• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The A-Mers Football Thread

Aevi

Hale End FC
Just want to see if any of you lot want to talk about the football we play.

I've been playing 5-a-side indoors for the past month after having played sporadically for three years and I can't lie, it's been a struggle. I run and do all sorts of active things fairly regularly, but the constant sprints tracking players and trying to beat my man have been tough. I've chocked in front of goal a few too many times as well which is frustrating. I do my job though, I play CM and I think I'm quite good at recovering possession and sending the ball forward.

Anyways, what do you lot do? How much do you play, what position, how good do you reckon you are, etc.?

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Just want to see if any of you lot want to talk about the football we play.

I've been playing 5-a-side indoors for the past month after having played sporadically for three years and I can't lie, it's been a struggle. I run and do all sorts of active things fairly regularly, but the constant sprints tracking players and trying to beat my man have been tough. I've chocked in front of goal a few too many times as well which is frustrating. I do my job though, I play CM and I think I'm quite good at recovering possession and sending the ball forward.

Anyways, what do you lot do? How much do you play, what position, how good do you reckon you are, etc.?
So I was originally a striker until I moved to defence.
Love it at the back of the field. Prefer to be on the right but as I age my speed is going quickly so I need to remain central. Also a 5 a side indoor team which I play for.
Making the full game is a mission these days. Thinking back though I used to play every night except Sunday for four years in my early twenties

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters

Playing twice a week 5 a side on astro turf, usually one and and a half hour. It's very competitve a couple of lads even played footsal semi-profesionally.

Though I'm starting to dislike astro turf, I don't know much about the materials used but the traction is different and your body moves differently than on some other turfs. I'm usually very stiff the next day and I've seen some freak injuries down the years because of astro. To be honest I totally understand why it's not used in professional football.

I'm not sure how others play but usually there's no fixed poisition playing 5 a side. The whole point is you try to play positionless game where everyone is in motion trying to exploit the space with quick one twos to create a separation or drag a second player closer to you with dribling to create space for others.

But if I had to pinpoint it I'm relatively quick with an eye for a pass so I'm often the one initiating counter attacks or bring others to play with slick passing. I do have a good shot on me but I'm very inconsistent with it. I'd probably be a winger or a wingback. I like to defend especially against a player that is better than me, I think I'm quite good at it but I'm lacking in fitness at the moment so I do compensate in defence. :lol: Need to bring myself back to better shape.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
I’m a keeper and I played for my halls team at university for 2 years, but I wasn’t a fan of the atmosphere of the amateur game so ended up playing cricket instead and stopped football in 2015.

Last November I moved to Germany, and seeing as they don’t really have cricket here I thought I’d give football a go again. Joined up with a local club and it’s much more friendly here, and I’d say they take the game more seriously as well. We have 2 evening training sessions during the week (compared to in the UK where we'd turn up on Sunday and just play). As we've had the winter break here I haven't played a match yet, but I'm looking forward to it

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Never played. Never completed a proper match with teams and referees. Only games worth remembering were at corporate meets full of oldies like me.

When it rained at my karate club, we used to play football with rugby rules in the big stadium. It used to be brutal! I remember shoulder barging a lady brown belt into a puddle and she tried to kicked my head in for ruining her uniform.

Really think that rugby should be more popular than football. It's way more enjoyable.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Playing twice a week 5 a side on astro turf, usually one and and a half hour. It's very competitve a couple of lads even played footsal semi-profesionally.

Though I'm starting to dislike astro turf, I don't know much about the materials used but the traction is different and your body moves differently than on some other turfs. I'm usually very stiff the next day and I've seen some freak injuries down the years because of astro. To be honest I totally understand why it's not used in professional football.

I'm not sure how others play but usually there's no fixed poisition playing 5 a side. The whole point is you try to play positionless game where everyone is in motion trying to exploit the space with quick one twos to create a separation or drag a second player closer to you with dribling to create space for others.

But if I had to pinpoint it I'm relatively quick with an eye for a pass so I'm often the one initiating counter attacks or bring others to play with slick passing. I do have a good shot on me but I'm very inconsistent with it. I'd probably be a winger or a wingback. I like to defend especially against a player that is better than me, I think I'm quite good at it but I'm lacking in fitness at the moment so I do compensate in defence. :lol: Need to bring myself back to better shape.
What kicks have you got?

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Used to play at a semi decent level as CB, until i had a bike accident and needed a new knee.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
What kicks have you got?

Adidas Golleto

26304103_l.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom