• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Taylor and Stack out?

asajoseph

Established Member
Surely if Wenger was serious about these guys, they'd be playing in the last few games of the season?

Aussie

Established Member
Whats the point of giving them one game at the end of the season. There is no point in changing things around we still have something to play for.

KingReyes

Established Member
AW wants to play the best possible side so we can stay unbeaten, its much easier changing things on outfield players rather than goalkeepers. Notice that the defense has not changed since we won the league and I don't expect it too.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Stuart Taylor will never be Arsenal's number one whilst Arsène is manager. Not too sure qabout Stacky either..

Eastrek

Both keepers are quality, if Taylor can stay injury-free next year it would be a good idea to send Stack out on loan, playing reserve football each week isnt going to further his career at his age.

Gunner4life09

i can't see why wenger would give them games, as u see the goalkepper position is very diffrent to say any other role because if say Taylor concedes a goal and even if u sub him off for a lehman or something it wouldn't chnage anything we will still be a goal down but say if we played Bently and he was having a crap game( which i hope it will never happen) just have to bring on Henry and Henry can score.

JGooner

I think Wenger does have plans for Stack, though sadly not Taylor, who just hasn't got the character to play at a big club. If Wenger didn't think Stack had a future, he wouldn't have deliberately sought a thirty-something GK last summer. He would have gone for a young, long-term replacement for Seaman. The reason he didn't is because he only wanted a stop-gap to fill the role until he could judge whether Stack was ready to take over.

Taozhe

Wenger plans these things carefully. He KNEW seaman was past it and did not renew his contract ... Keegan didnt see what was coming.

He probably bought Lehman who fit into his style of play ... minus the temperament, despite numerous complaints bout him, I felt Lehman made us FORGET seaman and he was one of our reasons for confident high defence line. His bravery to come out for crosses and challenge for aerial balls helps us a lot.

this however doesnt make Lehman long term due to his age, I can feel either wenger decides to wait until a Young goalkeeper gem is out there or he feels Stack is the gem ... we can never be sure what Wenger is up to ....

Trust him. He watches football videos as a hobby and pasttime. Probably tens to twenty times more than the average manager. You think u can know more than him?

A manager who does his own scouting as well. Mind u

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom