Technical Director Search

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Slartibartfast, Mar 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

but even tho all brazil problems off the pitch they are preforming well on the pitch also Brazil for first time they got talented players in every position.

2. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One

With the above in mind, unless we get REALLY lucky with recruitment (coaching and player) and sales, I do think it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

We have no one with proper ambition or proactiveness required to rebuild this club in a post Wenger scenario. Raul strikes me very much like a guy who'll be about the bottom financial line because Kroenke told him that's his job.

Basically we'd need someone like Wenger (as in, someone who cares about the club) as our DoF. Maybe even the man himself, though I feel there needs to be a couple more years of distance to say the least before he's back at the club in any capacity.

I do feel like we lost big on Mislintat, the man worked the long game and that is kinda what we need to be doing with the reported money we have at our disposal.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  3. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One

Tite is fighting for his job right now. He NEEDS to win Copa América and that's a bad thing.

Renato Augusto is being thought of for the Neymar spot, now that Jr. is injured. Basically because he's a leader and would tell people off, something that Tite is not willing to do right now.

We have a great generation coming up we we're wasting valueable tournie time playing a 36 year-old Dani Alves and others that will not be here for the next world cup, instead of giving Fabinho, etc., time to experience life at the Seleção.

We should be doing everything we can to have a competent team WITHOUT Neymar, so that when he plays, it's great. The dude's is a really good footballer. But when he doesn't we should be able to collectively step up.

This is the mess that was 2006 all over again. It's Party FC up in there.

4. THunter

THunter NOT In A Caravan Trusted

Fabinho not being included is hilarious.

Best DM in Europe last season.

Gooner416 and El Duderino like this.
  5. Gooner416

Gooner416 Well-Known Member

My only thing with Sven is that if the collaboration reports are true, he would absolutely not be the man for the job. It's key to a role of that stature to lead a scouting network and communicate. From just looking at the man, I can believe those reports but then again, never judge a book by its cover.

6. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan Trusted

Completely fabricated and made up ****. As Stuttgart's Sporting Director I've got a pretty decent and close impression now and ths tuff about him being not a teamplayer, being weird or not communicative is complete bollocks.

7. L3T5 PL4Y

L3T5 PL4Y Flair Accuser

I'm in three minds regarding this post and can't react to it. Its so hilarious it hurts. Its so interesting I have the Harry Kane expression causing me to drool while in deep thought. And I'm in awe of your insight and imagination. Its a very difficult state I find myself in but I do not know where I'd be without you.

8. L3T5 PL4Y

L3T5 PL4Y Flair Accuser

I doubt Brazil and Argentina FA are actually interested in doing well at football.

9. L3T5 PL4Y

L3T5 PL4Y Flair Accuser

Reading this stuff about Edu doesn't fill me with confidence for sure. Why don't we go after that guy Milan are looking to hire from Lille? He seems like the sort to build a proper team.

10. Toby Andrl

Heard/read that Edu is pretty safe as he's apparently agreed to join Arsenal. But contrary to him wanting to stay until the Copa America is done, this source says Arsenal didn't/don't want to buy him out of his contract with the Brazilian FA, so the club just waits until after the tournament. As far as I can tell, the evaluation of Edu in that context wasn't very high, either, using a word that describes him as "a nice guy supposed to represent and shake hands without much operative influence" - at least currently.

Also goes on to say that contrary to reports like Edu having basically worked two jobs and given Arsenal targets, this hasn't happened and the club is still lacking direction and staff personnel above the manager, e.g. a Sporting/Technical Director to really get things going.

Goes on to talk about financial problems and I suppose it's that wage cap thing, which has along the lack of clear direction by the leadership hampered recruitment all season long.

Take with a grain of salt, though.

Mrs Bergkamp likes this.
  11. Toby Andrl

Kind of hate to bring this up again, but there was big, big talk about Sanllehi, Mislintat and Mertesacker doing exactly that in tandem.

12. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Who’s going to confirm such a thing? Wenger barely played the useless ****, tells you everything.

13. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

That says nothing about StatDNA. Cagigao told the club Perez wasn't good enough but they signed him anyway because the window was about to close and they missed out on Vardy.

MutableEarth likes this.
  14. Toby Andrl

Should've gone the loan with option to buy route with him.

American_Gooner likes this.
  15. Rex Banter

Rex Banter YNWA Trusted

If this regime flames out which I fear it might got to start looking at Arsène for DoF.

The man lost his way tactically towards the end but he’s such a name and a great footballing mind he’d give us an identity.

Case in point is that we were actually a serious contender in the Mbappé sweepstakes ffs down solely to him.

Bringing him now is undermining Emery but he needs to be at the club.

16. Toby Andrl

Don't know if he'd be a good fit for a proper executive role a la DoF. He could be, but he's essentially a manager and he seems well off outside of managing by now.

I could imagine him as an official advisor, though. Similar to what Matthias Sammer is doing at Dortmund since he doesn't want to work fulltime anymore since his stroke. Apparently that guy is very, very influential and highly valued by BvB.

Mrs Bergkamp and Rex Banter like this.
  17. Rex Banter

Rex Banter YNWA Trusted

Yeah he should be our Cruyff figure, our modern identity as a club stems from him.

18. OneAW!

OneAW! Active Member

Sorry WENGER is still the best tactician in world football.

He was consistently undermined by the boards bad commercial deals and failure to get key transfer targets. Sure against billionaire oil teams, his tactics when implemented by players who were either not good enough or not possessing the right skillset, often came undone, but that's not his fault.

Who cares about undermining Emery? He isn't the right guy for us. We have a cheap escape clause lets take it. The clubs interest should interest should supersede any manager's who will **** of the next minute some bigger club comes waving their chequebook.

19. Toby Andrl

Agree. Ideally you would want someone conceptional and visionary like Rangnick as DoF, who looks after the big picture from top to bottom, a proven squadplanner, scout, analyst and recruiter like Campos or Mislintat as Technical Director, a business man with a passion for football and success as CEO running the club company silently in the background and someone like Wenger who knows the sport, the business, the club as advisor and guidance. Hell of a dream.

Rex Banter likes this.
  20. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Rex Banter likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.