• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tanguy Ndombele

Aevi

Hale End FC
We are one of several clubs to have a "simple interest" in Ndombele. Tottenham, Juve, and Utd have opened discussions.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Oh, there's a link?

Tenuous but I'd get behind this if true. Like this guy - good acceleration, excellent at evading pressure and dribbling from deep. Decent passer of the ball aswell.

He'd be a great complement to our midfield.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Oh, there's a link?

Tenuous but I'd get behind this if true. Like this guy - good acceleration, excellent at evading pressure and dribbling from deep. Decent passer of the ball aswell.

He'd be a great complement to our midfield.
He's pretty good at intercepting passes and tackling, correct? This was my impression anyways, since he plays much deeper.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Other clubs opened discussions.

We have simple interest.

Lovely stuff!
We don't sign players like this, we sign Gervinho you sign Hazard. We will sign his CM partner who has also had a good season and try to convince ourselves he's the real reason why their midfield is successful.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
We don't sign players like this, we sign Gervinho you sign Hazard. We will sign his CM partner who has also had a good season and try to convince ourselves he's the real reason why their midfield is successful.

New setup now. We can’t really go on Arsène’s 22 years.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

New setup now. We can’t really go on Arséne’s 22 years.
The issue is now that Arsène has left us in the lurch. I can't remember us being so unattractive as a club.

During the youth project we simply didn't have the money but were admired throughout Europe, we were able to sign Nasri who was genuinely wanted by top clubs throughout Europe. Our lack of titles and trophies were due to us being so young and we almost had an underdog following with Wenger still highly rated as a coach. This allowed us to sign Özil and Sanchez as everyone assumed that with the restrictions gone we were heading back to the top.

Few years later it turns out that Wenger has declined or had hit his ceiling with the kids, the money being available was some kind of false dawn. Everyone's seen the real us now, too many high profile defeats in the worst possible manner, imo I think some of these defeats (Bayern 10-2 was for me, definitely the final nail in the coffin) had an effect on our reputation as a top club. Ironically Wenger was probably the last thing still giving us a bit of a pull, almost thought we had Mbappe when his family member praised Wenger in the press.

Having said that I think the Wenger pull started to decline a few years ago, he's still respected but I don't think players see him as a winner. Don't think we've signed anyone since Sanchez that we couldn't have signed without Wenger.

Last edited:

The issue is now that Arséne has left us in the lurch. I can't remember us being so unattractive as a club.

During the youth project we simply didn't have the money but were admired throughout Europe, we were able to sign Nasri who was genuinely wanted by top clubs throughout Europe.

Our lack of titles and trophies were due to us being so young and we almost had an underdog following with Wenger still highly rated as a coach. This allowed us to sign Özil and Sanchez as everyone assumed that with the restrictions gone we were heading back to the top.

Few years later it turns out that Wenger has declined or had hit his ceiling with the kids, the money being available was some kind of false dawn. Everyone's seen the real us now, too many high profile defeats in the worst possible manner, imo I think some of these defeats (Bayern 10-2 was for me, definitely the final nail in the coffin) had an effect on our reputation as a top club. Ironically Wenger was probably the last thing still giving us a bit of a pull, almost thought we had Mbappe when his family member praised Wenger in the press.

Having said that I think the Wenger pull started to decline a few years ago, he's still respected but I don't think players see him as a winner. Don't think we've signed anyone since Sanchez that we couldn't have signed without Wenger.

Aubameyang said he was here because of Wenger. Maybe he would have signed if Wenger wasnt here, or maybe not we never know. But we know he said he was here because of Wenger.

Wenger was and is still very respected among everyone who actually take part in the game. We signed Özil, Sanchez, Cech(respected GK), Xhaka(one of most talented cm at the time). Mustafi(CB who was on the way up), and Aubameyang under Wenger. He had pull even with EL last season he signed Lacazette, Mhiki and Auba.

But it is of course easier to put all the blame on Wenger, he is gone now and can't defend him self. I mean, Gazidis, Sven and Emery can't sign top players for the club? Even if they can pay higher wages than most clubs in the world? Blame Wenger.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Aubameyang said he was here because of Wenger. Maybe he would have signed if Wenger wasnt here, or maybe not we never know. But we know he said he was here because of Wenger.

Wenger was and is still very respected among everyone who actually take part in the game. We signed Özil, Sanchez, Cech(respected GK), Xhaka(one of most talented cm at the time). Mustafi(CB who was on the way up), and Aubameyang under Wenger. He had pull even with EL last season he signed Lacazette, Mhiki and Auba.

But it is of course easier to put all the blame on Wenger, he is gone now and can't defend him self. I mean, Gazidis, Sven and Emery can't sign top players for the club? Even if they can pay higher wages than most clubs in the world? Blame Wenger.
None of this makes sense in response to what I've said. I mean I could rip this post apart...but I won't. :)

None of this makes sense in response to what I've said. I mean I could rip this post apart...but I won't. :)

Thanks buddy, I saw the light after I posted this. Wenger destroyed this club. No one wants to be here because of Wenger. Its all Wengers fault.

We gonna end outside of top4 next year. Blame Wenger.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Thanks buddy, I saw the light after I posted this. Wenger destroyed this club. No one wants to be here because of Wenger. Its all Wengers fault.

We gonna end outside of top4 next year. Blame Wenger.
Pretty much! Bit harsh on Wenger though, I'd blame anywhere from 60-90% of our current situation on him.

Top Bottom