Technical Director Search

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Slartibartfast, Mar 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast CIES Loyalist

Cagigao is doing the work Mislintat did as head of recruitment. Sven was not implementing a philosophy, coordinating various levels of operations from the first team to the academy, advising the head coach on football matters, etc. It's the part of the job that requires the new technical director to ensure continuity between all levels of the club in which Sanllehi apparently thought Mislintat fell short. Also -- and you can choose to believe or not believe it -- there were reports that Sven wasn't keen on working with the scouting network and rarely talked to any of the scouts he was overseeing.

In any case, I understand that you're a big fan of Sven Mislintat. But for whatever the reasons, he is gone. He's not coming back. Maybe you hold a grudge against Sanllehi for what happened. I don't know. But you seem unwilling to give anyone at the club a chance.

Camron, Gooner416 and drippin like this.
  2. drippin

drippin Well-Known Member

And suggesting that one of the highest wielding power persons at the club is so petty that his only reason not to choose Sven was power play, when he didn't even have to do any power play in the beginning. :lol:

If I understood correctly Raul answers directly to owners? Even Emery has nothing on him.

3. L3T5 PL4Y

L3T5 PL4Y Flair Accuser

Yeah, and he was part of a very successful Barcelona office.

It's not okay to judge somebody for being fat.

4. drippin

Heh, yeah. Why would someone with the highest power, even over the head coach, would base his judgements mostly over something related to power or friendships? He doesn't need more power, he cannot buy the club.

Of course if Sven did not respect him enough that is good reason to not choose him, because in professional football you have to respect those who are above you. And this is related to friendship in a way.

L3T5 PL4Y likes this.
  5. L3T5 PL4Y

L3T5 PL4Y Flair Accuser

Yeah and if Sven despite his obvious expertise couldn't land a role even at a well resourced Bundesliga club let alone at foreign clubs. There could be stuff that we don't obviously know of.

Dj_sds - and drippin like this.
  6. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

Mislintat got banned from his own training ground while at Dortmund, so yes it's highly likely that he was a diva, egomaniac, control freak, narcissist weirdo.

So what? Recommendations from our internal scouting team led to the purchases of Mustafi, Xhaka, and Lucas Perez for 70 million in one window. As far as I'm concerned, nobody in that office deserves any respect, let alone a promotion. Our newly promoted head of recruitment, Cagigao, who was formerly our main scout for La Liga, recommended Mustafi and Perez to this club ... let that sink in.

One summer with Mislintat at the helm and we signed 3 players who quickly established themselves as key players, plus 1 player who looks really promising, and the single flop out of the bunch (Lich) was signed on a free transfer.

Sometimes the ends justify the means.

I don't know anything about Edu's work with BR or his contacts, so I have no realistic expectations of his ability, but replacing Mislintat after the summer we just had was an unnecessary risk and totally irresponsible, especially when you consider our laughable performance in the January window (and the fact that we didnt even have a replacement lined up!).

They should have given Sven the stupid promotion and, if it didnt work out, sacked him. In the grand scheme of things, it would cost nothing in comparison to the steals we are obtaining in the transfer market.

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  7. drippin

Mislintat helped Arsenal get ex-Dortmund players and some other good ones. But do we know Guendouzi was his, or Torreira (many knew him)? Emery played against Douzi in PSG. Anyway it's not the main point here.

The main point is that the guys in charge at Arsenal know what they need for the role. They know Mislintat. We don't know either of these. Mislintat is out, and he got a role at a club which is possibly at 2nd Bundesliga next season.

We don't want Arsenal to be in Championship I hope? So let's hope the guys in charge find a guy who fits the job description at Arsenal level. I respect Mislintat a lot and would have hoped we can keep him, but accept the facts.

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  8. L3T5 PL4Y

L3T5 PL4Y Flair Accuser

When the rumours of this promotion thing came up I had a feeling it was a bad idea. If it didn't happen Sven would have to go.

9. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

People keep forgetting mustafi Perez were stat dna signings. Wenger wanted that summer Manolas and vardy instead and would cost the same but the club f**ked up.

Mrs Bergkamp and Tourbillion like this.
  10. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Was that confirmed? AFAIK it was just Arsenal bloggers on twitter who made that assumption.

L3T5 PL4Y likes this.
  11. yousif_arsenal

Even if they weren't they were not the players that wenger wanted wenger wanted Manolas Kante and vardy the club f**ked up all these deals imagine if we end up with these 3 guys that season instead of xhaka Perez and mustafi.

12. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Lucas Perez was a clear panic signing, the scouts told Wenger he was more suited to a bottom 10 club but there were no other options with a few days left in the window. West Ham bid £40m for Lacazette earlier in the window, the club should've just gone for him after Vardy said no instead of wasting the rest of the summer.

L3T5 PL4Y likes this.
  13. yousif_arsenal

Yes same with Manolas Roma asked for 40M euros but instead we spend 35M pounds on mustafi I don't understand this club:lol:

14. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

I commented months ago on a picture of Sven. I posted that he looked like the type of guy that would contort his body in an attempt to gobble himself. Everything I've read about him since has reinforced that observation.

L3T5 PL4Y, krengon, Dj_sds - and 2 others like this.
  15. kraphtous

kraphtous Unai Enemy

“Edu going to Arsenal? My condolences Arsenal” – Brazilian slammed as being ‘subservient’

Now it makes sense why Sanllehi wanted Edu rather than Mislintat.

16. HomeSteak

HomeSteak Well-Known Member

Not much he can do there. Neymar is whining *****, it's the same at PSG. You are better off just letting him be

17. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James

Yeah, because he’s experienced in having to handle all sorts of issues with playing staff. Mislintat would be off in a village in the arse-end of nowhere praying with the latest 16 year old Nigerian sensation while Özil is having a meltdown.

Neymar is a **** and is surrounded by ****s. It would cause more aggro not letting his dad in the dressing room.

L3T5 PL4Y, RacingPhoton and OnlyOne like this.
  18. kraphtous

kraphtous Unai Enemy

Well it looks like Edu won't do much about Özil either because "it would cause more problems" if Edu does anything that might upset him.

19. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

:lol: Edu getting the blame for that.

The federation, media & players built Neymar up to be a god in 2014. They set him apart.

Where was Edu then? With the Iran team wasn't he?

20. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One

It's basically because him and Tite are yes man. Tite has put a side a lot of the good will he built before he got the Brasil because both of them are letting a lot of **** slide on Neymar's part.

I'll spare everyone the CBF are **** speech, but truth be told I feel like he'll be another Leonardo. A well spoken, good looking former player who talks the talk, but doesn't really walk the walk.

GDeep™ and Toby Andrl like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.