Tim Lewis to the board two years later.

Lewis was named as a non-executive director and juggled the role as a partner at law firm Clifford Chance.

The Athletic can reveal that Lewis has now resigned from the latter position and will place greater emphasis on his work with Arsenal. Lewis had occupied his Clifford Chance post since 2010 but will be dedicating more time to his increasingly important job at the Premier League side.

Lewis’s arrival at Arsenal formalised a longstanding link with Stan Kroenke and his company KSE. Between 2007 and 2018, he advised Kroenke on a gradual investment into the north London side, from an initial 9.9 per cent stake purchased from UK broadcaster ITV through to a full takeover. It was an 11-year project, during which Lewis earned the Kroenkes’ trust.

Josh Kroenke, Tim Lewis, Arsenal

Lewis (left) with Josh Kroenke at The Emirates (Photo: David Price/Arsenal FC via Getty Images)

Since joining Arsenal, Lewis has been tasked with overseeing the restructuring of their debt, as well as an extensive cost-cutting exercise that led to a number of redundancies. He has forged strong working relationships with the likes of manager Mikel Arteta and technical director Edu, and has become a highly influential figure at the club’s Highbury House offices. Lewis is also said to be a vocal presence in Premier League shareholder meetings, underlining his rising prominence inside and outside of Arsenal.

It is not yet clear whether Lewis’s greater emphasis on Arsenal will result in a new job title. They have been without a chairman since the retirement of Sir Chips Keswick in May 2020.

Arsenal have also experienced some good news regarding their performance team — senior first-team physiotherapist Simon Murphy is likely to remain at the club.

Reports suggested he would be off to newly-promoted Nottingham Forest as a replacement for head physio Neil Simms, who has joined fellow Premier League side Southampton, but Murphy, who moved from Forest’s Midlands neighbours Leicester City in July last year, looks set to stay.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Tim is important to keep things not get out of hand at Arsenal good he staying because if not edu might have bad ideas and agents will take advantage

Macho

Dusted 🔻

In light of Glazers and FSG planning to sell their club, and the fine that Kroenke has to pay,(Rams owner Stan Kroenke forced to pay staggering $571 million of NFL's St. Louis settlement, per report) what impact will these have on Arsenal?

I think the American owners knowing super league is unlikely and throwing in the towel is a logical thing to speculate.

KSE are really into the sports industry and really threw their weight behind the current regime so it's hard to call.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
I think the American owners knowing super league is unlikely and throwing in the towel is a logical thing to speculate.

KSE are really into the sports industry and really threw their weight behind the current regime so it's hard to call.
How do you figure ESL is unlikely? Honestly think it's inevitable, might be tweaked here or there or they could find a way to incorporate/grease UEFA somehow but when this level of money is involved there's no way it doesn't happen eventually.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

How do you figure ESL is unlikely? Honestly think it's inevitable, might be tweaked here or there or they could find a way to incorporate/grease UEFA somehow but when this level of money is involved there's no way it doesn't happen eventually.

Unlikely to happens as soon as the utd owners would like I should ahve said then. I think something like it is inevitable too, but Glaziers selling leaves room to speculate is what I am saying.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom