• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The 2015/16 Transfer Window: A Review

How would you rate the 2015/16 transfer window (out of 5)?

• Total voters

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I remember when Henry was a pundit, he said "Giroud is a good player, but I don't think you can win the league with him as your main striker"

This place went pretty mental, some poster tried to tear down Thierry's achievement to make Giroud look better :lol:

One of the darkest days on AM, imo.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
What’s the context then bozo?
Far different goal scoring environments (both league-wide and team). It's the same as these Henry comparisons you see with much lesser strikers who played 10 years later, where they have superior goal scoring records to Henry. We know of course who is better.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Far different goal scoring environments (both league-wide and team). It's the same as these Henry comparisons you see with much lesser strikers who played 10 years later, where they have superior goal scoring records to Henry. We know of course who is better.

Drogba left the league the season before Giroud joined :lol:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I said no excuses and here you are running around with excuses smh
My grandad was similar, didn’t like it if anybody challenged his word, even if he was wrong. But then again he wasn’t on a discussion forum.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
My grandad was similar, didn’t like it if anybody challenged his word, even if he was wrong. But then again he wasn’t on a discussion forum.

If you are so vulnarable to one injury, plan for it better by utilise the transfer window

No excuses

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

If they had superior goal scoring records 10 years later, they must have been better, what with the league being so much harder. 😂 Getting yourself in knots here bro.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Except the strike rate was similar. An actual example of a fact.
New Orleans Pelicans Wtf GIF by NBA

I thought you were joking, guess not.

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

UpTheGunnerz

Mourninho got dusted early on in the season, same with Rodgers
Pochettino getting in to his stride, Pellegrini didn’t care since he knew Pep was a coming and so on

Was such a great chance to win the league

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

If you are so vulnarable to one injury, plan for it better by utilise the transfer window

No excuses
Wait, so you’re saying a manager has to get backup players as good as their star players in case they get injured. Literally nobody said that about Klopp last year, lots of sympathy for losing VVD. :lol: And rightly so, players like VVD and Santi are one offs.

UpTheGunnerz

Wait, so you’re saying a manager has to get backup players as good as their star players in case they get injured. Literally nobody said that about Klopp last year, lots of sympathy for losing VVD. :lol: And rightly so, players like VVD and Santi are one offs.

No, but I am saying that we had a whole window to strengthen the team and we didn’t except for one position. That was a grave misjudgement in my book

mpower2540

Honestly I thought we were immensely average to watch for most of that season, you could see we didn’t have it in us to win it despite the opportunity being there.

Beating Man City then getting smashed by Southampton 4-0 on Boxing Day, losing both games to a fractured Chelsea, costly draws to Southampton home, Crystal Palace home, Sunderland away and West Ham away from being 2-0 up.

Then of course the infamous week where we lost to a decimated Man Utd and then at home to Swansea. I never truly believed that team could win it or any of Wenger’s teams from about 2011 onwards.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

No, but I am saying that we had a whole window to strengthen the team and we didn’t except for one position. That was a grave misjudgement in my book
Oh yeah, we had a big squad Mr Hindsight, so who would you have replaced and with whom?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
You can't really say there was depth in CM when the back-ups were Arteta, Wilshere, Ramsey and Flamini. The first three were perennially injured from 2013-2015 and the latter had no business playing for a club with ambition at that stage of his career.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Who started this thread? Must be one of the most disappointing windows in club history. Gave it a 1 just because I was happy we signed Cech at the time. With hindsight it was a mistake I think. Paying $15m for a thousand year old GK… puhhh…

Why the flying **** did we not splash the cash then? That period, although some raise it as the non plus ultra here, feels like dust in my mouth.

UpTheGunnerz

Replace Giroud with say Higuain and we would probably win the league that season and my memory of Wenger latter day would be much more fonder. It was there to be taken

Latest posts+

Top Bottom