• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The 2015/16 Transfer Window: A Review

How would you rate the 2015/16 transfer window (out of 5)?

• Total voters

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Was this when Leicester won the league?

Are you telling me Giroud cost us a PL title?
Untitled.jpg

+8.53 xG :lol: Giroud should've been sent to The Hague

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Untitled.jpg

I didn’t even hate Giroud whilst he was here, but the way people try big him up once he became a side man for Chelsea kmt.

Never. Not my portion. He cost us way more than I even realised in hindsight - but admittedly Wenger wrongfully persisted with him for far too long. He tried his best, so who’s fault is it really.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I didn’t even hate Giroud whilst he was here, but the way people try big him up once he became a side man for Chelsea kmt.

Never. Not my portion. He cost us way more than I even realised in hindsight - but admittedly Wenger wrongfully persisted with him for far too long. He tried his best, so who’s fault is it really.

Strike rate similar to Drogba. Elite big game player who was a great rotation striker.

Find a new slant.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Untitled.jpg

Giroud was decent here, to be fair to him...not at that point though!

But the Laca v Giroud debate always makes me laugh...one spent his whole Arsenal career playing for a super attacking Wenger team, with prime Sanchez/Cazorla/Özil, while pretty much being a undisputed starter until his last year at the club.

And people wonder why he put up better numbers :lol:

• Goal
Reactions: A_G

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

2015/16 our play was exciting, all our stats were superb in both defence and attack, and we finished 2nd . . . end of story.

Your ‘context’ you want to drag in, if only he’d done this and that he might have won the league etc, is where all the boll*cks arrives. I know you’re big on all this other stuff but it doesn’t interest me bro.

People who play down good stats and big up bad ones with supposed ‘context’ are the ones with an agenda or have been brain washed by what others say.
Think you inadvertently or deliberately misinterpreted what I meant by context here. In 2015/16 the expectations amongst the fans was different than what it is now. We expected to progress and challenge for the league title and to kick on in the CL instead of exiting in the round of 16 as we did at the time. These expectations were also fuelled by Wenger and the club. Note that when we finished 2nd, before regressing to 4th and 5th under Wenger, we really didn't challenge. Sp**s were closer to catching Leicester and we finished 2nd right at the death when Sp**s stopped getting results at the end, which we kept on getting.

After our 2nd place league position we didn't improve but got worse and the fan frustration grew until Wenger had to leave. We then had Emery join and he got the worst of the rot that had set in both in the squad as well as among the fans. Everyone was very unhappy and frustrated. Arteta now benefits from that by enjoying less pressure and lower expectations. You might view this as "double standard" but it is the type of context I am referring to. You might view this as unfair, but this is how things work in real life. Not sure why that is so hard to accept and / or understand? It isn't an "agenda" to point this out or be subject to it oneself, it is simply how things operate.

Riou

We needed Santi to stay fit, or at least Jack to not miss the season, for us to win the league this year...our midfield was kinda shocking.

Even if we had Auba (who would obviously be an upgrade on Giroud) in 15/16, I am not sure we win it without Caz staying fit.

Santi could transition the ball so fast to Özil back then when we played him in CM, so Mes could get more involved in games and didn't have to come so deep during matches (like the poor mans Vieira to Bergkamp back in the day) think even with Pierre, our midfield wasn't good enough without him.

Would like to see the breakdown of Özil numbers in the calendar year of 2015, after we started playing Santi deeper and before he got injured...think that will show how much Özil missed him, Giroud going missing hurt him, but no Caz probably hurt him even more.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

With all due respect putting Giroud and Drogba in the same sentence means bare facts and all logic is missing.

Except the strike rate was similar. An actual example of a fact.

Riou

This is the first season, that Arsenal had a bad season, since 94/95, imo.

Despite the likes of Sky saying how bad an influence the likes of AFTV have had on the club (pretty sure everyone in the media kept mentioning how long we went without a trophy, then we won won one it became how long since we won the league...despite Arsenal clearly not being built to win the major honours since the switch in 2006, they were happy to pile onto Arsène) we were bantered for years by the press, despite doing pretty well up until the season.

We deserved to be heavily criticized this season, 2nd place or not, you can lose the league to ****ing Leicester...but it's quite annoying how we were treated before 2016.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Think you inadvertently or deliberately misinterpreted what I meant by context here. In 2015/16 the expectations amongst the fans was different than what it is now. We expected to progress and challenge for the league title and to kick on in the CL instead of exiting in the round of 16 as we did at the time. These expectations were also fuelled by Wenger and the club. Note that when we finished 2nd, before regressing to 4th and 5th under Wenger, we really didn't challenge. Sp**s were closer to catching Leicester and we finished 2nd right at the death when Sp**s stopped getting results at the end, which we kept on getting.

After our 2nd place league position we didn't improve but got worse and the fan frustration grew until Wenger had to leave. We then had Emery join and he got the worst of the rot that had set in both in the squad as well as among the fans. Everyone was very unhappy and frustrated. Arteta now benefits from that by enjoying less pressure and lower expectations. You might view this as "double standard" but it is the type of context I am referring to. You might view this as unfair, but this is how things work in real life. Not sure why that is so hard to accept and / or understand? It isn't an "agenda" to point this out or be subject to it oneself, it is simply how things operate.
All that stuff is your just your context, not mine bro. The pure facts. we progressed, from 4th, to 3rd to 2nd with some excellent stats to back it up. That’s when the fan campaign to remove him started in earnest, not after he finished 5th or 6th.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
No excuses for not winning the league that season.
Not losing your best player early on then. You’re a hard man. VVD injury last season was widely accepted to have affected performance.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

All that stuff is your just your context, not mine bro. The pure facts. we progressed, from 4th, to 3rd to 2nd with some excellent stats to back it up. That’s when the fan campaign to remove him started in earnest, not after he finished 5th or 6th.
Let’s refer to your context as an “alternative” context. A bit Kellyanne Conway like, which I see as quite fitting… 😉

Top Bottom