• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Abdelhak Nouri appreciation thread

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Terrible news & you can't help but feel sorry for all who knew & loved him. I didn't even know this kid but as humans, a tragedy like this, touches everyone.

Amsterdam Gooner 88

My heart is heavy and my eyes fill with tears whenever i think about Appie. Easily my favourite talent at Ajax and we have quite a few young talents. Such a likeable, funny, friendly and warm personality. How can this be? Seems so surreal. Only 20 years old. He made his debut for Ajax last season and this season he would have played a lot in the first team. He had all the talent to have gone on to be a worldclass player but we will never know.

Breaks my heart to think that there is a good chance that Appie will be in a vegetative state when he awakens from his coma. Life can be so cruel and unfair.

We love you Ap.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

IMG_0501.JPG

IMG_0499.JPG

IMG_0500.JPG

Amazing support for the Nouri family. Proud of the football community. The last picture shows the Ajax squad, who were also there. Today they drew Nice in the CL qualifiers. Don't think anyone cares. I hope the guys can move on, will be difficult, so many 18, 19, 20, 21 year olds in the squad that have known Nouri for years, some as much as 10. It will forever be a scar for these players, but I think Nouri would have wanted the best for his club and his friends.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Such a tragedy. I still tear up thinking about it. I was watching the game on beIN sports when he collapsed. You could sense the worst by the looks of despair on the faces of his teammates. I was heartened to hear that he was stable, but then this news came. My heart goes out to his family, his friends, his teammates and all who love him.

I was also watching a few years back when Fabrice Muamba, the Bolton player (and former Arsenal youth) collapsed with a heart attack. Thankfully things turned out much better for him, even though he was unable to resume his career.

Deathstroke

The Terminator
Horrid news. I'd never seen him play; only knew him from Championship Manager, where he was a monster in midfield for my Southport side. Sickens me to hear of this; it's cruel, undeserved and unfair.

Can't even begin to imagine how his family and friends must feel.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Really sad, he was so talented. I hope by some amazing miracle he recovers, I really do.

Amsterdam Gooner 88

I f*cking miss Nouri. His friends which he played together with either just made a big transfer (Frenkie de Jong & Matthijs de Ligt) or will be making a big transfer in the near future (Donny VD Beek).

Meanwhile Appie has permanent brain damage and is in a vegetative state with minor consciousness.

Appie was special on the pitch and off the pitch and i really believe he would have gone on to be an international superstar at the highest level of football.

I felt like bumping this thread because it is important to me that Abdelhak Nouri doesn't get forgotten.

We missen je Appie

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I f*cking miss Nouri. His friends which he played together with either just made a big transfer (Frenkie de Jong & Matthijs de Ligt) or will be making a big transfer in the near future (Donny VD Beek).

Meanwhile Appie has permanent brain damage and is in a vegetative state with minor consciousness.

Appie was special on the pitch and off the pitch and i really believe he would have gone on to be an international superstar at the highest level of football.

I felt like bumping this thread because it is important to me that Abdelhak Nouri doesn't get forgotten.

We missen je Appie
He was a bigger talent than all of them. He was destined to play in Schone’s postion last year, Donny, Frenkie and Appie midfield dominating Europe, we always knew together they had the talent to do it. It still hurts so much.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Didn't know we had a thread dedicated to Nouri on here. The support for Nouri's family immediately after the disaster showed mankind at its finest, it was really overwhelming and beautiful.

It is so sad to think of the career he could've had given his talent, but even sadder to think about what the family is going through. He was such a lovely human being and such a positive example for many young people in Amsterdam.

Latest posts

Top Bottom