• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Technical Director Search

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Do we know for sure that Edu is actually coming? Also, when does the transfer window open?

The domestic transfer window is already open. International transfers can't be completed until the FIFA Transfer Matching System opens on June 9.

I suppose we don't know for sure Edu is coming. There's been no confirmation. But Brazil's federation seems to have basically confirmed it awhile back. I guess we'll see.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

That’s worrying. Luis Campos is set for Milan as well, Baldy came in and swooped him.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I 100% don't want a trident of Spaniards running the club. Especially if two of those have worked together before and not necessarily done a good job.

I'd much prefer Edu, that way we open the South American market as well as have Sanllehi and Emery's knowledge of La Liga. Someone also said that Edu has links to some super agents who would be able to help us sell our players? That would be insanely beneficial for us.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Someone also said that Edu has links to some super agents who would be able to help us sell our players? That would be insanely beneficial for us.
Yeah, he's connected to Kia Joorabchian who helped Chelsea get £50m for David Luiz, £52m for Oscar and £25m for Ramires. He was also involved in Coutinho's £145m move to Barcelona last year.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Kia seems to know how to sell South American talent, which always has a premium anyway, especially if already at a top club.

Good luck selling some eastern european plodders who are surplus to requirements at Arsenal.

Hope Ivan buys them, make up for his mistakes.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Hot take: none of us can reasonably judge who or who wouldn't make a good technical director.
You can to an extent. If someone is coming in who has failed to impress with Sanllehi before then I won't be very excited.

But yeh its a different scenario in a different team I guess.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I'd much prefer Edu, that way we open the South American market as well as have Sanllehi and Emery's knowledge of La Liga. Someone also said that Edu has links to some super agents who would be able to help us sell our players? That would be insanely beneficial for us.

Actually, Arsenal already has an expert in the South American market in Sanllehi. Although he is said to "work in the shadows," he was heavily involved in their South American pipeline (not just Neymar -- whose people would only work with Sanllehi at Barcelona -- and Suarez). As the Daily Mail noted when he moved to Arsenal:

He has worked closely with Barcelona's man in Brazil Andre Curry this summer as he tracked young Gremio midfielder Arthur Melo and his team-mate Luan Vieira.

He was instrumental in bringing Brazil midfielder Paulinho to the Nou Camp and he was part of the ongoing operation to sign Philippe Coutinho. South America is a huge market for Barcelona and he has 15 years of experience and contacts there.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5124737/Raul-Sanllehi-major-coup-Arsenal.html

Also, there's really nobody who is closer to the super agents than Sanllehi. Edu will have his own contacts, of course, but he (or whoever is technical director) will be focused more on overseeing the scouting network and maintaining the club identity throughout the organization. Raul will be the one charged with actually getting the players to Arsenal.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Also, there's really nobody who is closer to the super agents than Sanllehi. Edu will have his own contacts, of course, but he (or whoever is technical director) will be focused more on overseeing the scouting network and maintaining the club identity throughout the organization. Raul will be the one charged with actually getting the players to Arsenal.
But Edu plays a big part in selection of targets right?

Raul signed some of the worst and biggest flops of the current Barcelona era.
What are some examples? Hopefully his skill set and range is better suited to us than Barcelona; they're always looking for the best players in the world and aren't we unfortunately. The pool of players we'd look at is different.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Raul signed some of the worst and biggest flops of the current Barcelona era.

Neymar, Suarez, Rakitic, Ter Stegan, Semedo, Dembele, Umtiti, Jordi Alba, Cesc, Alexis, Villa, Mascherano, Alves, Pique. Yeah, those are some damn crappy footballers.

Stop trying to be such a hipster.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
But Edu plays a big part in selection of targets right?

Yes. He'll be overseeing the scouting network and working with the head of recruitment. He'll of course be able to use his own contacts to get heads up on Brazilian (and possibly other South American) players early on. And he'll be a big part of the process of deciding on targets.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Neymar, Suarez, Rakitic, Ter Stegan, Semedo, Dembele, Umtiti, Jordi Alba, Cesc, Alexis, Villa, Mascherano, Alves, Pique. Yeah, those are some damn crappy footballers.

Stop trying to be such a hipster.
Pique was already at the club and Alves had arrived the same summer as Raul due the work of the previous director.

Song, Caceras, Zlatan, Hleb, Turan, Coutinho, Malcom, Vermaelen, Chygrynsky, Gomes, Paulinho, Digne etc are all expensive flops. Players were let go for cheap too, Toure, Thiago, Bojan etc.

Cut out the hipster rubbish, you’ve done it in two threads now. You can ignore me.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Pique was already at the club and Alves had arrived the same summer as Raul due the work of the previous director.

Song, Caceras, Zlatan, Hleb, Turan, Coutinho, Malcom, Vermaelen, Chygrynsky, Gomes, Paulinho, Digne etc are all expensive flops. Players were let go for cheap too, Toure, Thiago, Bojan etc.

Cut out the hipster rubbish, you’ve done it in two threads now. You can ignore me.

Pique signed for Barcelona from Manchester United on May 27, 2008. Sanllehi had just taken over as director of football and had been basically their transfer guru for a few years before that. He may not have had the title, but they put him to work on transfers shortly after he joined the club in 2003.

Sure, there were flops. Now I'll just wait for you to identify anyone involved in transfers who had only resounding successes and no flops. Well, no I won't wait because I won't live that long.

You're just cherry picking to be a hipster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom